Why become a member? ×

My Celinder J-Update 4

Toasted

Soon to be joined by a Sadowsky Modern 5/24. This is 2006 Celinder J-update 4. It's just over 8lbs and is built for slapping, but sounds great with my primary techniques - fingerstyle/tapping.

It's a special bass to me because my whole family and all my friends clubbed together and bought it for me for my 21st birthday.

Edited by Toasted

[quote name='Toasted' post='392620' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:19 PM']Soon to be joined by a Sadowsky Modern 5/24. This is 2006 Celinder J-update 4. It's just over 8lbs and is built for slapping, but sounds great with my primary techniques - fingerstyle/tapping.

It's a special bass to me because my whole family and all my friends clubbed together and bought it for me for my 21st birthday.

[/quote]

Oooopps - I just did a sex wee! :wub:

[quote name='Hamster' post='393285' date='Jan 27 2009, 11:37 PM']Oooopps - I just did a sex wee! :wub:[/quote]

Me too! I remember playing a similar one to that a while back (Flanker bought it - don't know who has it now). The nicest 4 string jazz bass I've ever played. Something about the Celinder neck just screams 'fondle me'! Someday I'll have one... couldn't afford a Squier at the minute!

• 3 months later...

I bought a Sadowsky MV24 5 string two years ago for a really good price (around 1100 euros) but I wasn't pleased with it. I sold it after two months.
The neck just felt "stiff", I couldn't bend the strings easily and how hard I worked with the controls, the sound remained boomy and artificial.
I found it to be a rock-bass instead of a funkybass. I understand why Metallica's Newstedt uses it.
I have tried out three Sadowsky basses so far but I think my Celinder J4 is a lot better in every way. Every bassplayer who has tried it out so far is floored by it and can't believe how easy it plays. It's like you don't have to put pressure on your fingers to achieve a great sound.
It's the most reponsive bass I have ever played.
It was a great day when I decided to buy it from CrazyKiwi.
Enjoy your basses !

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Flanker' post='487889' date='May 14 2009, 01:47 PM']It's the lightest one I've heard of too - the only thing that puts me off Celinders is the weight - getting puny in my old age![/quote]

Totally agree. I feel very luck. Here's a shot of her chilling by a tree: