Why become a member? ×

My latest bass...!

overwater#1

The bass arrived lunch time today anyway! I'm absolutely made up with it, as to me as an Overwater enthusiast you could say, it is extremely special in my eyes, and I feel extremely lucky to own her! It belonged to fellow forum member 'Woodster', and Chris was kind enough to sell me the bass, which I am massively greatful for, as I know it was a special bass for him too! Chris W is an absolute true friend, and it has been the best experience being able to purchase one of his basses also!!

I will get some pictures done soonish if anyone interested in seeing some here? Shes a Progress Elite model, not sure of exact age, but is the very first 7 string Overwater made, Sycamore body (some nice figure) with stunning flamed Ash front and back facings, 3 piece maple through neck, gold Schaller hardware and Overwater bridge. Pics can't do the bass justice at all, as with any bass, seeing a bass in the flesh, the figure and true beauty of the timbers and the construction just jump out, and look just awesome! I'm going to contact Chris May for more details on the bass, but she plays like a dream! Absolutely phenomenal! I am going to trip up to Carlisle sometime and probably have the action adjusted on my Progress 6 to match the 7, as this one is fantastic! Chris said 'touch sensitive' and I feel that definitely sums up the playability and action, its unbelievable! The sound is definately a nice Progress bass signature sound, although a bit more hi-fi perhaps than my 6.. still lovely, warm and fat tone, and a lower register to die for! Lovely even tone across the neck, trying to think of more things to say to sum up how awesome it is!

Anyway, sorry if this has been a bit boring, but this thread is merely me expressing my passion for a phenomenal bass, that in my books is extremely special and means a huge amount to me!

Here's some of the pics that Chris W sent me anyway, which he did a great job of... and i'l try to get some myself, although I need to get a new 'bass family' pic...

Thankyou very much for showing interest anyway! ;)

Best wishes, Matt

Edited by overwater#1

[quote name='Beedster' post='392382' date='Jan 27 2009, 08:17 AM']It's that Westfeild Precision you've always wanted isn't it :P[/quote]
Im afraid I've sold my last one, and did miss its fantastic unique tone and playability...(ssssh!) :)

As a matter of fact, i've just sold that bass to a mate at college for £70 ;) Im happy!

[quote name='overwater#1' post='392385' date='Jan 27 2009, 08:22 AM']Im afraid I've sold my last one, and did miss its fantastic unique tone and playability...(ssssh!) :)

As a matter of fact, i've just sold that bass to a mate at college for £70 ;) Im happy![/quote]

That bass was up for sale when I joined Bassworld about 3 years ago! It was such a comoon feature of the forum that I posted an Items Wanted thread with the exact description of your Westfield Precision but you never even noticed (a few others did) :P
Hope the newbie bass is as good as expected
Chris

Hmmm sure I remember that thread! ;)

Yeah, as soon as I got my first Overwater bass, it kinda made the Westfield redundant(as it would). Seen as if it didn't sell, I wasn't going to have serious money issues, I didn't really push it... it was more, if someone fancied it, your welcome to it. Some guy at college wants a bass, so he's buying it. Its been sat in my room for about 2 or so years now in its case.

Anyway, that eras over :P haha

Cheers Chris!

:) Good guesses so far!! :huh: Yeah its definitely something special in my books, possibly personal preference, but I'm absolutely made up that its on its way to me now! Should be here tomorrow.. im watching the UPS website like a hawk! I'l get some pics up, and a bit of a review when I get chance, but its certainly going to be a special bass to me!!

Ah! Small world! I'm based in Carleton, behind the CG pub!! Must PM each other mate, i'l try and get along to a gig sometime! Thats really incredible theres fellow BCers so local!! I'l PM you.... ;)

Cheers guys! Pics and a reveal in a day or so when my fingers start bleeding! :P

[quote name='Twenty Six' post='394283' date='Jan 29 2009, 01:50 AM']I hate whole waiting for a new toy to arrive.........

Going through that pain right now waiting for a rare bass to arrive this Saturday.... I actually lose sleep over the waiting for a new bass to arrive.[/quote]
Me too... didn't sleep last night!!! ;)