Old Horse Murphy

My Saxamaphones

I've played Sax on and off since I was about 12. It was always my "proper" musical instrument and was the one I learnt to read music on and learnt musical theory too. I was quite successful, playing in a few bands but had to give up just after university having lost my front teeth playing Rugby and although I always played Bass from about the age of 14, playing the Sax was some thing I really missed (I was always better at it than I was on Bass!)

I had to stop playing Rugby a couple of years ago, so decided to try and re-learn the Sax. I've recently landed a Baritone Sax gig which I'm really enjoying, so I guess I can say I'm half-way back to being a Sax player again.

Anyway, here is my collection: they're all Mauriats (don't remember them existing when I first played) and are super quality and very easy to play.

5238148D-1619-4610-AA54-DE040242E55E.jpeg

77D8633C-5761-4D15-A800-FE7EF157072F.jpeg

• Like 4

Gert Lush! Sax is the one instrument I'm BANNED from taking up. Oddly enough I'm even allowed a banjo if I could ever dare afford one, but sax? NON!

On 07/12/2019 at 21:13, caitlin said:

Gert Lush! Sax is the one instrument I'm BANNED from taking up. Oddly enough I'm even allowed a banjo if I could ever dare afford one, but sax? NON!

Now I recognise West Country dialect when I see it.