Jump to content
nick-harman

Jedson Tele Bass

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

Got it

IMG_20190715_183822.thumb.jpg.2d2ab498767af91633d34640e8c50d17.jpg

That looks in great condition for a bass that’s over 45 years old, nice one 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

That looks in great condition for a bass that’s over 45 years old, nice one 👍

It's not brilliant tbh, one of the bridge height adjusters is partly snapped and partly missing, of the 3 remaining neck screws one has snapped flush with the heel and there are several rounded screw heads.

However, it'll look great on the wall!

Edit - it's also filthy 🤢

Edited by BreadBin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me again, Ive been away

I have to say I like the Jedson's various sounds. It seems very loud to me and playing with the pickup selection gives a range of tones. The tone pot seems mostly bring up a hum (cured if you touch the strings) and more volume

Ive been mucking about playing everything from Cure to U2, Dr Feelgood to Elvis Costello and I now know I like the shortscale fpr playability.

I'd need to play with a guitarist and drummer to discover whether the Jedson's sound is actually okay or just my bias!

N





 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That one at top right. Years ago, I was teaching a kid and he had this particular bass.

 

26.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NikNik said:

That one at top right. Years ago, I was teaching a kid and he had this particular bass.

I’ve never seen one of those for sale, it looks kinda nice 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve never seen one of those for sale, it looks kinda nice 🙂

Looks like Shaftsbury to me. Made in Italy I believe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hooky_lowdown said:

Looks like Shaftsbury to me. Made in Italy I believe.

Ah, ok/.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

That’s groovy, how did it sound 🙂

Pants. It was really a guitar amp. It had  an 8" speaker in the top section and an 8" or 10" elliptical in the bottom. I blew both within three months. The old boy bought it for me as a Chrissy present. He wasn't to know there were bass and guitar amps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Pants. It was really a guitar amp. It had  an 8" speaker in the top section and an 8" or 10" elliptical in the bottom. I blew both within three months. The old boy bought it for me as a Chrissy present. He wasn't to know there were bass and guitar amps.

This was my first amp, about 1977/8 , HH  ic 100 s which I used to play my jedson through in my first reggae band 🙂

513D9C2E-E7B6-498B-A295-48E4FE09FA7B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

This was my first amp, about 1977/8 , HH  ic 100 s which I used to play my jedson through in my first reggae band 🙂

513D9C2E-E7B6-498B-A295-48E4FE09FA7B.jpeg

What a small world. That was my Number 3, after a WEM Dominator. I had the 2 x 15" cab to go with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...