Short scale with Dirty Ash finish.

• Body Wood: Swamp Ash
  • Body Finish: Dirty Ash Satin Lacquer
  • Neck Wood: 3 piece Maple
  • Fingerboard: Wenge
  • Scale: 30.5″
  • Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
  • Pickups: Bridge ACG SB single coil, Neck ACG PB split coil
  • Hardware: ETS tuning unit and bridge, ACG Custom Headpiece (and a spare), Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks, LaBella Nylon wound strings
  • Pre-amp: ACG Passive Plus

ACG 1.jpg

ACG 2.jpg

ACG 3.jpg

ACG 4.jpg

ACG 5.jpg

ACG 6.jpg

Edited by Grantd
  • Like 1

I always think that ACGs resell for a lot less than they should...somebody gets a lot of bass for relatively few pictures of the queen...

GLWTS

• Like 1

It’s in Edinburgh and it came in at 3.4kg with the strap, I’d guess the strap would be about 0.1kg, so likely about 3.3kg.

Love these basses, excellent on the knee or strap.  I have the 32" scale version.

If I could just shift my AER I’d buy this in a heartbeat...

@Grantd

How do tapewounds sound on these basses?  Curious to know as I'm looking for something different to try strings-wise?

Firstly, I am negotiable on price, I have to thin the herd due to relocating. 

@ead the nylons are a bit like flats with less tension, they produce a good fat, warm sound.

6 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Agh! So much want!

That's dangerous talk Ian.

is there one leaving if you tee this up ?

11 hours ago, Black Coffee said:

That's dangerous talk Ian.

is there one leaving if you tee this up ?

Alas it can only be talk at the minute Mike!

As already said, that looks like a superb bass at a very reasonable price.  If I hadn't just bought a Mensinger Cazpar from Polish Basschat member metallum I'd be in there, especially as we're up in Edinburgh next week and the Cazzie is £250 dearer (albeit active with LED fret markers and hard case).  S-s headless basses are obviously like buses - you wait for ages and then two come along.

GLWTS

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dapper Bandit
      Didn't think this one would be going, honestly but here we are:
      A fairly rare Ibanez DWB3 is now up for grabs. I've only seen one 4 and one 5 string version of this pass through this forum which is a mystery as this is a lovely bass. If you like an Ibanez neck then you know what this has to offer, not too thin front to back but has a pleasantly slim nut that encourages you to fly all over the place, should you want to.
      I had the excellent ACG EQ001 fitted by The Gallery in Camden as they certainly know their apples and there really isn't a sound this bass can't pull off!
      Why am I selling then, I hear you cry? I've got too many nice basses and I've got to cull the herd a little bit. I may also come to my senses and pull this in favour of putting something else up!
      Price is collected in Jersey if you fancy a daytrip to enjoy some sun and sea at the same time, postage can be arranged and the included hard case will keep her nice and safe.

• By sbrag
      Set of d'addario elx160m nickel wound, medium guage (50, 70, 85, 105), medium scale strings for sale.
      I bought these by mistake, propper school boy error. Put them on my 34" scale yamaha bb and wondered why I was getting fret buzz then realised they were medium scale so took them off agin. Essentially unused but Cut for a 34 inch bass so will fit a 30 or 32 inch bass comfortably.
      £10

• By Tradfusion
      I bought this very cute little short scale (29") fretless jazz on here earlier this year for using in an acoustic gig that never materialized and since I find myself needing a few bob due to other bass purchases I'm letting it go again. The bass is in great condition, the fretless conversion is excellent with very well fitted maple inserts, there are no dings or dongs and it plays very nicely, weighs only 3kg, balances perfectly and the replacement Alan Entwistle pickups sound great. Currently strung with newish Rotasound black tape wound strings so its got quite a woody bark to it. The original tort pickguard is included with the bass but I think it looks way cooler without it 😀
      Overall if you fancy a nice cheap as chips short scale fretless for gigging or just noodling about on this is ideal... its also ia perfect travel instrument. Not pictured but I have a decent black leatherette gigbag that is fits into pretty snugly though its a tiny bit longer than the bass itself... Any other questions send me a PM... Oh and I'm in Ireland but I have the box and packing that it came to me in from the UK so shipping is fine,  it will probably cost about 20 quid to ship to the UK  🙂
      Body: Alder
      Neck: Maple Neck Profile: 'C
      Neck Lacquer: Matte
      Neck Construction: Bolt-on
      Nut width in mm: 39
      Scale: Shortscale (inch): 29
      Pickups: Alan Entwhistle JBXN
      Hardware: Chrome
      Colour: Sunburst