Short scale with Dirty Ash finish.

• Body Wood: Swamp Ash
  • Body Finish: Dirty Ash Satin Lacquer
  • Neck Wood: 3 piece Maple
  • Fingerboard: Wenge
  • Scale: 30.5″
  • Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
  • Pickups: Bridge ACG SB single coil, Neck ACG PB split coil
  • Hardware: ETS tuning unit and bridge, ACG Custom Headpiece (and a spare), Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks, LaBella Nylon wound strings
  • Pre-amp: ACG Passive Plus

ACG 1.jpg

ACG 2.jpg

ACG 3.jpg

ACG 4.jpg

ACG 5.jpg

ACG 6.jpg

Edited by Grantd
  • Like 1

I always think that ACGs resell for a lot less than they should...somebody gets a lot of bass for relatively few pictures of the queen...

GLWTS

• Like 1

It’s in Edinburgh and it came in at 3.4kg with the strap, I’d guess the strap would be about 0.1kg, so likely about 3.3kg.

Love these basses, excellent on the knee or strap.  I have the 32" scale version.

@Grantd

How do tapewounds sound on these basses?  Curious to know as I'm looking for something different to try strings-wise?

Firstly, I am negotiable on price, I have to thin the herd due to relocating. 

@ead the nylons are a bit like flats with less tension, they produce a good fat, warm sound.

11 hours ago, Black Coffee said:

That's dangerous talk Ian.

is there one leaving if you tee this up ?

Alas it can only be talk at the minute Mike!

As already said, that looks like a superb bass at a very reasonable price.  If I hadn't just bought a Mensinger Cazpar from Polish Basschat member metallum I'd be in there, especially as we're up in Edinburgh next week and the Cazzie is £250 dearer (albeit active with LED fret markers and hard case).  S-s headless basses are obviously like buses - you wait for ages and then two come along.

GLWTS

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hooky_lowdown
      Hofner Shorty (30 inch) in jet black gloss. Basswood body, maple and rosewood neck. High mass bridge. In very good overall condition, a few small dings and scratches commensurate with age. Upgraded Diego soapbar humbucking pickup from Germany. Flatwound strings. Comes with Hofner gig bag.
      £100 + £20 postage to UK Mainland only.

• By Hellzero
      Due to severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) and right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4.5 kilos. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale due the "modification".

LAURUS Quasar SL 190 Grafite 6 Fretless with modified "headstock" thanks to some delicate courier. See below the link with the explanations. Price is set accordingly and even for Pierluigi CAZZOLA (LAURUS owner), it's a nice work that suits the bass.

Straight sale only, no trades at all !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1150 GBP !!! (new price at the time with the original "headstock" was around £4500 GBP...)

In fully working condition and very good overall condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : mahogany body with tonal chambers (the most expensive model)
      Neck : 5 pieces neck through maple and purple heart
      Fingerboard : real graphite (carbon, if you prefer)
      Fretless : 24 positions
      Headstock : headless with massive brass ABM headpiece
      Pickup : Bartolini radiused made to measure for Laurus
      Preamp : Bartolini TCT
      Controls : volume with push-pull for active/passive, bas, mids and treble
      Tuners : at the bridge as it's headless
      Bridge : 2 pieces Laurus
      Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm
      Nut : brass
      Strings spacing at nut : 9.5 mm
      Knobs : original Laurus
      Scale : 34"
      Hardware colour : black with gold headpiece
      Truss rod : 1 (fully working)
      Finish : transparent gloss
      Land of craftsmanship : Italy
      Serial number : QSL0400516
      Year : 2004
      Weight : 4.6 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the C string to 2.5 mm under the B string at the octave (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original normally used Laurus gigbag.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

I'm only selling this Laurus SL 190 Grafite 6 fretless because of my health issues, the modified "headstock" having turned it into a perfectly balanced bass. And it sings wonderfully with loads of mwah and that typical Bartolini fretless sound.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC. It has a new battery and is fitted with a (now) used set of Elixir nickel plated Nanoweb coating strings (32 - 45 - 65 - 80 - 100 - 130), which fit the bass to perfection.

Link to the explanations about the modified "headstock" : 

For those interested, it will come with the remains of the headstock without the headpieces, but wit the Laurus logo.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different angles to see the real very good condition and the usual marks.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By bassmitlinks
      Hi folks,
      i want to sell my Status S2 classic headless bass. It is a real player with an awsome tone. This nice instrument was built in 2002. Of course ist is used and got a few dings and dongs over the years, but nothing serious. There is a chip on the neck which can bother a bit.
      Following the specs:
      S2-Classic
      Headless 4-string, woven graphite through-neck.
      Fretted 34" scale. 19mm string spacing.
      3-piece body with figured Cocobolo facing,
      walnut tone-block and mahogany wings.
      Natural gloss lacquer.
      Status soap-bar pickups.
      3-band EQ with variable frequency midrange.
      Master volume, pickup blend control.
      Mono-rail bridge units.
      Gold hardware.
      I wish you all the best and take care.

• By PKeri
      Hi Guys,

For sale or trade my Shuker Series 2 headless bass with Moses graphite neck (Steinberger replacement). I bought this from a fellow basschatter in September and then sent it to Jon to customize it. He installed an ebony ramp to my specs, replaced the EMG knobs with chrome ones and replaced the headpiece to suit single ball strings.

However a few months ago I bought my first ever Ibanez bass (GWB-1) and realized that this is the sort of neck profile I really want (narrow and very slim neck). This neck would also allow me to play 5 strings which is my genuine preference, so I decided to replace this one with a 5 string fretted Ibanez to accompany my fretless.

Actually the Moses neck is far from chunky and I've found it comfortable to play with my rather small hands.

Condition: 10/10, like new, perfectly set up by Jon + Brand new Elixir strings. The tuners are like butter.

Specs:

- Alder body (not 100% sure)
      - Matt white finish with a shiny texture
      - EMG MMTW pickup
      - 3 way EMG preamp with parametric mids
      - Nut: 39 mm / 24th fret: 57 mm
      - 34” scale Moses graphite neck
      - 16.5 mm string spacing
      -  only 3.5 kg!

Trade/PX for a 5 string Ibanez SR Premium bass (maybe other 5 string with similar specs: max. 16.5 string spacing, max. 45 mm nut, very slim neck, less than 4 kg) + cash my way preferably (maybe your way if reasonable).

UK based sale/trade preferred, but reasonable offers from the EU will be considered. Shipping is not included in the asking price.