Why become a member? ×

Allen_Baker a.k.a 'Chelios'

Beedster

Thanks for the above guys. Allen's been on this site this morning (in fact he was on this thread a few minutes back), so is clearly aware but choosing not to respond.

As several of you are pretty good private eyes, I now have
1. a photo of him (he wouldn't be difficult to identify in a crowd trust me)
2. his address
3. his place of work
4. a list of his upcoming gigs

What am I going to do? Well I'm tempted to phone my mate Rich who's local and is a bit handy, and ask him to go round to have a chat. Am I going to? No, because I'm going to give Allen the chance to do the right thing. If he doesn't I - and BC 's generally - just learn another lesson along the lines of the Jake thing. If this is the case then I've lost £116 but he's lost the goodwill of a significant proportion of the UK bass playing population. I know what I'd rather have
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='345269' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:32 PM']If he doesn't [do the right thing] I - and BC 's generally - just learn another lesson along the lines of the Jake thing. If this is the case then I've lost £116 but he's lost the goodwill of a significant proportion of the UK bass playing population. I know what I'd rather have
Chris[/quote]

Unless there was a twist in the tale that I missed, didn't the Jake thing end up with the right thing being done and no-one losing any cash?

[quote name='MythSte' post='345274' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:35 PM']Kudos to you Beedster.

Come on allen, play the game - No one on here deserves to be treated like this - let alone our long serving Beedster! He was just trying to kick start spending to sort this recession business out![/quote]

I'd say just pm him a link to the last infamous thread and say be forwarned, see what happens

[quote name='bremen' post='345280' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:37 PM']Unless there was a twist in the tale that I missed, didn't the Jake thing end up with the right thing being done and no-one losing any cash?[/quote]

Hmmm Sort of but we are still waiting for Jake to offer to pay back the shipping costs as far as I am aware. Even if he is skint he could pay back a fiver a week. Anyway thats a seperate issue...

[quote name='Beedster' post='345269' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:32 PM']Thanks for the above guys. Allen's been on this site this morning (in fact he was on this thread a few minutes back), so is clearly aware but choosing not to respond.

As several of you are pretty good private eyes, I now have
1. a photo of him (he wouldn't be difficult to identify in a crowd trust me)
2. his address
3. his place of work
4. a list of his upcoming gigs

What am I going to do? Well I'm tempted to phone my mate Rich who's local and is a bit handy, and ask him to go round to have a chat. Am I going to? No, because I'm going to give Allen the chance to do the right thing. If he doesn't I - and BC 's generally - just learn another lesson along the lines of the Jake thing. If this is the case then I've lost £116 but he's lost the goodwill of a significant proportion of the UK bass playing population. I know what I'd rather have
Chris[/quote]
You could also try the small claims court now you have an address -- it costs around £30, I think, and you don't need a lawyer. If the case goes in your favour but he still refuses to pay, the court can send round a debt collection agent at his expense.

You have PM.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='misrule' post='345296' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:44 PM']You could also try the small claims court now you have an address -- it costs around £30, I think, and you don't need a lawyer. If the case goes in your favour but he still refuses to pay, the court can send round a debt collection agent at his expense.

You have PM.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

No you can't you have to pay the court bailiffs to go round and they are useless.

Allen has just PM'd me and said that if I take it to a tech he will pay for the repair. I've told him that this would require me to trust him and I am not in a position to do so following his earlier responses (and the fact that, like Jake's, this is a bit of a rearguard action). As I pointed out, I could end up with a £45 bill for the diagnostic process and still no amp or refund.
Probably best to leave this be now. All that needs to be said has been said.
Chris

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='345317' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:57 PM']No you can't you have to pay the court bailiffs to go round and they are useless.[/quote]
A mate of mine recovered the money he was owed plus costs through the bailiffs when he sued a garage -- it worked very well.

I hope things work out for you, Beedster.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Beedster' post='345318' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:58 PM']Allen has just PM'd me and said that if I take it to a tech he will pay for the repair. I've told him that this would require me to trust him and I am not in a position to do so following his earlier responses (and the fact that, like Jake's, this is a bit of a rearguard action). As I pointed out, I could end up with a £45 bill for the diagnostic process and still no amp or refund.
Probably best to leave this be now. All that needs to be said has been said.
Chris[/quote]

Hey Allen, rather than do that and expect Beedster to trust you AGAIN... how about you just refund him the cost of the whole item + postage?!? If you want it back then you can pay the return postage too.... :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='346036' date='Dec 5 2008, 01:04 AM']I have a feeling the same thing has happened to me with a newbie can't be 100% sure yet but will soon.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that mate (by the way, I used to live about 50 feet from the Beer Cart Arms - hope the gig went well)

I've had some very kind people PM me on this offering help in getting the amp assessed/fixed, which I guess backs up my point about goodwill being worth a whole lot more than £116.99. I'm going to give Allen a couple more days then I'll probably decide what to do with it.
Thanks all
Chris

With regards to who is reponsible for ensuring an item is delivered safely and dealing with the repercussions of an item being damaged in transit, it is the seller.Most couriers won't deal with the recipient.

So, if the item was indeed damaged in transit, it is seller's reponsiblity to refund the money and pursue a claim against the courier.

BCers

I'm still hoping Allen is going to do the right thing, especially as he states on his myspace that he's earning lots of cash at present (and also because my tech won't be able to look at the amp in question until after Xmas)!

Allen, I've just checked your profile and seen that you're still logging on to BC regularly. So, if you're going to use the site, play by the rules mate, even if they're unwritten

Chris

[quote name='bassbloke' post='349972' date='Dec 9 2008, 05:28 PM']I vote we have a whip round and stump up the cash for a return ticket to glasgow and a cricket bat for Beedster.[/quote]

:)

Now that’s something I’d consider donating towards :huh:

this kind of shady activity really pisses me off! gives us up here a bad name!

there is decent poster here from, Aberdeen, Ayr, Dundee, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc. in future folks if you buy anything up here maybe worth getting in touch to see if any of us can pick-up, check or even contact the seller.

andy

Thanks for the posts above guys. I thought A_B would have come good by now. He hasn't and I'm not so well disposed towards him as I was last week when I said I would back off. Anyone who's out there and a member on TB feel free to post something there on my behalf.
Chris

Allen_Baker posted the below on the Warwick forum a few days back re the Jake situation:

"The whole situation stinks, I hope that the bass gets there and you enjoy it mate, shame on you jake, SHAME!"

Amazing, absolutely amazing

Again, if you're a Warwick Forum member, feel free to leave a response on my behalf :)