Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones 4 Black/Black/Maple

niceguyhomer

I've had this bass longer than any other but since I've discovered the love that is Spector, it never gets picked up. It's in excellent condition, it has Aero pups and a brand new set of DR Sunbeams on it.

It comes with the black Jeannie's p/g and the new/unused black cherry tort you can see in the pictures (cost nearly £70) - I'll throw in the original white one too. It is fitted with Dunlop strap buttons and if you don't have any, I'll give you the stuff for your strap. Please note that it DOES NOT have a J Retro fitted anymore as shown - it's now in its original state and passive. I can't be arsed taking new pics but if you really need some I'll begrudgingly dig the camera out.

Will sell for £575 (no offers) or trade for something active and interesting with 5 strings - maybe 6 if I'm feeling saucy (+/- cash adjustment). Would prefer not so ship (but will at your expense) - prepared to meet within an hour's drive of Preston. Any questions PM me.

Edited by niceguyhomer

Absolute bargain! I've got two of these and they are gems. I'm still toying with getting one and routing it for a P/MM pickup config but my shrink says I need more medication before I can commit to a third DJ :)

Edited by Sean

QUOTE (niceguyhomer @ Nov 30 2008, 12:52 PM)
[i]...since I've discovered the love that is Spector, it never gets picked up.[/i]

[quote name='johnnylager' post='341618' date='Dec 1 2008, 06:46 AM']I now have this problem![/quote]

Ah, You now understand [i]my[/i] pain.... :huh: :)

[quote name='Sean' post='341627' date='Dec 1 2008, 07:46 AM']Absolute bargain! I've got two of these and they are gems. I'm still toying with getting one and routing it for a P/MM pickup config but my shrink says I need more medication before I can commit to a third DJ :)[/quote]

Could this be easily routed for a PJ configuration? if so I may be very very very tempted.

[quote name='markbass555' post='341870' date='Dec 1 2008, 01:28 PM']Could this be easily routed for a PJ configuration? if so I may be very very very tempted.[/quote]
im not sure if you would have to get a different pickguard as it doesnt look like theres enough room in the normal p position, plus the routing would be messy, i dont think iv ever seen a jazz modded to a p/j before

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='341914' date='Dec 1 2008, 02:03 PM']It would have to be very interesting and better than the DJ.[/quote]

A Musicman Stingray double pickup? HS configuration, black and maple fingerboard?

:)

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='markbass555' post='341870' date='Dec 1 2008, 01:28 PM']Could this be easily routed for a PJ configuration? if so I may be very very very tempted.[/quote]

I've seriously looked into this as one of my perverted long term aims is to have DJs with all sorts of pup configs. Sick to some but it makes perfect sense to me.

You would need to get someone good to route the P shape in it and get hold of another pickguard from Jeannie's (best place) which was blank and let the people who do the routing cut that for you.

The biggest issue with doing the PJ config for me is that P and J pups differ vastly in output; you need to check impedance and try to get a good match otherwise you can end up with what is just a "coloured" P sound with teh J pup dialled in. I've had a few PJs and none of them did the trick fully but the nearest was the PJ configured Aerodyne with Fralins I had.

I would get a Lakland VP or an Aero Pe4 for the P pup and leave the Aero J bridge pup in to start with and see how that went. If you felt the J needed a bit more, I'd go with the Aero PJ, which is a P pup in a J config. Confused? I know I am.

I think OBBM has had a Lakland routed to take a P from a Darkstar, maybe he'll chime in with some wisdom.

Edited by Sean