Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones 4 Black/Black/Maple

niceguyhomer

[quote name='PauBass' post='342028' date='Dec 1 2008, 04:28 PM']A Musicman Stingray double pickup? HS configuration, black and maple fingerboard[/quote]

N[i]iiiii[/i]ce.

Wish I had some cash, I'd have that off you myself.

Good luck with the Sale Al, top quality bass this from a top quality chap, buy with confidence.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='344465' date='Dec 3 2008, 06:05 PM']Hey Russ - howzit hangin'? I still owe you some money or a pedal mate - haven't forgotten. :)[/quote]

Gah forget it mate. If you still want the pedal get me a couple of pints next time I see you.

[quote]I think OBBM has had a Lakland routed to take a P from a Darkstar, maybe he'll chime in with some wisdom.[/quote]

I think that was a Duck Dunn originally with the Darkstar. I now have that very DS in my Warmoth and I think that Dave went back to a P pup (Wizard?)

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='344698' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:26 PM']I think that was a Duck Dunn originally with the Darkstar. I now have that very DS in my Warmoth and I think that Dave went back to a P pup (Wizard?)[/quote]

Seem to have missed this comment.

My DD came from the USA with a Dark Star in it. It was factory fitted as the routing was for the DS and there was no evidence of a P-pick-up being fitted. I subsequently bought a Lindy Fralin P/J set and had the Gallery route out for the J pick-up. It has a pair of stack-knob controls and is a delight to play. Sounds pretty good too.