Why become a member? ×

How do you do a Status Update?

ead

Click your profile name in top right corner, select profile from drop down menu. Type your update in the wee box labelled "write a public message on your own feed...", Simples! At least that's how I do it...

Click on your 'zone' at the top right hand corner, go to Profile, and you should see your 'Feed' where you can type a status update.

If it's not there, then you have disabled the feature under Options and will need to re-enable it.

3 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

More importantly how do I get rid of the whole Status Update and other columns on the right? 

They have nothing of interest to me in them and they take up valuable screen real-estate.

The old version of the forum used to allow this.

You can't I'm afraid

On a PC browser, if you keep 'CTRL' pressed down and then press '+' repeatedly, the font size of the text on the entire page will increase. Once the main area of this site is large enough, the right-hand column will be moved to the bottom, after all the forums and subsections, and you can ignore it more easily. That's similar to the mobile phone look.

That obviously assumes you don't mind reading really large type on your screen! :)

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

52 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

On a PC browser, if you keep 'CTRL' pressed down and then press '+' repeatedly, the font size of the text on the entire page will increase. Once the main area of this site is large enough, the right-hand column will be moved to the bottom, after all the forums and subsections, and you can ignore it more easily. That's similar to the mobile phone look.

That obviously assumes you don't mind reading really large type on your screen! :)

This would have been the ideal solution, but unfortunately it is not similar to the mobile look, but exactly the same as the mobile look, which while removing the unwanted right hand columns also removes a lot of navigation features that I find useful such as the breadcrumb trails.

3 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Click your profile name in top right corner, select profile from drop down menu. Type your update in the wee box labelled "write a public message on your own feed...", Simples! At least that's how I do it...

3 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Click on your 'zone' at the top right hand corner, go to Profile, and you should see your 'Feed' where you can type a status update.

If it's not there, then you have disabled the feature under Options and will need to re-enable it.

Now I can get back on the site during lunchtime, (apparently visiting a forum doesn't count as work - who knew) I'm still in the dark.  I can't see a box that says "write a public message...", neither can I see an Options menu that allows it to be enabled (were it disabled in the first place).

9 minutes ago, ead said:

Now I can get back on the site during lunchtime, (apparently visiting a forum doesn't count as work - who knew) I'm still in the dark.  I can't see a box that says "write a public message...", neither can I see an Options menu that allows it to be enabled (were it disabled in the first place).

Try now

It's really not!  :ph34r:

I've posted in "Wanted" as I was after a Fender BBOT bridge saddle screw and spring as I've mislaid one when I dismantled an cleaned up an old bridge.  I though a status thingy might attract a wider audience.

3 minutes ago, ped said:

Try again now lol (sorry did it wrong before)

Great thanks Ped.  I was seriously beginning to doubt my pretty slender grasp on reality for a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigwan said:

I cannot see the write a public message on your own feed... box either..?

On 29/06/2018 at 10:53, Bassassin said:

I'm frankly amazed to find myself to be the only person to make a helpful suggestion such as:

Sell your old S2000, buy a Streamline.

/Coat.

I only viewed this thread to make a similar joke, you beat me to it :)