Why become a member? ×

Crowdfunding page to recover Funkshui's and my losses after being scammed

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to donate to this crowd funding page, its a long story but myself and Funkshui have been done over by a prolific scammer. I ended up buying Funkshui's stolen bass from the scammer without any knowledge it had been stolen. All details of what we and other Basschat members have suggested are on the original posts and on the Crowdfunding page, if anyone would like to make a donation towards getting Funkshui's money back it would be appreciated. Basschat members suggested we create a page to cover Funkshui's losses and in turn this would allow me to keep the bass or sell it on as I was planning to do as I discovered me and 5 strings dont get on well.
Originally Funkshui the legend that he is , suggested we sell the bass and we take the hit between us, but this seemed the way forward when suggested by other members. We cant thank our fellow Basschatters enough,

Thank you from myself and Funkshui

This is the link to the Crowdfunder page, click here to donate to the cause.......

Full original post here,

Edited by Stephen Houghton

Done, and very glad to get behind this.

Anyone who behaves like this scammer should be nailed (and as I understand the story SH provided the key evidence that nailed him).

And anyone in our BC community, I hope, will get this kind of support. I'm only responding to the support I've had.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, TorturedSaints said:

Done.

Is it worth posting a link to the page here rather than the original post?  

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/musician-scammed-out-of-valuable-instrument/?

Ralph

Good idea I thought I had, thanks for the reminder :D

Edited by Stephen Houghton
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, josie said:

Done, and very glad to get behind this.

Anyone who behaves like this scammer should be nailed (and as I understand the story SH provided the key evidence that nailed him).

And anyone in our BC community, I hope, will get this kind of support. I'm only responding to the support I've had.

Hi

I answer to your post, this is all happening now so we havent been to court yet, but we will be doing, the CID and Fraud Squad are on it and we should get a great outcome at the end of this. The scammer involved has done loads of people for thousands of pounds but is a bit thick, so it was easy for us to find out who he really was and his big mistake was meeting me face to face to sell the bass, I can connect him directly to it.
Cheers everyone this is working well and myself and Funkshui cant believe how cool everyone is being about this and helping us out, really appreciate every single donation to the cause.

Thanks again,

Stephen and Funkshui

1 hour ago, discreet said:

If he does time, that won't be necessary.

Perhaps we ought to have an unofficial contest to come up with the most appropriate punishment for the miscreant? Or would that be slightly too much in the way of vicarious dark thoughts?

I was thinking he could be chained to the front of a massive TE rig, and forced to listen to the Oasis back catalogue at full volume.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FuNkShUi said:

Honestly, didn't expect any of this, as i've said on the other thread i initially started, just to warn people of the fact there was a scammer out there.
Great community here.
Thank you so much

I second the sentiment, we cant believe how well this is doing in such a short time, nice one peeps :drinks:

5 minutes ago, discreet said:

Wow. I'm glad you don't work for the Crown Prosecution Service. O.o

He should think himself lucky he didn't go on a killing spree or it'd have been the Beatles for all eternity.

• Haha 1