Why become a member? ×

New Yamaha JP?

AndyTravis

Mr Pattituci seems to be gigging another new bass...

I liked the look of the big jazzbox looking thing he was playing (like the Thundercat bass but a Yamaha) but that doesn’t seem to be for general consumption.

This one looks like a TRBX but is semi hollow. It’s on the border of looking like an eBay special, but I like it.

C20228A2-D4E4-462E-8889-27B0F54D4DDA.jpeg

11421B1D-5443-4D64-8356-262A085BF9E4.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

He is playing that "new" model for more than two years now...

Definitely not this model! Check the closer pickup spacing as well as cutaways. 

Really liking this, would love it released as a signature model. Looks a little more feasible to make than the arch-top-style semi-hollow he’s been using the last few years. 

On 07/12/2017 at 23:03, AndyTravis said:

It would most likely be frustratingly expensive though ?

Just trying to get hold one would be bad enough. I'd expect an RRP of close to £4000, if not a bit more once you factor in the gouging costs UK businesses tend to impose. 

It looks nice enough though, certainly better than that godawful semi-hollow box bass that he was using a few months ago (a bit like that Ibanez Thundercat bass, another monstrosity). That thing was as ugly as sin and sounded rubbish too.