Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2018!! 08/04/2018

scrumpymike

20 minutes ago, JapanAxe said:

Sadly a GAS-fuelled guitar-buying trip has morphed into a family visit and a shop-a-thon for Mrs Axe, so I'm afraid I'm out :( 

I'll still be buying at least one geetar though! :)

Drop her off at Cribbs Causeway and come on down to the Bash xD

11 hours ago, Norm said:

What a handsome beast!

Bloke playing it aint too shabby either! :)

Looking forward to seeing & playing Jabba's latest creations on Sunday. That fretless & the 5'er were ace!

I'm hoping to play the 'shortie'.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 22:27, scrumpymike said:

Judging from the popularity of the HPF topic we've had running for a while, that should attract some interest.  Must admit I was leaning in that direction til I got my Mesa Subway 800 with high-pass filtration designed in.

In That case I'll bring my FDeck HPF preamp and my Fishman Platimun Pro Analogue preamp.

I'll be coming to the bash with my wife and kids as I did last year. My wife drops me off with the kit then takes the kids to the coast. We've changed car since last year (had a Zafira then, which you can fits loads into) so I've just tried to see what I can get in the boot of the new car. Bit disappointing as I can't get everything I wanted to bring in it.

UBd886l.jpg

But then I had an idea. It's only about 90 mins from home so this should work for that short time as I can fit more kit on the back seats.

B0ereGS.jpg

Problem solved. See you Sunday!

Edited by Jabba_the_gut
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

I'll be coming to the bash with my wife and kids as I did last year. My wife drops me off with the kit then takes the kids to the coast. We've changed car since last year (had a Zafira then, which you can fits loads into) so I've just tried to see what I can get in the boot of the new car. Bit disappointing as I can't get everything I wanted to bring in it.

UBd886l.jpg

But then I had an idea. It's only about 90 mins from home so this should work for that short time as I can fit more kit on the back seats.

B0ereGS.jpg

Just remove the hazard triangle and its case, you'll get another shortscale in then...

3 hours ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

B0ereGS.jpg

Hey Jabba, what about a roof-rack?  I'm sure the kids would be more comfortable up there :biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scrumpymike said:

Hey Jabba, what about a roof-rack?  I'm sure the kids would be more comfortable up there :biggrin:

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

or if its raining, a roof box for them?

That's what I love with Basschat - when you have a problem, people will help you find a practical solution!!

CALL FOR MAINS EXTENSION CABLES/REELS!!

Could anybody who has mains extensions of whatever length/kind please chuck one (or even two) in the back of your car before you head off to the Bash on Sunday - even if you don't need them for yourself.  I know it sounds a bit like overkill, but the last thing we want is for the event to be compromised for lack of power in the right places.  If you're not using them, just leave them in the car and we'll shout out if we're running short.

http://0175westwood29_Mo_Jo_Ke_Rich.jpg