Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2018!! 08/04/2018

scrumpymike

OK, so here's a final run-through of the important stuff:

The BIG FAT South-West Bass Bash

is happening TOMORROW, Sunday 8th, from 10am-4pm

in the Memorial Hall, Cheddon Fitzpaine, nr Taunton TA2 8JY

The hall is about a mile out of Cheddon Village a few hundred metres from the school on the edge of a small hamlet called Rowford.  The safest way is to follow your satnav.  If you don't have one, the easiest way out of Taunton is: head up Station Road towards the railway station, which will be on your right just after you pass under the 2 bridges.  At the T-junction with traffic lights at the top of the hill, turn right but immediately keep left and turn left at the next traffic lights.  You're now on Cheddon Road, which will take you all the way to the village hall entrance on your right (just past the school on the left) after a couple of miles.  The entrance is at the junction pictured below.  NOTE: Taking this route out of Taunton doesn't take you through Cheddon village itself.   In case of need, my mobile number is 07770 946135

http://IMG_5126.jpg

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 1

...and a couple of other random bits & pieces:

BRING CASH if you think you're going to need any, as the nearest ATM is a mile away at the Co-Op.

You should also consider stands/straps for any guitars you're bringing, ear plugs (just mentioning with my organiser's H&S hat on - should not be needed as I'll intervene to prevent any dangerous noise levels), headphones/speakerless systems for your use in the Quiet Room (or to turn the 'noisy room' quiet).

• Like 2

WANTED - VIDEO CAMERA WITH OPERATOR!

After a good think and a practice run yesterday, our Phil has decided to go for a 12" cab build at tomorrow's Bash.  Is anybody willing/able to video the process so it can be put on YouTube and submitted to the Guiness Book of Records for consideration?  :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

WANTED - VIDEO CAMERA WITH OPERATOR!

After a good think and a practice run yesterday, our Phil has decided to go for a 12" cab build at tomorrow's Bash.  Is anybody willing/able to video the process so it can be put on YouTube and submitted to the Guiness Book of Records for consideration?  :biggrin:

Thanks Mike ;)

sorry about the late notice, some of you will have seen me promise this on another thread over in  Amps and Speakers. The problem was we got booked for a gig and I didn't think I could make the bash, then our guitarist had a medical problem so we cancelled the gig at the last minute.

I'm going to attempt a basic build of a 1x12 cab up to initial testing as a demo of how easy it is to construct your own speaker.  What I'm after is a continuous video of the whole build. I can bring a tripod so the camera can just be set up to run or someone keen would be welcome to be more artistic if they prefer. I'm hoping to do the whole build inside an hour but I've never done this in front of anybody before so it'll be interesting to see how quickly it can be put together, I'll try and answer any questions as I go.  I'd be really grateful if someone could help out for an hour.

Phil

1 hour ago, Phil Starr said:

I'm going to attempt a basic build of a 1x12 cab up to initial testing as a demo of how easy it is to construct your own speaker.  What I'm after is a continuous video of the whole build. I can bring a tripod so the camera can just be set up to run or someone keen would be welcome to be more artistic if they prefer. I'm hoping to do the whole build inside an hour but I've never done this in front of anybody before so it'll be interesting to see how quickly it can be put together, I'll try and answer any questions as I go.  I'd be really grateful if someone could help out for an hour.

I have my gig filming camera, one of those Zoom Q2H thingys, HD, can stick it on a stand or tripod and it will run and record for a couple of hours before the batteries run out if that helps?

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

I have my gig filming camera, one of those Zoom Q2H thingys, HD, can stick it on a stand or tripod and it will run and record for a couple of hours before the batteries run out if that helps?

Scrumpy Janey says she will operate/mind the camera in between her stills photographic duties - provided she gets a quick explanation of which buttons to press.  Does it come with a tripod?  If not I'll bring mine.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

I can bring a tripod, normally I just use a clamp to clamp it to something such as a table or bar.

Controls are a start button basically, there isn't much else!

OK, I'll shove my tripod in the car too just in case.

Hi all , just home from the awesome South West bass bash.

A big thanks to scrumpymike for another great bash but special thank you  to Mrs scrumpy and her crew for the amazing food and endless tea and coffee.

It was great seeing old faces and new and enjoying playing with so many beautiful instruments, it was also nice to hear my old kingbass get a workout.

Cheers 

Jim.

• Thanks 1