Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker Singlecut 6 fanned fret

peted

• 1 month later...

Spoke to Jon Saturday morning. He was very apologetic about the build taking as long as it has. The bass intonates fine and Jon says that he only has about a week of work left on it. I've let him know that I'll be travelling up North to see my brother in Middlesborough at the end of March and it would be nice if I could pick my bass up then. He said that it should be ready and settled by then. :) :rolleyes: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='752405' date='Feb 21 2010, 12:18 AM']any news from the man? :)[/quote]
None yet. Will call him again on Wednesday to make sure we're still on track to allow me to pick it up at the end of March when I'm passing through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Popped into Jon's workshop for 5 minutes this afternoon on my way back down from Teeside to check out my bass in person. When I contacted Jon a month ago to let him know i'd be in the area he said he would have my bass finished by then but unfortunately it seems that other things have got in the way. I did manage to take some photos while I was there. The bass feels lovely to handle, rock solid build, and is much thinner and lighter than I'd originally expected. Jon still believes there's about a week of work left in it and I've asked him to let me know when it's finished so I can book leave from work to come and pick it up.

[attachment=45388:SNC12538.JPG]
[attachment=45389:SNC12539.JPG]
[attachment=45390:SNC12540.JPG]
[attachment=45391:SNC12541.JPG]
[attachment=45392:SNC12542.JPG]
[attachment=45393:SNC12543.JPG]

[quote name='Ant' post='782888' date='Mar 22 2010, 10:49 PM']see any black 4 string basses up there?[/quote]

[quote name='Finbar' post='782958' date='Mar 22 2010, 11:52 PM']I'm gonna ask the same question - I'm waiting on a JJ at the moment![/quote]
There weren't many completed or near-completed basses there at all. Saw a few from the 'stock' page, the Jaffa orange Jazz, and the Explorer-shape bass, but other than that there just seemed to be guitar necks everywhere! I was hoping to have a noodle on a few Shuker basses but I had my family in tow and I could only see a couple of basses that had strings on them.

[quote name='peted' post='783035' date='Mar 23 2010, 06:40 AM']Jaffa orange Jazz[/quote]

How was that going? He said early last week he had done quite a bit and would send a picture (but didn't).

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='783221' date='Mar 23 2010, 11:35 AM']How was that going? He said early last week he had done quite a bit and would send a picture (but didn't).[/quote]
Wanted to have a look at yours to check out the colour. I can't remember specifics like whether all the hardware was there, but it didn't have any strings on it and I thought it was pretty much finished otherwise. I can't imagine you've got very long to wait at all, it was certainly closer to completion than my own.

[quote name='steve' post='783256' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:01 PM']Nearly done mate, as Eude says, hang in there[/quote]
If I don't hear that it's finished by the end of April I'll be setting a deadline for completion. I don't want this bass rushed out of the door at the last minute, but I feel I've lost leverage since it's mostly paid for now.