Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker Singlecut 6 fanned fret

peted

[quote name='peted' post='887814' date='Jul 6 2010, 09:34 PM']Here's a quick one. The bass is awesome and I am now VERY tired. Good night all :)

[attachment=53717:SNC12693.JPG][/quote]

nomm nomm nomm!!! Now there's a face made up of pure joy!!!

[quote name='aonindy' post='875849' date='Jun 23 2010, 09:19 PM']Any update on your saga? .... I'm about to pull the trigger on a Shuker and this
does not exactly inspire confidance .... I was also talking to Alan in ACG and at
least he has been upfront and told people he is swamped and holding back on taking
new orders until existing ones are taken care of .... Hope to read good news from
you soon![/quote]

As has been said many times on this forum, with any custom the time they say it will take to build is best doubled to avoid disappointment and frustration.
Jon is always "ambitious" about how fast he can build them.
Just don't make the mistake of discounting Jon for your bass because of this one small thing.
Once the end result is in your hands all that becomes irrelevant.

Still playing :) Will take some more photos when I've had a chance to polish all my grubby finger prints off of it :rolleyes:

Sounds clips will be a little longer as I'm still getting used to the extra strings and I don't want my poor playing to reflect badly on such a quality bass.

Mobile has been the most successful way for me to get in direct communication. He might have taken that holiday to France which he's been putting off for the last couple of months?

Edit: I didn't actually see your orange jazz there when I picked mine up and assumed that it had been finished and you've got it. Is that not the case?

Edited by peted

Nope! Not even received the receipt for the deposit 9 months on, let alone the bass.

Edit - tried again, got hold of him! He is waiting for a new pickup from Delano, one had a problem.

Edited by thedontcarebear

[quote name='Pete1967' post='900606' date='Jul 20 2010, 11:26 PM']Nice one - you've made it to the front page of Jon's website! Looks stunning!

I take it your fingers are bleeding by now...

P[/quote]

Beat me too it mate, just came here to share the same news :)

Ooh, awesome-o :)

Jon did mention that he was thinking about front-paging it when I came to pick it up, but was convinced that he says that to everyone :rolleyes: I actually told him that I thought my bass looked a bit bland for the front page and that some of the grain-fill finishes he is doing right now would look a lot better. I'm still chuffed none-the-less!

[quote name='peted' post='900706' date='Jul 21 2010, 08:29 AM']Ooh, awesome-o :rolleyes:

Jon did mention that he was thinking about front-paging it when I came to pick it up, but was convinced that he says that to everyone :lol: I actually told him that I thought my bass looked a bit bland for the front page and that some of the grain-fill finishes he is doing right now would look a lot better. I'm still chuffed none-the-less![/quote]

Bland...! :) I think not.... :lol:

[quote name='peted' post='900706' date='Jul 21 2010, 08:29 AM']Jon did mention that he was thinking about front-paging it when I came to pick it up, but was convinced that he says that to everyone :rolleyes: I actually told him that I thought my bass looked a bit bland for the front page and that some of the grain-fill finishes he is doing right now would look a lot better. I'm still chuffed none-the-less![/quote]

You;ve knocked mine off the front page ! :) It's definitely worthy of the front page spot, very nice.

Congratulations Pete. I'm glad it has finally arrived. You look chuffed to bits in the picture :)

And it's position on Jon's front page is well deserved...Another stunning example of his work and he is clearly well pleased too!

T