Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 500 speaker blown

PaulWarning

Took my Rumble in for repair suspecting a blown speaker(s) the guy told me Fender had loads of these back and had stopped using the Chinese made ones, the thing is I've got extended 5 year warranty on it but assumed Fender wouldn't replace the speakers under warranty, now I'm beginning to think it might be worth the £10 postage to send it back, anybody else had experience with dodgy Rumble speakers?

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1502374769' post='3351054']
This is V3? How old is it? No problems with mine but I don't push it.....maybe I'll look to see what speakers are in it.
[/quote]2014 bought it second hand, had a look at the speakers not much info apart from made in China, Eminence 16 Ohm and some numbers which don't seem to be part numbers, I don't think they're Neo's

Edited by PaulWarning

Not sure why Paul has not considered contacting Fender, given a similar thread and scenario a few weeks ago with a different Fender Amp.....has to be worth a shot, it will cost you an email/phone call!!! Oh, and the other amp was s/h too and Fender replaced it.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1502386883' post='3351165']
Not sure why Paul has not considered contacting Fender, given a similar thread and scenario a few weeks ago with a different Fender Amp.....has to be worth a shot, it will cost you an email/phone call!!! Oh, and the other amp was s/h too and Fender replaced it.
[/quote]I've got extended warranty from Gear4music, contacted them and they said send it back but it cost £10 and I haven't got the original packaging, wanted to find out if it was worth a punt before I did that, my thinking was that Fender wouldn't replace speakers just say I had abused it, can you post a link to that thread please?

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1502388295' post='3351174']
I've got extended warranty from Gear4music, contacted them and they said send it back but it cost £10 and I haven't got the original packaging, wanted to find out if it was worth a punt before I did that, my thinking was that Fender wouldn't replace speakers just say I had abused it, can you post a link to that thread please?
[/quote]

Just get it in writing that they'll change the speaker. I doubt they'd be sending it to Fender to do if it's their own warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassjon' timestamp='1503863654' post='3361239']
Are Rumble amps any good ? I need to replace my Ashdown 250w 4 x 10 combo (not sure of the model) and am thinking one of these as they are lightweight and sound like they might be good for a metal band
[/quote]

I certainly love mine and the overdrive is pretty good too. There again, ask any opinion on BC and you'll get polar opposite replies a-plenty :) I'm sure one will be along in a few minutes...

Edited by Norris

[quote name='Bassjon' timestamp='1503863654' post='3361239']
Are Rumble amps any good ? I need to replace my Ashdown 250w 4 x 10 combo (not sure of the model) and am thinking one of these as they are lightweight and sound like they might be good for a metal band
[/quote]

For what it's worth mine sounded great and I had no issues with it. However I've never been in a metal band, so can't advise on its suitability (or otherwise) for that genre. It certainly is very loud for a 350W combo (without extension cab).

My rumble 100 just stopped working one day, the light for the drive/level knob was continually flashing but no signal coming out at all, less than a year old. Took it back and it was replaced but never got feedback as to what the fault actually was. I've only used the replacement as a bedroom practice amp at low level, I don't think the 100 is really up to serious gigging.

[u]Update[/u],
sent the Rumble back to Gear4music, didn't get charged the tenner for sending it back, got it returned about a fortnight later with no communication at all, tried it out at practice and it sounds fine, so thumbs up for their repairs and commitment to the extended warranty but 0 out of 10 for communication, a result all the same.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1503951794' post='3361824']
My rumble 100 just stopped working one day, the light for the drive/level knob was continually flashing but no signal coming out at all, less than a year old. Took it back and it was replaced but never got feedback as to what the fault actually was. I've only used the replacement as a bedroom practice amp at low level, I don't think the 100 is really up to serious gigging.
[/quote]
I played on the same bill as a guy using the 100 w one and it sounded really good. Gig- worthy, I would say for sure, though everything was going through a decent p.a. I could hear the sound from it coming off the stage.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Killed_by_Death' timestamp='1504562856' post='3365772']
I've got a little Rumble that I use for bass as well as guitar. The gain & overdrive are actually hot enough to pull off pinch harmonics.
I think if the speaker blew I'd just buy a better Eminence driver for it.

Right now I'm realizing why I should have kept the original packaging :blush:
[/quote]

that sucks mate. in the end i went to guitarguitar and got myself a markbass head and hartke 4 x 10 cab for under £500. beat that!!

[quote name='Bassjon' timestamp='1506408364' post='3378435']
that sucks mate. in the end i went to guitarguitar and got myself a markbass head and hartke 4 x 10 cab for under £500. beat that!!
[/quote]

I rock a MarkBass head and two Hartke 210s, great rig for around a grand . (I'm in Oz,everything is double your price :( )