Why become a member? ×

Fecker Jizz Bass

Dubs

saw this and laughed - [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JIZZ-BASS-DECAL-FUN-LOGO-FOR-YOUR-PROJECT-NECK_W0QQitemZ120322952147QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120322952147&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JIZZ-BASS-DECAL-FUN-...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

Here's my one..... and a sneak preview of my hand built J project. The Jizz decal is on a neck I defretted but I'm now fitting a beautiful burred fretted one to the new build so I don't know what I'll do with it.
[attachment=15134:jizz_head.jpg]
Neepheid emailed the guy and got him to make a [b]Fender Imprecision[/b] decal for his P project. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='313417' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:03 PM']Neepheid emailed the guy and got him to make a [b]Fender Imprecision[/b] decal for his P project. :huh:[/quote]

So I did :)

Cool guy, turned it round real quick for a custom job, was very happy with the quality of the decal.

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='313508' date='Oct 24 2008, 07:34 AM']sadly, I would get some serious "care bear stares" if I were to turn up to play in church with that on my headstock...[/quote]

:) it would be funny though...for about 20 seconds

[quote name='bigjohn' post='313795' date='Oct 24 2008, 01:55 PM']Any of you lads got any handy tips for applying these decals?

You all seem to have done pretty good jobs![/quote]
Just follow the instructions to the letter. And to get the finish totally flush be prepared to put on layer after layer of lacquer and sand it all back again being careful not to cut into your decal. So basically you are building up the layers around the decal to bring it up to the same height. It's a lot of work and time (I put 2 coats on with a 1hr gap and leave to go off for 24hrs - I lost count of how many times I did it - somewhere between 10-15) but it's really worth it in the end.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='313830' date='Oct 24 2008, 02:21 PM']Just follow the instructions to the letter. And to get the finish totally flush be prepared to put on layer after layer of lacquer and sand it all back again being careful not to cut into your decal. So basically you are building up the layers around the decal to bring it up to the same height. It's a lot of work and time (I put 2 coats on with a 1hr gap and leave to go off for 24hrs - I lost count of how many times I did it - somewhere between 10-15) but it's really worth it in the end.[/quote]

Aye, ok... A need for patience!

Did you use liquid lacquer?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BITZER-PARTSOCASTER-DECAL-FUN-LOGO-FOR-PROJECT_W0QQitemZ120320705967QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120320705967&_trkparms=72%3A1301|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14"]This [/url]is my fave.

I have just emailed him a about a custom decal for a secret project I am working on, all will be reveled next week.

:) :huh: :huh:

Much more honest than some squier basses with "upgraded" Fender logos on the headstock that have been on ebay recently.

I liked it so much I stole it and posted on HC.

Edit: Their business model looks quite simple. Get yourself some of that paper where you can print transfers then print away. then sell them for £7.60 each.

What new ones could we come up with?

"Muzakman"

"Gibbon Les Ape"

Any others? Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='314387' date='Oct 25 2008, 10:17 AM']:) :huh: :huh:

Much more honest than some squier basses with "upgraded" Fender logos on the headstock that have been on ebay recently.

I liked it so much I stole it and posted on HC.

Edit: Their business model looks quite simple. Get yourself some of that paper where you can print transfers then print away. then sell them for £7.60 each.

What new ones could we come up with?

"Muzakman"

"Gibbon Les Ape"

Any others?[/quote]

G & Tonic

Ibentmyas

Wartadick

Yamahaha