Why become a member? ×

Cheap Eden head at Andertons

barneyg42

Don't know much about the head but seems cheap enough for back up or getting a cheapish rig together.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/WTX264/bass-amp-heads/eden-wtx264-260w-mini-bass-amp-head?utm_campaign=161104-SPE-Eden&utm_source=emarsysemail&utm_medium=email&sc_src=email_854536&sc_lid=34019586&sc_uid=xC1Wb27tHJ&sc_llid=26381&sc_eh=12afac1f9c0ce0e21

One of the reviews I read stated it would not keep up with Mr Rock Drummer and Mr 5150 so I wouldn't expect miracles. Looks good for jazz, acoustic type gigs or as stated with a PA to di to using it as a monitor. There's a 4ohm 112 Eden cab that's recommended to use with it.

I have this head with matching 1x12 4ohm cab and it can cope pretty well with a funk band including horns. I still run a line through the PA but it has a lovely warm tone, perfect for anyone into their vintage Fender tone and is light, compact etc. My head came with a bespoke padded case and I got a cab cover from Roqsolid.
I liked the Eden tone so much I also have the WTDI pedal, which is pretty much the same tone in a small box.

I did 20 gigs with a TC BG250 combo, which is less powerful than that (and another couple outdoor ones where it was DI'd) and didn't have an issue or need to turn it up to full, so it would seem odd if it couldn't keep up with a drummer as our group had one of those, and a marshall guitar amp.

I guess if you were in a van halen tribute with a 100w marshal with everything on 10 it might struggle.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1478361729' post='3168632']
It was £229 this morning, I guess they all went!
[/quote]

Guess so. Be interesting if anyone has one already or ordered from this offer. Just a thought as a back up, I didn't have the £ to take this one up but might in the future.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1478351829' post='3168550']
As we know, amps like this are loaded with all sorts of power management bits and bobs, so you can't compare volumes based on watts alone.
[/quote]

Totally agree. From having tested both I'd say the tiny 200w GK MB200 appears to be a lot louder than the Eden.

The most obvious example is the TC heads. The RH450 is only actually a 236w head but appears to sound a lot louder because of the, hard baked, compression in the circuit. So much so that TC decided to just call it a 450w output, lol.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1482495738' post='3201028']
Now £199 [url="https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/WTX264/bass-amp-heads/eden-wtx264-260w-mini-bass-amp-head"]https://www.anderton...i-bass-amp-head[/url]

Very tempted to get one as a backup - should be loud enough through two Tecamp 112's for my 4-piece semi-acoustic jazz/swing/pop crew. Shouldn't it?
[/quote]

As posted above, the GK MB200 is probably a better option. I know mine is surprisingly loud and I really like the tone, although that's subjective.

The MB200 is slightly more expensive but it's smaller, has great features and I've never heard a bad thing said about them.

Just my opinion of course but quite a few people seem to agree. :)

Frank.