G&L L2500
Ibanez Atk305

If I really want a 4 string, or for image purposes
Epiphone thunderbird (only once)
Squier CV P Bass.

Edited by Woodinblack

My basses are all Spectors.

1. Euro 5-LX - absolute workhorse, used at *almost* every gig + recording;
2. Q5 Pro Holoflash - a bit more "rock" than the poplar burl Euro, use it at some balls-out rock gigs;
3. Legend Standard 4 - recently bought for a specific project & loving playing a 4 string again;
4. Performer 5 - the only passive one, it lives at home and is my go-to practise bass.

1. Squier VM P5.
2. Sterling SUB Ray5
3. Fender Modern Player Jazz 5

All three of these get used at every gig. The Jazz I just use for the 2 or 3 songs I play with a pick. After that it's a bit weird. I class the Squier P as my number one because it's the one bass of the 3 that I'd happily use for every song in our set if I had to, but the Ray actually gets used on more songs. On those songs though I only marginally prefer the Ray but on most of the songs where I use the P it's because I very much prefer it over the Ray - if that makes any sense at all.

Main gig ( long show in theatres ) - Fender Precision Lyte. Covers all that's needed for me.

Country rock gig - Danelectro Longhorn (only one core sound but a good 'un ), although recent Squier Jag edging in.

Acoustic duo gig - Washburn AB20. Had it over 20 years and still love it. Also Countryman Uke bass for uprighty stuff.

Anything else gig - Another P-Lyte ( hey, I'm not getting any younger etc...)

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1485987489' post='3228388']
1. Squier VM P5.
2. Sterling SUB Ray5
3. Fender Modern Player Jazz 5

All three of these get used at every gig. The Jazz I just use for the 2 or 3 songs I play with a pick. After that it's a bit weird. I class the Squier P as my number one because it's the one bass of the 3 that I'd happily use for every song in our set if I had to, but the Ray actually gets used on more songs. On those songs though I only marginally prefer the Ray but on most of the songs where I use the P it's because I very much prefer it over the Ray - if that makes any sense at all.
[/quote]

I travel to gigs mostly on the Tube in London and can just about be bothered to take one bass with me lol ;)

New Fender Deluxe Precision (just took 1st place as PJ has more tonal variation)
Fender Jazz (just great to play)
Warwick Thumb (specific tone but probably the nicest bass to play but a little on heavy side)
Dingwall NG2 5er for any Prog gigs

Dave

As others have said, it tends to depend on the band I'm playing in but in terms of frequency it currently looks like this:

1. Musicman SUB USA Sterling. Indestructable finish means it can withstand the stage 'costumes' for the Glam Rock band

2. Status Streamline. A much easier bass to get to sit in the mix than the MM but doesn't look right in a 70's context. Gets used in the 80s covers band fairly exclusively

3. Rick 4003. Gets to go out an play occasionally but only at the better venues and when I know I've got more time to set my sound up

4. Musicman Ray Fretless. Occasionally taken out when we have the apporpriate numbers in the set.

Fender MIA P 2014- my recording bass, never to gig with

Fender MIM P 2014 for gigging with and rehearsals

Fender MIM Jazz 2006 for gigging and rehearsals and some recordings

SX shorty P bass as a backup at gigs, in case a string breaks or my back gives out.

Takamine ABG - stays in gig bag, never to be played. Useless POS dunno why I thought it'd work with two acoustic guitars lol