Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='891879' date='Jul 11 2010, 12:00 PM']Haha me too. I ordered two pedals from him a couple of years back when the dollar was weak and I've been waiting for their currency to crash ever since so I can order more. :)[/quote]

I have a, slowly growing, list of pedals I want and I'm waiting for the exchange rate to become more favourable.

[quote name='Higgie' post='891910' date='Jul 11 2010, 12:30 PM']Really liking that Bugcrusher! Instant GAS! Just checked out the site and apparently no longer in production. B*llocks :)[/quote]

Hexe still make the bitcrusher III for €199, which I hear is just as good!

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='woodyratm' post='892662' date='Jul 12 2010, 12:46 PM']This is a terrible thread for me!

I don't have space for all these toys! :)[/quote]

it´s not about space here, it´s about the money ([url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCkLEo-DT1Q"]by the way ... "money" ... great bass-line[/url])

[quote name='I am not excane' post='898554' date='Jul 19 2010, 03:30 AM'][b]My big board - happily been using for over 4 years without a change.[/b][/quote]

Snap for three on the big board. The Choralflange, the Dass Drive and the DD-9!

How are you powering it? I found that the Choralflange introduces a load of noise so had to opt for a Voodoo lab - but that only powers 8 pedals...

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='898588' date='Jul 19 2010, 03:17 AM']Snap for three on the big board. The Choralflange, the Dass Drive and the DD-9!

How are you powering it? I found that the Choralflange introduces a load of noise so had to opt for a Voodoo lab - but that only powers 8 pedals...[/quote]

The DD-9 comes out in 2012 right before the apocalypse :) You mean the DD-3?

Anyway, I power all of that crap with a Voodoo Labs hidden underneath and the power supply that came with the pedalpad. (So I can power up to 16 boxes)

I also have a power strip under there for any adapters (only using 1 now for the Whammy) but I have 2 Dunlop Bricks sitting around in case I need to power anything else. I DO use the Voodoo Lab for the Choralflange, not the adapter that Fulltone recommends and it works fine.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='900498' date='Jul 20 2010, 04:22 PM']How's the low end on the Full Bore?[/quote]

After comparing side by side the Landmine, the Hardwire TL-2, and the Fullbore, I decided on the fullbore for the small board for a number of reasons - It doesn't quite have the amount of low end that Landmine or Hardwire can achieve, but it sounds better (if that makes sense) It let's more of my bass come through while the other 2 pedals seemed to have almost the exact same tone (standard boss-style metal zone crunch) which I didn't like.

Also, the noisegate and scoop switch are two features I'm really liking - so being all the same price I give it to the fullbore in terms of features and sound. I also use the board for guitar :) but the bass control still gets you a nice amount of cut or boost for either instrument. Hope that helps.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='902842' date='Jul 23 2010, 09:26 AM']I watched a video of the freeze the other day. I really want one![/quote]

It's a great pedal. Absolutely hopeless (IMO) in a band setting as it sounds quite digital and thin but great for noodling at home.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='902964' date='Jul 23 2010, 11:11 AM']What's the Philosophers Tone like on bass?[/quote]

It's great, it's been my go to compressor for a while now. I'm mainly using it as a peak limiter, but it adds a certain sparkle to your sound. It's really quiet and it's got loads of sustain on tap.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='903001' date='Jul 23 2010, 11:30 AM']It's a great pedal. Absolutely hopeless (IMO) in a band setting as it sounds quite digital and thin but great for noodling at home.[/quote]

If you had it on a seperate effects chain it could be more useful? I'd use it to create textures to play over, and I wouldn't necessarily need much low end from that, but I suppose if you fancy doing big bassy drones, you'd need that.

My current setup

[url="http://www.freeimagehosting.net/"][/url]

Behinger TU300 Chromatic Tuner
Boss SYB-5 Bass Synthesiser
Digitech Whammy WH-4 (controlled via midi using Roland FC-200 Foot Controller)
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
Marshall Guv'nor Plus
Mid-Fi Electronics Glitch Computer
Behringer DD400 Digital Delay

And I seem to be having some trouble uploading the night shot but it wasn't very good anyway