Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

The new board is awesome, but was having some issues with pedal layout as the pedals I want at the front (as I use them more) are considerably bigger than those at the back. Looked around eBay, found someone cutting perspex to requested size and as thick as you like... And I came up with this...

Blocks held in place with strong Velcro, just like the pedals placed on them. Everything holds strong and means I can move and remove them easily. The blocks are 2cm high, making it just the right height to lift the pedals...

Pics of the finished board when I get my Moogerfooger back this week with a new footswitch and a mod to the EP-2 pedal

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='953098' date='Sep 11 2010, 08:12 PM']Nothing interesting... Better cable added and a compact rightangle switchcraft jack put on it to conserve space and not have loads of excess cable flying around.[/quote]

That's exactly what I need! Who's doing the mod for you? And if you don't mind me asking... how much have you paid? PM me if you'd prefer.

[quote name='bartelby' post='953848' date='Sep 12 2010, 07:00 PM']Got a new case for my little set up. Still experimenting with signal path and positioning. Next purchase is a Dunlop DC Brick.
[attachment=58633:P1000045.jpg][/quote]
Sorry if I've missed this earlier on, but... please explain the heavily modded Crybaby!

TC Polytune: I'm sure it's a great tuner and everything, and I'm sure we'll be seeing it on a lot of boards, but... well... no offence intended... it's a really ugly m*****f***er, ain't it? The "bulge" around the display is just unsightly, and it kind of reminds me of...

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='954209' date='Sep 12 2010, 11:26 PM']Sorry if I've missed this earlier on, but... please explain the heavily modded Crybaby!

TC Polytune: I'm sure it's a great tuner and everything, and I'm sure we'll be seeing it on a lot of boards, but... well... no offence intended... it's a really ugly m*****f***er, ain't it? The "bulge" around the display is just unsightly, and it kind of reminds me of...

[/quote]
and .. ?

Edited by phil.i.stein

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='954191' date='Sep 12 2010, 11:05 PM']What happened to your Blowtorch?[/quote]

I got it used, a previous owner had removed the graphics.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='954209' date='Sep 12 2010, 11:26 PM']Sorry if I've missed this earlier on, but... please explain the heavily modded Crybaby![/quote]

Clockwise from top right switch:
Gain boost
Sweep width
Sweep width I/O
Mid boost
Guitar/Bass switch (a little extreme at the moment)
Treble boost

I'm not done playing with component values as some mods are too much and others aren't enough.

[quote name='Finbar' post='955435' date='Sep 13 2010, 09:38 PM']Is the SFT really all it's cracked up to be? See it appearring on a lot of boards, but I don't know if it's really worth checking one out if it's only going to be driving the front end of the GT200 anyway?[/quote]

Well I mean having never tried a GT200 :)

Man it's the best freakin pedal for the GT200 ever it should come standard with the amp.

I use to use it as a dirty boost but now I have the Chili doing that and the SFT for overdrive, it's still boosting the amp, just a great great pedal. It's the one pedal on that board I couldn't gig without.

Currently for my band I've got my board with the M9, 2 VP Jr pedals and a few other stomps all on a PT2. But I'm considering putting together a smaller board similar to yours actually. Think the SFT might make an appearance if it lives up to the hype. Might make a neat always on dirt pedal.

Edited by Finbar

Hi all,

I'm new here, so i just thought i would give a brief history of my board...
Started out as a piece of paper with two pedals on it, bought cheap:

Then progressed into something more interesting, but the board fell apart:

Then this week, i managed to put the board back together, as my band has reformed! I play classic rock, but the board is just for abit of fun more than anything!

My guitarist wants to swap my Boss CS3 for his Ibanez Weeping Demon, so hopefully i'll have that within the next week or so! Im also thinking about buying either a delay or a DI box, any suggestions?
-Lorry

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='955421' date='Sep 13 2010, 09:29 PM']Ok now no getting mega jealous

Day Shot

(Band board on the right, session board on the left)

Getting Darker Shot

Night Shot

[/quote]

couple of nice boards there - though to be honest if i turned up for a gig with a pedal board that glowed in the dark like that i'd have the piss ripped out of me for ever more!! :)

what's sat on the PT mini over to the right, can't quite make it out..

[quote name='GazWills' post='957173' date='Sep 15 2010, 01:30 PM']what's sat on the PT mini over to the right, can't quite make it out..[/quote]

L-R
Catalinbread SFT, Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso, Subdecay Super Nova Drive (Old Yellow edition?), Sonic Research ST-200 Turbo Tuner, Line 6 X2 (XDS95) Wireless Receiver.

And all powered by a Diago Powerstation. Can't make out the cables, though I think that would probably be one step too far in the board identifying game.

Edited by EskimoBassist

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='957196' date='Sep 15 2010, 01:53 PM']L-R
Catalinbread SFT, Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso, Subdecay Super Nova Drive (Old Yellow edition?), Sonic Research ST-200 Turbo Tuner, Line 6 X2 (XDS95) Wireless Receiver.

And all powered by a Diago Powerstation. Can't make out the cables, though I think that would probably be one step too far in the board identifying game.[/quote]

ta - just wasn't sure on the box next to the tuner..

[quote name='GazWills' post='957281' date='Sep 15 2010, 03:16 PM']you didn't identify the type of bulbs used to light up the board either... just lazy!! :rolleyes:[/quote]

12vdc Led Strips, from Maplins, being run at 9vdc off the power supply. Just saw this discussion on TalkBass today in the Post Your Pedalboard discussion. No I am not a stalker! :)

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='957196' date='Sep 15 2010, 01:53 PM']L-R

And all powered by a Diago Powerstation. Can't make out the cables, though I think that would probably be one step too far in the board identifying game.[/quote]

OBBM made patch leads on the PT Mini and yes everything else is right obviously the signal chain is the above but R to L

Power supply is actually a Shredfreak one not a diago but I forgive you :)

[quote name='GazWills' post='957173' date='Sep 15 2010, 01:30 PM']couple of nice boards there - though to be honest if i turned up for a gig with a pedal board that glowed in the dark like that i'd have the piss ripped out of me for ever more!! :)

what's sat on the PT mini over to the right, can't quite make it out..[/quote]

People can laugh all they want I can't hear them over my GT200 and 8x10 :rolleyes: