Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

A lot of you know I’ve gone a bit mad with boutique pedals. As I head toward married life I’ve been rejigging how I approach them and, as a result, I’m selling a lot of them, making boards with others, and collecting a few like a gear-hoarding magpie.

Since I moved at the start of the year, all but five or six pedals (and my minis board - currently partially deconstructed) have been in boxes waiting for a board.

As part of the overall rejigging I’ve realised that nothing is so sacred I have to leave it in its box. As a result, I’ve finally built a Broughton board (and one Southampton pedal that Josh Broughton worked on).

I plan on putting other boards together over the next few months but this is currently my only fully-wired up board.

Signal chain is right to left bottom row, then right to left top row. Knobs do not reflect settings; I’m just clumsy when I wire up.

IMG_5887.thumb.jpeg.755a0dd5fcd66f53a411a8a7b2035320.jpeg

IMG_5904.thumb.jpeg.7cddcf9729b2cd8847e1bc02b3b8f6e0.jpeg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Tonight's board.IMG_20230825_201804.thumb.jpg.792e0f55c37968f76469cd6169901467.jpg

Couple of new Joyo pedals. Great compressor, Double Thruster overdrive and the vision modulation. 

The Vision is really a multi effect with some neat features. Not least of which is parallel routing 

How's the double thruster? Same as b3k?

1 hour ago, admiralchew said:

A lot of you know I’ve gone a bit mad with boutique pedals. As I head toward married life I’ve been rejigging how I approach them and, as a result, I’m selling a lot of them, making boards with others, and collecting a few like a gear-hoarding magpie.

Since I moved at the start of the year, all but five or six pedals (and my minis board - currently partially deconstructed) have been in boxes waiting for a board.

As part of the overall rejigging I’ve realised that nothing is so sacred I have to leave it in its box. As a result, I’ve finally built a Broughton board (and one Southampton pedal that Josh Broughton worked on).

I plan on putting other boards together over the next few months but this is currently my only fully-wired up board.

Signal chain is right to left bottom row, then right to left top row. Knobs do not reflect settings; I’m just clumsy when I wire up.

That looks sooo clean 👌

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

How's the double thruster? Same as b3k?

Not having used  b3k I couldn't say. It's my always on dirt pedal. I haven't gigged it yet (just about to go on) but it's reasonably low gain. Although it does get gnarly.

On 25/08/2023 at 20:01, admiralchew said:

Holy Cow! How ist the SUBSONIC? Great looking Board, that surely is a serious sonic playground - congrats!

Edited by keziahj
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, admiralchew said:

Excellent work here. These Rockboards are so nicely designed… much more space underneath than my Pedaltrain JR. I’d be able to sling my HPF under one of those and fit an EQ in its place on top of the board. Hmmm

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, keziahj said:

Holy Cow! How ist the SUBSONIC? Great looking Board, that surely is a serious sonic playground for sure - congrats!

The Subsonic is absolutely lovely. It's extremely simple to use, sounds great and tracks well. I think the plan is to make more and I hope he does; it deserves to get a wide release and a great reception. Thanks for the kind comment!

3 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

Excellent work here. These Rockboards are so nicely designed… much more space underneath than my Pedaltrain JR. I’d be able to sling my HPF under one of those and fit an EQ in its place on top of the board. Hmmm

Agreed on the Roackboards; they're superb. There's even space underneath to velcro strap-tie the power cable on for easy transport. I've been selling a lot of my pedals, including some Broughton ones, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the ones I was opting to keep fitted so well on a board I already had laying about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDinsdale said:

Not wired up yet as I still need to get the shelf screwed in properly but no more 90 degree pedals 🙌

IMG_6969.thumb.jpeg.e92d3790cbdb7ffef4e2f250f2959b7a.jpeg

IMG_6972.thumb.jpeg.d3d7865787f47ecf346d4f0177c8dace.jpeg

sorry for the state of the desk 

Absolutely amazing! You single-handedly made me want to try the Longsword/Model FET combo.

Rockboards for the win too!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

Absolutely amazing! You single-handedly made me want to try the Longsword/Model FET combo.

Rockboards for the win too!

It's a wonderful thing, Model FeT, Longsword and the Halberd are absolutely incredible. The Halberd is the biggest surprise for me though, it's capable of so much variety. Thinking I'll wire up the Longsword (with a clean blend) into the Halberd this time around.

Highly recommend the EAE stuff if you can get your hands on it. 

• Like 1

this is my board, sometimes i put OCD Fulltone in front of the equalizer, i power it through Mosky iso-10, cali76 copy powered by 18v.

I use the equalizer to boost the signal because I use a 5m guitar cable, and 6m from the board to the amplifier. Or mutes the signal at home on other cables, bass guitars are passive.

IMG_20230828_194530.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Odi said:

this is my board, sometimes i put OCD Fulltone in front of the equalizer, i power it through Mosky iso-10, cali76 copy powered by 18v.

I use the equalizer to boost the signal because I use a 5m guitar cable, and 6m from the board to the amplifier. Or mutes the signal at home on other cables, bass guitars are passive.

IMG_20230828_194530.jpg

What could someone dream more about !

I think Iv finally got my live rig sorted (top pedal board) now, really happy with the range of sounds I can get from this.

Got the smaller board and wah to interchange occasionally which gets some funkier sounds in the mix too!

image.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Double flange! 

Yeah. I'm in a flangey place atm. The Boss is the one gets me where I want to be. Does that thing I hear in my head when I think of a flanger. 

However the JHS is an interesting one. I get more if a light phaser sound out of it. Probably best suited to a g****r really but very useable