Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Yet more flip-flopping.

IMG_6895.thumb.jpeg.816a5e61a10c7a164afd384f06644c9a.jpeg

Decided while the MOD Dwarf is a lot of fun, it's surplus to requirements for band stuff. It introduces latency and just presents a potential point of failure.

So now I have a business board and a fun board. All the stuff for the band on a ready to go board the the Dwarf on a separate board for experimenting and guitars.

I've added a little FX send from my pedalboard patch bay now so I can easily connect the Dwarf (currently in the Capo post FX loop) for delays and the fancy reverbs etc.

• Like 4

It’s taken ages, but after years of muti-effects, I find myself using individual pedals more as I don’t require much in the way of effects.

Over the years I’ve collected a multitude of different pedals, having given away a few (regrettably now?).

So, I decided to make up a pedalboard for what’s left over, much better than collecting dust on shelves…My collection goes from cheap & cheerful to more collectable items, I’m looking forward to using the board soon with my occasional rock band, I used to love the dirt with the EHX bassmuff…

IMG_0399.jpeg

IMG_0398.jpeg

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Stofferson said:

Current iteration.

Terrible bout of gas earlier this month . . Oh well!

Ps.

The Dobsky fuzz is in the t65 loop! Mwahaha

New Alma MK2 and ground and pound are awesome 

20230814_192747.jpg

You got a dobsky! Nice!!! Do you love it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

Something not quiet right with the board over the last few weeks so switched things out to make it a bit more straight forward and simple, probs adding a pog or oc5 on top tomorrow or something else fun 

02F0C824-292A-4469-9586-E4A34B95F7C6.thumb.jpeg.7f30ab6a6007e133c4acbd1f44f61f19.jpegE9282D37-206A-46C0-BEEF-EFAABCB1427B.thumb.jpeg.91f4c2c8026db200e317dd53efd7ff1c.jpeg

But where is all the Fuzzrocious goodness!??

Here’s my board. After much trial and error this is what I’ve decided are my core favourites that I’ll use with my new band. 

Really pleased with it - the board is meant to hold 7-10 pedals but they didn’t expect 4 with one underneath! 

IMG_6515.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

IMG_6518.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ped said:

Here’s my board. After much trial and error this is what I’ve decided are my core favourites that I’ll use with my new band. 

Really pleased with it - the board is meant to hold 7-10 pedals but they didn’t expect 4 with one underneath! 

IMG_6515.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

IMG_6518.jpeg

Them valco pedals have such a cool visual factor 👌

• Thanks 1

I don’t normally use any pedals on the gig. My amp has built in preset high and low pass filters , but I’ve been running a tube preamp through the effect return input. Bypassing the front end of my amp. 
so I’ll place this between the preamp and the power section. Glad to be gigging tonight , I’ll give it a twirl.

IMG_8829.jpeg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

Them valco pedals have such a cool visual factor 👌

They really do - and they sound awesome too. The fuzz has such an 'airy' sound to it, with loads of control over the mids so it sounds great in a mix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ped said:

IMG_6515.jpeg

IMG_6517.jpeg

IMG_6518.jpeg

Did a proper double take when I saw how big the pedalboard was, thought it was a 2.0 or something 😂 Those pedals are monsters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, nilorius said:

Dahh, not for bass, but got a very nice price. 😁

Good to know.

I have an EHX Bass Clone and I keep pining for something a bit better. It's OK, but can be hit and miss and the useable range for what I use it for, is a bit limited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eude said:

Good to know.

I have an EHX Bass Clone and I keep pining for something a bit better. It's OK, but can be hit and miss and the useable range for what I use it for, is a bit limited.

The last i tried was Aguilar Chorusaurus - really good. My next target in system.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eude said:

Good to know.

There’s a providence bass chorus in the sale section… that’s supposed to be one of the best for bass I think.

(I’ve got a bass boost chorus which is pretty good)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 15/08/2023 at 19:53, Bassman68 said:

It’s taken ages, but after years of muti-effects, I find myself using individual pedals more as I don’t require much in the way of effects.

Over the years I’ve collected a multitude of different pedals, having given away a few (regrettably now?).

So, I decided to make up a pedalboard for what’s left over, much better than collecting dust on shelves…My collection goes from cheap & cheerful to more collectable items, I’m looking forward to using the board soon with my occasional rock band, I used to love the dirt with the EHX bassmuff…

IMG_0399.jpeg

IMG_0398.jpeg

@Bassman68 - what do you think of that Behringer Ultra Chorus? I've been through a few chorus pedals including the widely used Boss (CEB3 I believe). Never settled on one, liked the TC Toneprint chorus but sold the toneprint amp. Just wondering as I have found that some cheaper pedals can be good. Maybe I should try a TC Corona, but interested in the Behringer.