Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

• 2 weeks later...

The G3 Atom finally arrived today, so I spent all evening wiring it. Some of the audio cables runs are a bit tight but they all just about reached (still had to order more as there wasn't enough left over to wire up the pink fuzz). Underneath is a bit of a birds nest but I'm waiting for the extra wiring to tighten up the cable ties. Otherwise the Atom is great, I can finally switch between multi-pedal patches instantly. Bit weird for a bass player, but absolutely necessary when you play in fusion/jazz/prog power trio! 

IMG20230705220745.thumb.jpg.78bbab93ac879aa8e87c1d8c73f7b57f.jpg     

IMG20230705220803.thumb.jpg.3237ec9dbeb13f4c05f83eb3cf30e8f7.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Elfrasho said:

I bet you could find a two pedal ext pedal that could replace that polytune. One less 9v lead, one more pedal to control the stomp

I have one, actually. But for that project, I only use one patch so I don't really need it. The thing about the polytune is that I don't really like the tuner of the HX and I prefer to have a third switch rather than a tuner. 

Latest iteration. I’ve never been unhappy with previous builds but it’s always nice to get the grubby mitts on new stuff. This board does feel pretty tight though. I may switch the AO with a different drive but that’s more folly than not being happy. 

Hidden underneath are two Lightening Boy Audio LBA2020s passive transformers which are after the Simone (I think) and a thumpinator which is last in the chain going to the amp. 

The signal chain is…

tuner>comp>Beta>Simone>LBA’s>Funkulator>AO>Fuzz>Thump

The DI signal is

tuner>comp>LBA’s>Beta>Simone>Element. No additional gain is in the DI chain

IMG_2563.jpeg

Edited by krispn
  • Like 3

And complete! The aim was things I press on the bottom, things that I don't press on the top. Major overhaul following removal of delay and introduction of Boss WL-50. The PSUs and Hub stayed on but everything else off, start again. Harley Benton solderless patch cables apart from the long tuner > C4 run, which is Lava (because they're great for sneaking cables up the side of pedals!). Gets it's first outing (alongside two other wireless units!) on Saturday. In emergency, a right-angle jack will fit in the Boss Input socket to bypass the wireless (once the 3 way switch has been temporarily nudged aside). Omniport 2 on the MC6MkII is available for my expression pedal if I ever actually use it 😄

Pedal-order-and-current-draw.thumb.png.763edf407f44078a82cb6e9cedcbd497.png

top.thumb.png.913fc99f5985a5356eafb52e7b4bb53a.png

under1.thumb.png.8fdac736696acff32f4fcf83e35c1fdb.png

• Like 4

9 hours ago, javi_bassist said:

I have one, actually. But for that project, I only use one patch so I don't really need it. The thing about the polytune is that I don't really like the tuner of the HX and I prefer to have a third switch rather than a tuner. 

Interesting. Ive heard alot of folk disliking the stomp tuner. Honestly, I can't find any fault with it!

It’s been a while since I posted, so this is a pretty big update to the board. Pedals listed in signal chain order for those that care…

Input > Montreal Assembly PURPLL >
Boss OC-5 Octave >
Fuzzrocious Li’l Fella >
Fuzzrocious M.O.T.H >
Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler v2 >
Fuzzrocious Croak > 
Red Panda Bitmap2 >
Dr. Scientist Dusk (w/ Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal) >
GFI System Synesthesia (w/ Triple Switch) >
Hologram Electronics Microcosm >
Source Audio Collider >
Keeley Bassist Limiting Amplifier >
TC Electronics Polytune Mini > Output

Everything is cables with EBS gold flat patch cables, powered with a CIOKS DC7 + 8 Expander, and mounted to a PedalTrain Jr Max (a number of PT Pedal Boosters are mounted to the back row for accessibility). I also use another Moog EP-3 beside the board, which changes the pedal it’s controlling based on my mood: usually the Bitmap, Microcosm or PURPLL.

I’m so in love with everything in this set up at the moment… that’s a great feeling

95684752-8942-40FD-B0C9-1A9004D6919D.jpeg

3A4CDDCE-C8D3-49FC-B197-6229E92323A3.jpeg

66052CBD-A180-4F99-9549-6D7EBEB75D85.jpeg

• Like 8

Been back and forth on the Mod Dwarf for a while now, looking to experiment with some modulation and time based fx and it has the flexibility to do some really unique stuff.

Only day 2, it's got a pretty staggering amount of stuff available which can make it a little daunting but already found some awesome in there. The amount of flexibility is insane, even coming from the Boss GT1000core which was already pretty flexible. 

IMG_6561.thumb.jpeg.54508de989afc366fa4bceb3089382fd.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

9D69695A-AE3B-4EC4-950B-92385C712CD8.thumb.jpeg.ac25873828520d4e04a3ab2d9017907a.jpeg

DE0BD64F-F90E-4B67-AD59-4947EAF49093.thumb.jpeg.c8e1d423dd0efc7dac8ad0121bc6b3aa.jpeg

one pedal I’m not aloud to show! And switched out my heliotropic for a second Bongripper as I wanted to simplify things and only really have 1 fuzz sound. Also the DDv3 back on the board for low gain stuff 

A secret pedal?! 

• Like 1