Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 03/03/2023 at 14:44, Dudgeman said:

Current bi amp rig for Rock/metal covers band... Laney takes care of the lows in a big way...rest runs fun stuff. Spark is a new addition simply to boost level for my P bass as its output is way lower than my Jazz and Dingwall. Would like to swap out Demon FX pedals for DG originals but simply don't have the cash...and from my research pretty much sound identical...maybe one day. Apollo 2 phaser is a staggering pedal on guitar or bass.  Totally nails that Lizzy Alibi tone.... Chorus lands well for Sweet child of mine... B7k clone is set with low drive and really gets me the Harris clack along with p bass and flats. Octave used conservatively on Land of confusion ( disturbed) and lay down your love (Whitesnake) really thickens sound. Sheehan pedal ( my fav) for all the Mr Big/ winery dogs stuff...  I am trialling the Joyo battery power supply with this. No issues with charge times..it runs this lot for 4 hours plus... But to reduce anxiety levels at gigs I charge it in the gap between sets... No cables ..no ground loops... No earthing issues..  and cheap...and if you don't like it use it as a battery charger for your phone..it has usb out!  I ditched my George Ls to try Harley Benton solderless patch cables ..unbelievable value and am running 3 boards without a single issue ..the sockets are super compact as well. Have recommended to loads of people without issue...

IMG_20230303_142848.jpg

That’s a good run through of how you use your pedals.  Gives it some context rather than looking at a picture of effects pedals. 

3 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Gonna guess that the 2 pedals next to the Heaby are Chinese DG clones @danbowskill. An X and an AO? How you finding them?

😂..yarp,it's the AO and B3k.

Surprisingly good quality and sound.silent switching, the AO sounds exactly the same...the 3k has a lot darker drive than the original

I change my mind so much with drives these will do just fine for the mo.

4 hours ago, danbowskill said:

😂..yarp,it's the AO and B3k.

Surprisingly good quality and sound.silent switching, the AO sounds exactly the same...the 3k has a lot darker drive than the original

I change my mind so much with drives these will do just fine for the mo.

Interesting... Finding my Alpha Omega Photon & HX Stomp XL combination total overkill for my requirements. My recently acquired Vintage Ultra and an AO clone would probably be more than sufficient if I added a compressor into the equation... 

I was in the process of clearing out all my spares and extras, after making a board I'm happy with...

20230310_164243.thumb.jpg.5c17c359f2066c37d52ea611710d4788.jpg

but there were too many pedals I couldn't part with, so I stuck a new spare/compact/practise board together....20230310_164249.thumb.jpg.600432b6797fa41f7cde1729563405d9.jpg

I'll move the genzler r-eq on to the smaller board once I get a lpf pedal for the big one. I might swap the tuners around too. The Boss is a little quicker, even though it takes up more space....20230310_164235.thumb.jpg.05a84ea965ffc588c2bcb277baa9543e.jpg

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Bassybert said:

image.gif.67e08f18f093a1f0f05ad0f9904145a3.gif

None more black! 

On 09/03/2023 at 16:44, danbowskill said:

IMG_20230309_142913.thumb.jpg.8a2bdf2ff4dc5308560ade628e37b33c.jpg

Ordered the AO clone... Have Aion FX Maelstrom (B3K/Vintage crossover clone) and Ts50 (Traynor) kits, and an OmniCabSim clone waiting to build so depending how that all turns out there could be a big clearout coming! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

None more black! 

Ordered the AO clone... Have Aion FX Maelstrom (B3K/Vintage crossover clone) and Ts50 (Traynor) kits, and an OmniCabSim clone waiting to build so depending how that all turns out there could be a big clearout coming! 

At least designing your enclosures is easy! 

9 hours ago, tayste_2000 said:

As weird as this will sound, my OCD is really excited to see the Capo on that board

Haha I know that feeling. Black to one side, white to the other, similar sizes etc and I will make sure those two mastro Valvola pedals will be chasis to chasis so it’s all tight. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ander87 said:

Haha I know that feeling. Black to one side, white to the other, similar sizes etc and I will make sure those two mastro Valvola pedals will be chasis to chasis so it’s all tight. 

I keep thinking it would be nice to have something on my board that is a little more interesting rather than grit or compression and the OFF1 has me intrigued. We'd have practically the same board at that point though 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrDinsdale said:

We'd have practically the same board at that point though

Concerningly I think about this often hahaha I think we have similar taste in tone…! The OFF1 is just absolutely massive and worth a try…!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ander87 said:

Concerningly I think about this often hahaha I think we have similar taste in tone…! The OFF1 is just absolutely massive and worth a try…!

If I got the OFF1 I think I'd need to try and get hold of a Dunlop expression pedal or something. Pretty sure I'd be upgrading to the Rockboard 3.0/3.1 at that point!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Pretty sure I'd be upgrading to the Rockboard 3.0/3.1 at that point!

haha let me catch up! I need a Nano+ to fit the Capo but it has crossed my mind indeed a mini expression pedal for the filter of the OFF1 or the LEM stuff too… 

I love the single line approach of the nano/nano+/rock board 2.1 but adding an expression pedal would mean likely jumping to the 3 rail/double line of pedals which I don’t love, as it’d leave spaces I’d feel condemned to fill up with yet more pedals. 

Having said that, I like this mini expression pedal, lots. 

image.jpeg.0f1a4827eb41a736a712c958292bad09.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ander87 said:

haha let me catch up! I need a Nano+ to fit the Capo but it has crossed my mind indeed a mini expression pedal for the filter of the OFF1 or the LEM stuff too… 

I love the single line approach of the nano/nano+/rock board 2.1 but adding an expression pedal would mean likely jumping to the 3 rail/double line of pedals which I don’t love, as it’d leave spaces I’d feel condemned to fill up with yet more pedals. 

Having said that, I like this mini expression pedal, lots. 

image.jpeg.0f1a4827eb41a736a712c958292bad09.jpeg

Haha its a slippery slope!

I think the one advantage of a deeper pedalboard is that you can put always on stuff out of the way where you're not gonna knock it. Also would allow for a little extra space between pedals, especially those with 2 switches as it's almost impossible to avoid hitting both when they're close.

But yeah currently trying to apply some restraint 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Indeed - I think you need more synth!

Is the plethora no good for octave then?

I assume you refer to the presence of the Poly Blue? 

The Plethora has the sub n up, a harmoniser, and a pitch shift. In short there isn't much it can't do octave wise.

However...the MXR Poly Blue is just my favourite pedal. Honestly there's so much it can do. And it's so easy to adjust on the fly.

It's overkill having so many options but I like simplicity, and the Plethora is a simple way to have 5 pedals in a small space. It can do so much more of course but it handles my modulation and compression needs admirably.