Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1358859320' post='1946074']
Broke Dick Peanut Gallery. Best Overdrive I've ever used... And I've owned one or two! :)
[/quote]

Ah ok cool. I'm actually on the lookout for a good overdrive. Not sure I have the patience to wait for a Fuzzrocious though.

Any other stand-outs for you?

Cheers,

Paul

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1358862799' post='1946167']
Hmmmmm. I really liked the Fulltone Bass Drive (non-mosphet) but that's discontinued. The Xotic BB I'm told is close to it so tht could be an option.

The Darklass b3k is pretty killer too!
[/quote]

I might have accidentally bought a B7k.... Whoops.

Also - How come the expression pedal is sitting squint? Too long with the other units?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1358872948' post='1946366']
Look at the 1st pic? It makes it straight to where I stand between the 2 boards, otherwise you have to twist your ankle to get up into that corner and move it
[/quote]

Aha! That is a genius idea!

:)

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1358873201' post='1946374']
Aha! That is a genius idea!

:)
[/quote]

I've done this before... :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1358875385' post='1946411']
All that tidy wiring & then the blue & green wires hanging out the back. Could you not use George Ls or Lava minis for CV?
[/quote]

I shall refer you to the opening line of my post with the photos - "Still come recabling to do" :) Yeah - Lava's will be used throughout eventually.

Sorry buddy. I was too busy looking at the pics. :gas:

I guess you use TRS jacks from Moog to Moog? You don't need 3 core cable if the parameter is CV & not exp, just wire the tip & the sleeve (making sure it's the same at each end).

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1358862799' post='1946167']
Hmmmmm. I really liked the Fulltone Bass Drive (non-mosphet) but that's discontinued. The Xotic BB I'm told is close to it so tht could be an option.
[/quote]

I can confirm this is indeed true - eq on the BB is more powerful however which for me was a plus, as long as you only need one channel.

Sick boards by the way, whats the Zohar's Phase Shift? A phaser I'm guessing - can't find anything on the web about it.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1358882371' post='1946573']
Sorry buddy. I was too busy looking at the pics. :gas:

I guess you use TRS jacks from Moog to Moog? You don't need 3 core cable if the parameter is CV & not exp, just wire the tip & the sleeve (making sure it's the same at each end).
[/quote]

The MP-201 to Foogers is a regular TS mono patch lead, nothing special as well. It's something to do with how the MP-201 digitally recreates CV. Fooger to fooger stuff I always use a TRS patch lead.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1358894942' post='1946907']
I can confirm this is indeed true - eq on the BB is more powerful however which for me was a plus, as long as you only need one channel.

Sick boards by the way, whats the Zohar's Phase Shift? A phaser I'm guessing - can't find anything on the web about it.
[/quote]

Thats a custom job from Bass Chatter TG Flatline. It's a proto for his upcoming range... and is mind blowing! I named it... A reference to my favourite computer game :)

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1358894942' post='1946907']
[/quote]

yup - i had a 2002 bassdrive for many years but eventually replaced it with the BB as I preferred the EQ of the xotic pedal. I use a booster in front of the BB and this pushes it in a v similar way to using the boost function on the bassdrive... just back from practise, and changed my board up a bit, as I'm using a P now instead of a jazz... v happy with this little setup :)

I prefer how my grey stache sounded with the jazz, but using the precision, the TFR sounds a bit better to me - meaty as hell :)

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1358897847' post='1946949']
yup - i had a 2002 bassdrive for many years but eventually replaced it with the BB as I preferred the EQ of the xotic pedal. I use a booster in front of the BB and this pushes it in a v similar way to using the boost function on the bassdrive... just back from practise, and changed my board up a bit, as I'm using a P now instead of a jazz... v happy with this little setup :)

I prefer how my grey stache sounded with the jazz, but using the precision, the TFR sounds a bit better to me - meaty as hell :)
[/quote]

Really cool setup! Although tuner at the end? That would annoy me, having to turn pedals off to get a true reading, best at the start IMO

Si

cheers - and i used to be with you on the tuner at the start... but I like the fact the tuner at the end of the chain totally mutes everything when you engage it - stepping on the tuner when it's at the front (if, say, a fuzz is still on) leads to a fair bit of hum or noise still coming through the amp. I only have a few pedals on the board so have no problem with signal strength into the tuner with it at the end of the chain :)

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1358930937' post='1947102']
Would distortion significantly mess with pitch?
[/quote]
I'd assume in the act of tuning itself you'd turn everything else off first, though.
[quote name='Tobiasthegiant' timestamp='1358991031' post='1948324']

Now I own a Darkglass B7K courtesy of danweb22 I have given the board a jiggle about! Getting a tad cramped on there me thinks!
[/quote]
That is a beautiful board. :gas:

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1359029938' post='1948643']

That is a beautiful board. :gas:
[/quote]

Thank you, it's been a couple years in the making, and I think I might move up to either a PT-1 or PT-2 to a) stop it being so cramped for my huge boats-turned-shoes and B) I have an AKG wireless coming and would like to have the reciever on the board so I only have one lead coming out of my amp.

Re. tuners.
I can certainly understand essentially wanting a full-on killswitch and so placing it at the end of the chain. It really all depends on what effects you use and how many. Distortion will probably not help the tuner track due to all the harmonics being generated, and anything else extreme like filters, delays, pitch-shifters etc are just going to spaz it out. So on a small board like Gaz's it wouldn't be a problem, switching things off before a tune is easy. On a larger board with weirder effects, I'd want it at the start, then if noise was an issue, a gate at the end.

Si