Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1348322156' post='1812317']
Been ages since I did this so here you go, my regular pedal board:

and my larger board when space permits:

:)
[/quote]

Top notch matey. Nice selection of pedals, well thought out, and neatly arranged. Top marks ;)

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1348423947' post='1813465']
No expression or wah though. Any particular reason why not? For me, a wah is probably the first thing I'd buy if I had to sort a new pedal rig!

Truckstop
[/quote]

I have the wah on the floor - takes up too much valuable board space otherwise! ;)

Well spotted though. :P

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1348396563' post='1813030']
Also Gaz, I've bitten the bullet and ordered a custom Oh See Demon from Ry, should be with me just in time for Christmas (I hope). B) :gas:
[/quote]

great stuff, sure you'll love it - selling the OCD was certainly one of my biggest pedal-flipping regrets over the last few years... what options/custom spec have you gone for then??

Thanx! The grey pedal is a custom 3 way parallel looper each with a blend nob:
1 korg ax3000b + wounded paw black sheep in series (full blend)
2 clean
3 tech 21 vt bass (half blend) (it's under the boomerang phraser)

and the out of the looper goes through boomerang E155 chorus/delay, boomerang phraser and final the maxon pro+ compressor

Edited by pushifier

So after moving house recently, ive finally got a new project on the go. The new band didnt need a complicated bass, and i need to travel round the centre more, so ive gone back to my pt-jr and given myself plenty of dirty options. Its a lot more simple now but im actually enjoying it a lot more. Apologies for the phone pic.

[quote name='deej' timestamp='1348585680' post='1815572']
So after moving house recently, ive finally got a new project on the go. The new band didnt need a complicated bass, and i need to travel round the centre more, so ive gone back to my pt-jr and given myself plenty of dirty options. Its a lot more simple now but im actually enjoying it a lot more. Apologies for the phone pic.

[/quote]

That looks a very cool board! How do you find the Schism?

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1348592542' post='1815704']
That looks a very cool board! How do you find the Schism?
[/quote]

Thanks :) Im still a bit undecided on it at the moment, but I think thats more down to the pedals im using. Its great for giving me switching options, but my original plan of running dirt in parallel with a clean blend didnt really work as well as I thought. I think I need the dirt to be more drastically different to make it worthwhile, as at the moment they both kind of work in the same ball park and the sound doesnt change much at all. Im gonna keep experimenting though!

[quote name='deej' timestamp='1348646684' post='1816265']
Thanks :) Im still a bit undecided on it at the moment, but I think thats more down to the pedals im using. Its great for giving me switching options, but my original plan of running dirt in parallel with a clean blend didnt really work as well as I thought. I think I need the dirt to be more drastically different to make it worthwhile, as at the moment they both kind of work in the same ball park and the sound doesnt change much at all. Im gonna keep experimenting though!
[/quote]

I thought about one of those but ended up pulling the trigger on a Wounded Paw V3 - likewise it's taken me a good while to get the levels to how I expected, nevertheless, that board looks like a lot of fun! :)

Good work!

My real board, sort of finished.

From this:

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k605/SOrchard6/Guitar%20Stuff/DSCF4594.jpg[/IMG]

To this:

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k605/SOrchard6/Guitar%20Stuff/DSCF4632.jpg[/IMG]

Build thread here if you're remotely interested:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187809-19-pedal-board-build/page__gopid__1817033#entry1817033"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187809-19-pedal-board-build/page__gopid__1817033#entry1817033[/url]

Hello all.. :hi:

From this: My first pedal board which was put together using an Arion PB-06 - which I still have and will not part with EVER - and some BOSS pedals in the late 1990's.. (sorry about the picture quality: do not adjust your set). The OC-2 was one of the first pedals I ever bought.. and still sounds great.

to this.. I've been putting together my 'home' board over the last few months - tried really hard to use good condition seconds (not much spare cash around) on this board; which is still work in progress.. I've used pedal board tape on the PT2 which works really well; the Carl Martin Pro Power; TC Polytune and EHX Analogizer are *as new*, but everything else is either PX or been bought at auction.. I've got my eye on one or two looper pedals - but it's difficult to drive a hard bargain! :~) oh, and would like to change my interconnects to [color=#92F360][font=CCBattleDamagedRegular][size=5]Van Damme/Switchcraft[/size][/font][/color] patch cables..
Each to their own, but the TC 'Hall of Fame' sounds fantastic!! IMHO every board should have one.

Thanks guys & god bless.. PLEASE keep those pedal boards coming.. They are all GREAT!!.. :D

here's my board as it stands now. it's been a few years of evolution but i'm fairly happy with it at the mo.

the signal chain is:

[b]bbe sonic maximiser[/b]
(this adds encredibly useable soft & warm lows, and lovely highs to my precision's natural clanky bite)

this feeds into....

[b]bright onions twin blendable looper[/b]
(i love this box. it's the heart of my pedal board. 2 loops, 1 master kill switch, and each loop has a wet/dry blend pot so i can preserve as much of my original tone as i choose. i'm thinking of modding the master kill switch to be an inverter so i can switch from loop 1 to 2 easier.)
the two loops are:

[b]loop 1[/b] - 40%dry / 60%wet
[b]rebel effects wooly mammoth clone[/b]
(for all that muse type over the top dirt, incredible pedal)
[b]eh mini q tron[/b]
(envelope filter)
[b]boss odb3[/b]
(used for gentle overdrive. i may lose this soon when i find something better.)

[b]loop 2[/b] - 60%dry / 40%wet
[b]dha vt1-mk3-bass[/b]
(ah, my favourite!! my gorgeous valve overdrive. set up for the sweet spot, when i dig in it really growls back. awesome tone.)
[b]eh double muff[/b]
(gritty punching upper mids in single muff mode. all out nastyness in double muff mode.)

then out of the looper to....

[b]bbe sonic stomp[/b]
(it's an optical soft knee compressor. very transparent. i don't have the comp up too high, just a touch but it really tightens up my p bass sound.)

there ya go. as you can see, i like my dirty sounds. on most gigs i normally use effects here and there to lift the bass (choruses, middle 8's and other peoples solos), where neccessary, of course. i am a believer in the 'less is more' approach to my bass and use of effects and my toys give me the flexibility i need.

any suggestions for a replacement for the boss odb3 are welcome. i'm looking for an overdrive rather than full on distortion.

[attachment=119530:pedal board 0912.JPG]

Edited by ratman

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1348821634' post='1818633']
here's my board as it stands now. it's been a few years of evolution but i'm fairly happy with it at the mo.

the signal chain is:

[b]bbe sonic maximiser[/b]
(this adds encredibly useable soft & warm lows, and lovely highs to my precision's natural clanky bite)

this feeds into....

[b]bright onions twin blendable looper[/b]
(i love this box. it's the heart of my pedal board. 2 loops, 1 master kill switch, and each loop has a wet/dry blend pot so i can preserve as much of my original tone as i choose. i'm thinking of modding the master kill switch to be an inverter so i can switch from loop 1 to 2 easier.)
the two loops are:

[b]loop 1[/b] - 40%dry / 60%wet
[b]rebel effects wooly mammoth clone[/b]
(for all that muse type over the top dirt, incredible pedal)
[b]eh mini q tron[/b]
(envelope filter)
[b]boss odb3[/b]
(used for gentle overdrive. i may lose this soon when i find something better.)

[b]loop 2[/b] - 60%dry / 40%wet
[b]dha vt1-mk3-bass[/b]
(ah, my favourite!! my gorgeous valve overdrive. set up for the sweet spot, when i dig in it really growls back. awesome tone.)
[b]eh double muff[/b]
(gritty punching upper mids in single muff mode. all out nastyness in double muff mode.)

then out of the looper to....

[b]bbe sonic stomp[/b]
(it's an optical soft knee compressor. very transparent. i don't have the comp up too high, just a touch but it really tightens up my p bass sound.)

there ya go. as you can see, i like my dirty sounds. on most gigs i normally use effects here and there to lift the bass (choruses, middle 8's and other peoples solos), where neccessary, of course. i am a believer in the 'less is more' approach to my bass and use of effects and my toys give me the flexibility i need.

any suggestions for a replacement for the boss odb3 are welcome. i'm looking for an overdrive rather than full on distortion.

[attachment=119530:pedal board 0912.JPG]
[/quote]

you've got some good stuff goin on their my friend, nice board. You've said gentle OD and assuming you are not wanting a fcuk off expensive Darkglass for that, then I would recommend Max's micro Red Dragon - very pedal board friendly 1590a size and good boost, tone, saturation.

Edited by RichF

thanks for the suggestion richf. i hadn't heard of sfx before. i just had a look at their site and i found a couple of audio clips of the red dragon on the tb website. i like it. that's convinced me that the odb3 has gotta go asap. i'll keep the red dragon very much in mind ;-)

Ok so recently replaced my MojoHand Cream Pie with a Darkglass B3K. Haven't tried it live yet, but saturday is fast approaching ;)

It's now a bit less colourful than before, but I got a feeling the change will be permanent!
[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Higgie123/Bass%20Stuff/My%20Rig/IMG_0592.jpg[/IMG]
Bass>Sadowsky Pre Amp/DI (Korg DT-10BK on Tuner Out)>Aguilar TLC>B3K

Thanks very much Shep! Will hopefully be getting another PT Nano soon, and filling it up with fuzzy goodness courtesy of the Iron Ether Oxide, some LOOOOOWWWWW end from an Aguilar Octamiser, and some funk from it's funky brother the Filter Twin...and Maybe a bit of Chorus from the Analogman Mini Chorus to spice things up a bit! Not decided on the line up yet...Will have to get my Micro Thumpinator on there too somehow...