Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1342031242' post='1728493']
Ohhhh that seems ace. Imagine the HH with moog stuff. Nom
[/quote]

There was a wee discussion on OBW when Will Cady revealed the HH3. I asked if it could be used with the moogs & he said yes, I tried to see if he wanted a swap (offered the wife too!), but he never confirmed it.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1342114443' post='1729900']

There was a wee discussion on OBW when Will Cady revealed the HH3. I asked if it could be used with the moogs & he said yes, I tried to see if he wanted a swap (offered the wife too!), but he never confirmed it.
[/quote]

Hah i remember that.

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1342112628' post='1729843']
What's that green pedal and the white at the top?
[/quote]

The green one is a [url="http://ews-us.com/item_bassmid.php"]BMC (Bass Mid Control) from EWS[/url] ... it's a semi-parametric mid control.

White one is a [url="http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/ProductInfo.asp?id=34"]Mooer 'Hustle Drive'[/url] ... allegedly it's an OCD clone.

Andy

Hi walbassist,

I’m really enjoying the Source Audio Pro gear, the pedals are simple in design, easy to use with great results. I do prefer the colour and the design on the box the pedals come in but that’s me being an arse :P haha

The BEF Pro is the goldmine so far for me out of the two, funky envelope filter through to LFO dubstep wobble (no hot hand needed). The sounds are clean, clear and there is alot editing possibilities with the on-board dials and back page menu. Ability to save 6 presents and have on-board EQ really helps.

It took me a while to come around to the MWD Pro, but I think this is because of my use/like of high gain distortion used in the past. I did read the info before buying but the sounds were almost too compressed for me at the start, but over time I’ve found this to be a real godsend (very clever thinking by the SA guys in hindsight). Like the BEF Pro, the sounds are clear and clean. Its pairs perfectly and brings out the best in the BEF Pro IMO without overkilling the BEF Pro.

Start to daisy chain these two together (or other SA pedals), plug in hot hand and-or expression pedal and its a whole new world of controlling whats going on and your sound.

Not had chance to use the MIDI IN yet.

For some of the sounds I’m going for, I’ve had to add a fuzz pedal or two. I've found the fuzz to really compliment the combination of the BEF Pro and the MWD Pro. I'm quite into putting fuzz inbetween the two pro pedals at the moment.

The Pro pedals have worked fine within the chain, no hum's, lack of sound etc.

I really like where the company is going with the Hot Hand3 and MIDI EXP Controller, very forward thinking allowing control of 3[sup]rd[/sup] party pedals.

Hope that helps / makes sense

My minimal board.

Home made at a cost of £1 for the paint, plus spare plywood I had hanging about.

Tuner -> Boss Ce-5 -> Boss CS-3 Compressor.

I will probably change the compressor for a better one (and maybe a true bypass tuner), but at the moment it gives me what I need.

I have a tranny amp, a Carlsboro Reactor 400, which is punchy and loud but you pretty much have to have a compressor in front of it as there seems to be no compression inherant in the amp at all. The CE-5 adds an extra thing behind the main clean bass tone.

Happy with my board? For now yes and it fits in a small case with all the cables too.

Postman love me today...

Fuzzrocious Grey Stache back from the US accompanies by a Fuzzrocious Broke Dick Peanut Gallery (Both with kid-paint option):
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/73800db0.jpg[/IMG]

And a DOD Meat Box... Finally!!!!! :)
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/5f51ab2f.jpg[/IMG]

cool - very interested to hear thoughts on the BDPG, not many clips online, but I used to have an electroniX submarine which I think this is based on, but with added gain, so could be a cracker...

and jesus, a meat box, neighbours and soundmen beware :)

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1342448356' post='1735168']
Congrats on the meat box shep- hope you didn't get stung for too much. They have been goin for £200+ on eBay!
[/quote]

Nah - I got a great price on it given the current rates and the fact it's boxed with the manual. The guy I bought it from did me a wicked price as he said my blog was inspiring and really wanted it to go to me so he could see it discussed in great detail and be on my board.

I was rather honoured.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1340996162' post='1712745']

Despite the tempting looking gap I don't think I'll get an eighth pedal on there without something hanging over the edge :)
[/quote]
Okay, so I was wrong ... turns out a Lovepedal trem has just the right connector configuration to fit that gap. Pics tonight :)