Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Made a rather small pedal board from a piece of mdf a couple of days ago

[url="http://postimage.org/image/gwusdeh0/"][/url]

[url="http://postimage.org/image/gwwfwqys/"][/url]

[url="http://postimage.org/image/gwzqzfyc/"][/url]

[url="http://postimage.org/image/gx1eisg4/"][/url]

[url="http://postimage.org/image/gx4plhfo/"][/url]

[url="http://postimage.org/image/gx3224xw/"][/url]

Here's two of my smaller gigging boards....first the mini - my bare essentials.

Then my PT junior for my "good" pedals, while I redo my massive board. (Probably won't have that done for another month or so)

In the photos, those are special cables built for me by William at WMD to control the Superfatman and Multiwave with the same Roland EV-5 expression pedal. The two pedals use different voltages for the expression jack so one end of the cable has a converter board for properly controlling the Fatman.

Edited by I am not excane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1101444' date='Jan 24 2011, 09:51 PM']Nice board.
How's the molten voltage whammy? I contacted them and never heard back from them.

The whammy is delicately balancing on my list of pedals to scrap. The bypass is HORRENDOUS and takes up too much space....but still sounds cool as hell.[/quote]
still havent had time to have a go on my modded whammy or the molten midi, having a blast on them both tonight, you should try getting back onto them, they got back to me really quickly.

[attachment=70252:DSC_7192.JPG]

Here is my modified BCB-60.

--------------> aux out> Korg Pitchblack
Line6 G50>|...........................> (Achannel) > OC2> ODB3> BF2
-------------> Main out >LS-2 >|------------------------------------>GEB7> AMP
.............................................> (Bchannel) > CH1> DD3

I've added a better power supply that gives out more juice and incorporated this into a 'kettle lead' socket on the side of the board.

The red lead is my emergency input cable if my G50 fails. I can quickly swap that into the input of the LS-2 and bang a lead into the main input on the pedal board.

I know it is Boss heavy but it does the trick. I've had some of these pedals laying around from when I was a guitarist. A part form the G50 I haven't pad more than £30 for a pedal and got the Boss BCB-60 dead cheap too.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1107412' date='Jan 29 2011, 05:43 PM']Big GAS for the Goatkeeper after watching your video; same for the octron. Their prices scare me however.[/quote]

It won't help at all but I uploaded another one today: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG_0Lqttgwo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG_0Lqttgwo[/url] :)

Let me know if there's any other features you want to see!

[quote name='citymariner' post='1106237' date='Jan 28 2011, 04:18 PM'][attachment=70252:DSC_7192.JPG]

Here is my modified BCB-60.

--------------> aux out> Korg Pitchblack
Line6 G50>|...........................> (Achannel) > OC2> ODB3> BF2
-------------> Main out >LS-2 >|------------------------------------>GEB7> AMP
.............................................> (Bchannel) > CH1> DD3

I've added a better power supply that gives out more juice and incorporated this into a 'kettle lead' socket on the side of the board.

The red lead is my emergency input cable if my G50 fails. I can quickly swap that into the input of the LS-2 and bang a lead into the main input on the pedal board.

I know it is Boss heavy but it does the trick. I've had some of these pedals laying around from when I was a guitarist. A part form the G50 I haven't pad more than £30 for a pedal and got the Boss BCB-60 dead cheap too.[/quote]

nice macbook pro

Here's my current board:

TU-2 > Wren & Cuff Phat Phuk B > Xotic BB Bass Preamp > Wren & Cuff Tri Pie 70 > Maxon AD9-Pro

really liking this, though not had a chance to try the phat phuk B into my tube amp yet so we'll have to see how that sounds.
Tri Pie 70 is the best muff i've ever used - awesome fuzz! Sorry for the rubbish camera phone pic, you can't see the naughty lady drawing on the fuzz pedal that clearly :)

Edited by GazWills

They finally arrived then? You'll have to let us know how that Phat Phuk is. Im on the lookout for a new 'always on' overdrive, and thats on my list. Ironically, im also looking at the BB Preamp too. Are you using it more as a mild distortion then with the Phat Phuk on the board too?

[quote name='deej' post='1111608' date='Feb 1 2011, 08:54 PM']They finally arrived then? You'll have to let us know how that Phat Phuk is. Im on the lookout for a new 'always on' overdrive, and thats on my list. Ironically, im also looking at the BB Preamp too. Are you using it more as a mild distortion then with the Phat Phuk on the board too?[/quote]

yeah, they got in over the weekend...

only been able to try the 2 wren and cuffs on my little practise amp, so can't really comment yet - tri pie does sound wicked though :)

i got the BB to replace my old bassdrive, wanted something a bit smaller, with a better EQ, and the BB does that. i use it for a realtively low gain o/d, and the plan for the phat B is to use for slightly gritty boosts in chorus/outro parts of songs, or to boost into the BB (this just adds more saturation to the distortion, so seems to work well for boosting the BB)

hopefully get my re-valved amp back this weekend so i can give 'em a proper try, will let you know. can't recommend the BB enough though, it's awesome. the phat B is 99% clean through a little s/s prac amp, hoping it'll come alive in front of my valve amp!

[quote name='GazWills' post='1110982' date='Feb 1 2011, 01:51 PM']Here's my current board:

TU-2 > Wren & Cuff Phat Phuk B > Xotic BB Bass Preamp > Wren & Cuff Tri Pie 70 > Maxon AD9-Pro

really liking this, though not had a chance to try the phat phuk B into my tube amp yet so we'll have to see how that sounds.
Tri Pie 70 is the best muff i've ever used - awesome fuzz! Sorry for the rubbish camera phone pic, you can't see the naughty lady drawing on the fuzz pedal that clearly :)[/quote]

That's a really smart PT mini. I'm interested to see what you think of the Wren & Cuff pedals. I have the old dark green pickle pie B and still love it, but the new ones look very tasty on the website.

This is my temporary board.
[attachment=70978:pb.jpg]

It lacks a Fulltone clone i'm having made by a DIYer friend, smaller and only with one channel to replace the one i currently have and probably a Pickle Pie B just to use the spare power plug :)
Ater i have all the pedals i'll build a new board, cutted to size and without those plastic braces, just velcro!
The signal chain is the one in my signature.

[quote name='harvey1-8' post='1113119' date='Feb 2 2011, 10:18 PM']That's a really smart PT mini. I'm interested to see what you think of the Wren & Cuff pedals. I have the old dark green pickle pie B and still love it, but the new ones look very tasty on the website.[/quote]

cheers - will hopefully give them a proper try out this weekend.

The new W&C pedals look ace, i was tempted by the pickle pie... also a bit gutted he announced the tall font russian about 5 days after my tri pie shipped :)