Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1144274' date='Feb 28 2011, 11:13 AM']Yeah I'd agree about the Octave section (that always jumps in volume even when the synth section id balanced) - I wish I'd known about the newer 3 dial version without as that looks as though you can scroll up and down through the patches rather than just up. Not had any issues with the software, however I hears its VERY funny about peoples computers, even if you blow the required spec out of the water it just decides if it likes the machine or not. Thankfully it likes my mac![/quote]

Hmmmm I've tried it on both my iMacs and a pc laptop with the same issue.... not good. yes I might see if I can try the new version somewhere and see if there is a change

Here's my very basic pedalboard, looking for more effects! I'm open to suggestions: playing everything from jazz improv to silly synth rock. Thinking about a Behringer BDI21, maybe replace the PD7 with a Big Muff Pi or similar, a tuner pedal. Any ideas for other pedals I haven't thought of?

[url="http://img841.imageshack.us/i/28022011420.jpg/"]http://img841.imageshack.us/i/28022011420.jpg/[/url]

Edited by JeSuisSkeleton

Sorry for bad quality pic.
The chain is:
behringer tuner -> boss syb-5 + exp pedal -> digitech xbw -> boss oc-3 -> boss odb-3 -> EHX russian muff -> Fuzzy cat ( wolly mammoth clone) -> boss ceb-3 -> boss lmb-3 -> diy bypass pedal which in loop has: (some noname distortion -> behringer mdx 2200, i use mdx for sidechain compression which is trigered by bass drum) -> ibanez de-7 (wasnt in my board when i made this picture) -> amp

[url="http://img823.imageshack.us/i/atvaizd037.jpg/"][/url]

We play indie/ nu rave with some electronics. We are only bass, guitar and drums in band, and are trying to get as much as we can out of three :)
I havent gigged with sidechain yet. Will have a big gig on friday so will be my first with it. I'll film it so could post after that.
As for trigger. First we tried triggering just by some mic but it was catching all other sounds too. So then we made diy trigger by wiring jack to piezo element which costs less than pund :) And actually it was brilliant :lol:

[quote name='callingltu' post='1145507' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:45 AM']As for trigger. First we tried triggering just by some mic but it was catching all other sounds too. So then we made diy trigger by wiring jack to piezo element which costs less than pund[/quote]

Do you manage to get that really 'pumping' sound with this compressor/sidechain set up?

Dan

[quote name='callingltu' post='1145277' date='Feb 28 2011, 07:00 PM'](some noname distortion)[/quote]

Onerr!! They come from Brazil (or at least they used to)

I thought I was the only one who had 3 of these pieces of **** sitting on my living room floor waiting to be sold. I picked them up on a huge closeout in a music store by me and I guess you get what you pay for.

I've finally managed to get the stuff I was after.

I was going to buy a bigger board to accommodate the delay and bypass but as I only use it for 1 out of 3 bands it made sense to convert an old mic box into a mini board.

Signal chain

Bass:

Tru Bypass
TC Nova Delay in bypass loop

TC Polytune
Sans Amp
EBS Chorus in Sans amp loop
EBS Octobass
EBS BassIQ

Well pleased
:)

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1145828' date='Mar 1 2011, 04:37 PM']Onerr!! They come from Brazil (or at least they used to)

I thought I was the only one who had 3 of these pieces of **** sitting on my living room floor waiting to be sold. I picked them up on a huge closeout in a music store by me and I guess you get what you pay for.[/quote]

Yeah its made in Brazil, i just couldnt remember its name :) This pedal has the worst bypass i've ever seen. When it's bypassed it lowers the volume of all chain and ads some silent high pitch noise. (thats the reason why it sits in bypass loop) And boy, it gets worse when its on :) With a lot of gain it is twice as noisy as metal zone or digitech death metal maxed out. Ou, and when you turn it off it makes funny "pooooop" sound :lol: The only reason why i use it is that i need high gain distortion with boss syb-5 and friend of mine gave this to me for free.
Strange thing is, that it's built quality is really good.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1146726' date='Mar 2 2011, 08:30 AM']How come you have the delay in a TB loop? Is the buffer no good?[/quote]

Hi Tom,

The buffer is the best I have heard on a delay, much better than the boss dd3 i sold but you can still hear a definite thinning of the bottom end when the loops engaged.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by cd_david

I've got a digital 4-track filling out the space at the moment, but it HAS been crying out for more pedals... I'm thinking either an octaver, a wah, or if i don't succeed in getting a nice fuzz from the sansamp ill be getting a metal muff. As long as I can get them without the missus finding out!

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1147851' date='Mar 2 2011, 11:09 PM']I've got a digital 4-track filling out the space at the moment, but it HAS been crying out for more pedals... I'm thinking either an octaver, a wah, or if i don't succeed in getting a nice fuzz from the sansamp ill be getting a metal muff. As long as I can get them without the missus finding out![/quote]
Yup, I'd agree on getting an octaver & a wah (or better still, an envelope filter).

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1147851' date='Mar 2 2011, 11:09 PM']I've got a digital 4-track filling out the space at the moment, but it HAS been crying out for more pedals... I'm thinking either an octaver, a wah, or if i don't succeed in getting a nice fuzz from the sansamp ill be getting a metal muff. As long as I can get them without the missus finding out![/quote]

Octaver and Fuzz is definitely a good plan. I'd avoid the Metal Muff though, never managed to get a remotely nice sound out of it, far too fizzy really. Either get one of the muff pi's or the bass one, or try out a Way Huge Swollen Pickle (awesome pedal).

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1147851' date='Mar 2 2011, 11:09 PM']...or if i don't succeed in getting a nice fuzz from the sansamp ill be getting a metal muff.[/quote]

The Sansamp wont give you fuzz, its really just overdrive/distortion. If you're on a budget then you cant really go wrong with the Bass Big Muff for fuzz.

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1147622' date='Mar 2 2011, 08:15 PM']My work in progress. Thoughts and recommendations welcome! :)[/quote]

How is the EHX Neo Clone treating you? I've not actually heard too much about it, if I'm honest. Good selection of pedals you have there, I'd definitely look into getting a fuzz.

I really like the Neo Clone, as far as I'm aware its the replacement for the Nano Clone that got so many bad reviews. Even though there's only a Rate knob and Deep switch it's pretty versatile, smooth analog chorus sound. True bypass as well :) Definately worth the £50 i paid for it new!

Think my next move will either be a nice fuzz, or an octaver. Still considering a wah even though i will probably never use it :)

Been meaning to post this for a while. Signal chain is:

Line 6 wireless > Custom Loop and Tuner Mute > (Loop out) > Custom Bass Boost > MXR Octave > Bass Big Muff > Small Stone > (Loop in) > SFX Thumpinator > Amp

The other stuff on there is a mic splitter (under the thumpinator), in-ears transmitter, 18v power converter for the in-ears, Diago power supply (under the converter). I'm also yet to put a mini mic pre-amp on there, which will squeeze on top of the in-ears next to the wireless. I wanted all this extra stuff actually on the board rather than elsewhere at the back of the stage, makes things much simpler!!!

The MXR Octave is the only one of the four effects that isn't being upgraded at some point, although I plan on putting it in a blended loop (don't know where that will go though!!) similar but simpler to the x&m as Octaving the low D string (I'm 99% of the time in drop D) is unnecessary and the tracking struggles a bit lower than the A. The Bass Boost is great but I shall tweak it until I die probably. The Muff is being replaced by a home-made Green Russian clone with a clean blend. The Small Stone, as much as I love it, will ultimately be replaced by a home-made Phase 100 with umpteen mods on it. That's all pipeline stuff though, and my wife recently giving birth has hampered my bid for total home-made glory. Haha! Tuner is out of line obviously as I found it sapped like a mofo! Was going to get the pitch black but simply added a tuner output on the loop pedal so the tuner is completely separate.

Thumpinator. If you don't have one, buy one. First thing I would replace if this lot got stolen.

im blaming this thread for my new pedal board! should have pic of it soon just trying to get the last few pedal together!

its in a thread on here but heres what it is!

i swear i used to have a tuner and that was it! and ill probs still add a wah in there somewhere!

andy

Edited by 0175westwood29