Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Thanks for the comments..much appreciated. I have been in touch with OBBM got a good quote for the right cables I need. Very helpful chap. I will probably hang off for a sec until I have finalised the finished layout/pedals etc..As I said somewhere before I would like an OC-2, also I am running the Hm on the clean channel to give a balls out sound for the end of the likes of Stockholm syndrome, doubling up 2 different types of distortion on different rigs definitely gets closer to the original sound but I might swap for it for a bass big muff or Russian big muff in the future. Once i have it sorted I will no doubt go down the OBBM route.

With regard to the simple plug and play..it's an absolute godsend! I have to rig up our mac/ IEMs and other stuff at rehearsal as well and so anything that saves time is a bonus.

If anyone does want a bespoke board, and you have a design in mind, then feel free to PM me for a price. If I can help out I will.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the Slap Bass pedal?

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='1052201' date='Dec 8 2010, 10:35 PM']

All my dirt pedals and the OC-2 and GR thrown in for good measure. I'm trying to decide which ones to get rid of. Ath moment I'm thinking Mastotron and CP, the UF-01 just does everything they can and more.[/quote]

[quote name='1976fenderhead' post='1052236' date='Dec 8 2010, 11:00 PM']Wow man, good to know it arrived ok and you're that happy with it :)[/quote]

I was just about to PM you actually, yea it arrived today, absolutely loving it cheers.

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1052265' date='Dec 8 2010, 11:37 PM']What is the Slap Bass pedal?[/quote]

Weird is what it is. It's sort of a compressor with a drive control. The drive is really crisp and clanky. It basically turns any bass into a jazz with new roundwounds on. It perfectly preserves dynamics (hence I assume why they called it the slap bass), it's very weird, I've never come across another pedal like it. I recorded some samples that I think are somewhere on the net, I'll have a looksee for them.

Edited by bobbass4k

My Drum & Bass project moved into our new rehearsal space tonight. Got my gear set up so it's just plug in and play...

Board hasn't changed too much, but the application of expression pedals etc is a little different and it's powered more efficiently now. The space on the board should of been filled with my Myrtle Effects Corvid Fuzz.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1059124' date='Dec 14 2010, 11:09 PM']That goes for anyone really![/quote]

Dont let strangers in your house! Theres got to be at least one BCer that'll try and steal that board and sell it for crack.

Well,finished my board a few days ago.

Goes like this:

EBS Stanley Clarke Wah-> Chunk Systems AGENT 00FUNK MARK II -> EBS MultiComp-> EBS OctaBass -> T Rex OCTAVIUS -> EBS MultiDrive -> Malekko B:AssMaster -> PiggyFX Bass Boar -> ANALOG BI-CHORUS W/ Depth Options -> EBS TremoLo -> Malekko EKKO 600D -> Aguilar AG500SC+DB112+DB112NT

:)

[quote name='GilGB' post='1062033' date='Dec 17 2010, 10:08 PM']Well,finished my board a few days ago.

Goes like this:

EBS Stanley Clarke Wah-> Chunk Systems AGENT 00FUNK MARK II -> EBS MultiComp-> EBS OctaBass -> T Rex OCTAVIUS -> EBS MultiDrive -> Malekko B:AssMaster -> PiggyFX Bass Boar -> ANALOG BI-CHORUS W/ Depth Options -> EBS TremoLo -> Malekko EKKO 600D -> Aguilar AG500SC+DB112+DB112NT

:)[/quote]

How does the T-rex Octavius work with bass? I'm thinking about buying it, but the cheapest one I can find is €235 @ Rockpalace Den Haag (yes, i'm from holland), and i haven't got so much money to spend at the moment..

Hey Cloff,I think the Octavius is pretty much the best Polyphonic Octaver.
If you put the Octavius up against the EHX Micro POG i think it really beats it.
It sounds way more natural,the octave up is awesome and doesn't sound ridicilous like with the MPOG.

The great question is if you really want the Octavius sound?
As you can see i got for myself 2 octavers for 2 different porposes,I use the Octavius for this sort of "Organ" sound/ Sitar sound with my fretless and i use the EBS OctaBass for that really fat sound.

What can i say about the Octavius in generally?
Great Tracking,It sounds way better then i thought,i have been thinking for a long time to get myself a MPog or a POG2 and it really wins both of 'em.

About the price,i paid here in Israel(Yep...Yeah i know...) 1490 Shekels here which is something like 310 Euros(CRAZY!!!) but here MPOG and Octavius are the same price.

Hope i helped you man.

Well, I tested a Micro Pog once with a Big John Hairy Balls behind it and that was one of the nicest "driven 8-string" sound i've ever heard, but then i saw the T-rex Octavius on YouTube and that sound i heard then was way better than the MPOG.

Another question; what kind of patch cables do you use? They look quite reliable.