Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Tayste - when I was playing bass i'd gig about two or three times a month. I've never come accross a venue without a DI for bass, and i've never owned a DI box. I've always used the pre-amp output on my amp when a DI box isn't available in the studio. I just run that to the desk. I suppose i'd do the same live.

It makes sense to always be prepared though. I'm not criticising, just wondering.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='970336' date='Sep 28 2010, 08:37 AM']It makes sense to always be prepared though. I'm not criticising, just wondering.[/quote]

Same here, I'm currently gigging about 10 - 15 times a month in an originals band and the margin for error on the venues part goes through the roof.

We've got to places with no xlr's, or mic stands they do oddly have mics though.

Maybe we've always been lucky?! But also i've been gigging a lot less than you, so i'd not need to be that prepared, or at least never realised i'd need to be that prepared.

We played a sh*t pub in Stoke with no gear before actually. We turned up and they literally had nothing for the gig, and wanted to cancel it. We'd sold so many tickets and it was such late notice that I drove back to my studio and grabbed our sh*t PA and a few amps to try and cobble it together. It kind of worked.

Edited by cheddatom

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='970497' date='Sep 28 2010, 11:27 AM']I turned up one place and the promoter said "A what, A P A? What's that needed for? Don't the singers bring their own?"[/quote]

Awesome! Hahah. I've managed to avoid any quite this bad recently but it's happened before.

Best one was a brand new venue (ended up being open for 2 weeks total) that was literally a tunnel the width of 2 guitar cabs and a bass cab. Drummer had to go in front with everything piled up on top of the cabs. We ended up taking up over half the room and being told to turn down so much we couldn't hear anything except drums, anywhere. Vocal mics hat to be taped to the roof and hung down for the singers.

Then at the end of the gig they offered to sell us the recording of the show for £50!!!

[quote name='TomTFS' post='970535' date='Sep 28 2010, 11:56 AM']Awesome! Hahah. I've managed to avoid any quite this bad recently but it's happened before.

Best one was a brand new venue (ended up being open for 2 weeks total) that was literally a tunnel the width of 2 guitar cabs and a bass cab. Drummer had to go in front with everything piled up on top of the cabs. We ended up taking up over half the room and being told to turn down so much we couldn't hear anything except drums, anywhere. Vocal mics hat to be taped to the roof and hung down for the singers.

Then at the end of the gig they offered to sell us the recording of the show for £50!!![/quote]

Ah but if you sound good their you sound good anywhere

[quote name='cheddatom' post='970630' date='Sep 28 2010, 01:26 PM']Christ, what kind of venues are you playing!?![/quote]

Everything from small pubs, to outdoor festivals. Your problem generally comes from new venues and new promoters. New promoters in particular that just think all you need is an idea and a myspace page.

But often you don't know its bad until your there dealing with an idiot, hence why we bring everything we need to perform.

It still beats the time we were nearly shot in America, should really open a tour stories thread.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='970694' date='Sep 28 2010, 02:12 PM']Everything from small pubs, to outdoor festivals. Your problem generally comes from new venues and new promoters. New promoters in particular that just think all you need is an idea and a myspace page.

But often you don't know its bad until your there dealing with an idiot, hence why we bring everything we need to perform.

It still beats the time we were nearly shot in America, should really open a tour stories thread.[/quote]

:) YES you should!!

Still not much change, famous last words I know but I'm liking this setup:

I need to get some proper patch cables to replace the bcrappy brightly coloured place holders, but that's pretty much it, might re-add a trem too (sold the seek-trem for a quick cash injection and i'm missing it).

Edited by bobbass4k

[quote name='mike f' post='972148' date='Sep 29 2010, 10:16 PM']My first pedal board.

Your opinions and comments are quite welcome!

Mike

[attachment=60232:DSC_0133.jpg][/quote]

Got some good pedals there for a first board. Give it a couple of months and you'll have hundreds of pedals you dont need, its just too addictive!

at the moment yes as my wireless has had some moments so as the PB+ has to inputs i can keep a lead handy, switch and still have all my board.

It takes up more real estate than alternatives though and if i was buying again i would just have got the PB or TC. Great tuner though andvery useful if you are using two basses :)