Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

2 hours ago, jimbartlett said:

My latest incarnation. I use IEMs and DI straight to the desk for live.

Bit gutted the TU-3 isn’t in the same theme! 😄

IMG_0037.jpeg

The Waza Craft flavour on might get you a littl closer...

image.thumb.png.b38cf6b5bdb3f3b77fad7c942dbd0911.png

• Like 3

Put the Boss Tuner in place of the Korg Tuner

added the Crowther Prunes and Custard…quite an interesting pedal. Not entirely sure on it yet. 

The Diamond SGFX Comp/EQ is a very good pedal for limiting or tone enhancement. It’s enough of an upgrade to push the old BCP-1 off my board ( still can’t bring myself to sell it though)

PXL_20231210_100245812.thumb.jpg.6a5df8a908b61506e98646e00725d0b3.jpg

This is a new fairly new board for me, graduating from a Orange Bass Butler > Way Huge Swollen Pickle > DOD Rubberneck > Element to what you see above.

Chain is Tuner > Beta > Jam Rattler > Demhe > SY300 > EQD Afterneath clone > Element.

Only had one rehearsal with it so far (context: I play in a loud rock/psych/post-hardcore band) but pleasantly surprised by the Beta V, which has not made me miss the Bass Butler that much. I'm still to learn the full capability of the LPF - in fact our drummer said having the switch to 1 sounded like I was playing in the other room - so still trying to find my way with that one. Keeping it neutral on 0 felt like the best place so far.

The pedal I thought would be a slam dunk but has left me a touch disappointed is the Rattler. Done a fair bit of knob-twiddling with the blend but still getting a bit lost in the mix. However I love the secondary switch to go full-gain for those heavier parts, so will be staying in the board for now. Quite easy to accidentally engage that switch, mind..

Enjoying the Demhe, it's a bit more velcro-y than the Swollen Pickle, which I did really like but there is only really one setting for that and it is big booming bassy fuzz. So needed something a little more versatile.

Boss SY300 is brand new so haven't had the chance to get it in the rehearsal room yet. But mainly looking to use it as a multi-fx and an all-round ambience creator than a straight synth. Sounds good so far, and have been able to make just simple chorus / flanger / phaser patches (after some YouTube tutorials).

Afterneath clone is great (bought from a DIY pedal maker on The Fretboard). Had the real thing before and this sounds just as good. For me, Afterneath is the best reverb on bass.

Element is the Element, had it for ages now and don't see myself ever getting rid of it. Cab sim, headphone out, DI out for live performance, and plug it into the laptop to record straight into a DAW. Brilliant tool.

• Like 8

Quick shot until a better one can be had... didn't realise how blurry this was until it was too late 🤦‍♂️

Zip on my pedaltrain snapped and it was cheaper to change the board than the bag!  Went with one of the new Donner ones for a bit more space... it came literally half an hour before I left for our gig at the Newcastle AC Milan match so hastily threw this together...

Addition of the Joyo monomyth last minute as an EQ and drive/back up preamp... but nothing is kicking my Digbeth off the board, that thing is unbelievable! I got some power outputs the wrong way so SOMETHING was running at 18v instead of 9v but no idea what... sounded IMMENSE in my in-ears though, but needless to say re-cabling will be done! Will most likely move the 1spot too, not many mounting options underneath unfortunately though...

20231213_184012.thumb.jpg.6147b21ce148688959f7166808806bd4.jpg

Edited by thisisswanbon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

You went for it! :)

Indeed! I was umming and ahing about getting one before my next run of gigs in February and then I noticed that Bass Direct seemed to be selling out of the things. I wondered when they would be back in stock and how much they would cost, so I pulled the trigger.  I rang up and apparently, I got the last one they had in at the time (Marcus said that there had been a bit of a run on them)! However, I noticed that they immediately re-stocked and have them back on sale at the same price... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

Quick shot until a better one can be had... didn't realise how blurry this was until it was too late 🤦‍♂️

Zip on my pedaltrain snapped and it was cheaper to change the board than the bag!  Went with one of the new Donner ones for a bit more space... it came literally half an hour before I left for our gig at the Newcastle AC Milan match so hastily threw this together...

Addition of the Joyo monomyth last minute as an EQ and drive/back up preamp... but nothing is kicking my Digbeth off the board, that thing is unbelievable! I got some power outputs the wrong way so SOMETHING was running at 18v instead of 9v but no idea what... sounded IMMENSE in my in-ears though, but needless to say re-cabling will be done! Will most likely move the 1spot too, not many mounting options underneath unfortunately though...

20231213_184012.thumb.jpg.6147b21ce148688959f7166808806bd4.jpg

Sweet board! Love the old school Octabvre mini. It was probably the Jive or the Cali76 running at 18v. Anything else would've been burnt out!

4 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

Sweet board! Love the old school Octabvre mini. It was probably the Jive or the Cali76 running at 18v. Anything else would've been burnt out!

Cheers man!  I tried an OC5 to replace it recently, and have come to the conclusion that nothing will...  I think it may have been a 3 link daisy chain running from 1 outlet, which worryingly finishes with the Joyo Monomyth! 😬... Gonna do a full cable retrace this weekend methinks

Welp, I got another board. For the last year or so I've been using a Schmidt Array 350XDM as my main board, and though it looks very cool and everyone drools over it, its VERY heavy, and I'm hardly using the potential of the Atom, even with my electronically inspired jazz trio. So I'm testing out a pedal train Classic JR. The aim is a reasonable size and weight to allow for the optimum number of pedals to cover all bases, plus some wiggle room size-wise (considered a metro 24 but it wouldn't have allowed for any shuffling).

I think this will cover any wedding gig, plus my original stuff, and there's room on the lower half to add a 4th pedal (provided it has top mount jacks), or swap out the C4 for something else as required.

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

• Like 8

Finished my back-up/‘fly board’ last night:

62E9D9E5-1F4D-4B68-AB00-BFBC87CA2C0F.thumb.jpeg.48406dea978a2a0bfa57805cf0aa3dbb.jpeg

Tuner -> Fuzzdog Tall Font -> MXR Octave -> Corona Chorus -> CAPO

All powered by a Cioks SOL on a Pedaltrain Nano.

Sounds great, and a purposefully smaller package (less pedals tbf) than my main Noble board.

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 6

I finally indulged myself in the last 4 months by building a board that is over the top and entirely unnecessary, but I love it! Particularly when I'm in an experimental mood. 20231220_123931.thumb.jpg.7b6df727d2721baca036db517fa81d23.jpg

Bottom right to top left signal flow, but upper row is designed so that I can either run it all into the front of the amp, or run the tremolo,delay,verb and slicer through the FX loop on the amp, and the bottom row into the preamp.

Pedal choice? Peterson tuner, anniversary edition picked up mint off eBay, into Walrus Mira compressor, then DOD Meatbox (guilty pleasure pedal) into the amazing Fallout Cloud fuzz from Thorpyfx (it sounds soooo good on bass!). Then Jam Waterfall bass chorus and Walrus Polychrome Flanger. Modulation goodness all round!

Top row starts with JHS 3 Series Harmonic Trem - for me this is a bit of a one trick pony, I have a particular trem effect I like and that's where it stays! Historically I like the Boss TR-2, but the JHS gives you volume control, which is the clincher for me. Then comes the delay to end all delays - the Rose! Oh boy, I've barely scratched the surface! Many future voyages of discovery to be enjoyed... After this the Catalinbread Talisman Plate Reverb. I don't use it alot, but it sometimes adds some ambient 'sauce' and the HPF means my 5 string doesn't play havoc with it. Finally another purely fun choice - the SL-2 slicer. One additional feature that is fun to play with is that the Slicer has a creditable tremolo setting, so with a trem pedal either side of the verb, I can, without changing the board, play tremolo into verb and vice versa. 

Point to note - its a purely mono signal path that I don't intend to record with, it's just for fun and noodling into the Laney Nexus head and PJB compact 4 at home.

I'm having a ball this Christmas...neighbours are not so sure 😂

• Like 9

Power supply is from a 1 Spot CS7.

Observant folks will query that it only has 7 outputs for 10 pedals - three of the pedals (Mira compressor, Fallout Cloud & Waterfall) are daisy chained through the Peterson Tuner. No noise issues thankfully. The Catalinbread reverb occupies the 18v output. The Rose gets one of the two 500ma outputs, and the Peterson chained with the three analog pedals takes the other 500ma output. Potential for two more low power pedals via the daisy chain, but I think I've got everything I need for now!!!