Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Spector CRFM Emerald Green - SOLD
£750

2elliot

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1468065244' post='3088385']
Bought as a stop gap until a Warwick SS1 was found. I now have a Stage 1 so the Spector is going...

Early 2000 ish solid maple Wings, Schaller Machine Heads including drop D extender, EMG pickups and 3 band circuit, high power output. Very rare Emerald Green colour.

This bass has definitely had a life, there's a thread on this site regarding the original import from the USA, it goes on to say the bass had been turned into a fretless at some stage. The person that imported it had the bass re fretted, it's also had the machine heads repositioned, I guess in the Warwick style and then returned back to original.

It has the odd mark/knock and lacquer is missing from the end of the frets. I was planning on having the frets dressed and the edge of the fret board tidied up but decided against it.

It still in decent condition and looks great. I'm based in the North East but will deliver to most places in the North by hand. I do not have a hard case for this bass so will not post.

I'm looking for 700 ono. If you want it dropping off I'll be needing fuel money.
[/quote]

Bought as a stop gap until a Warwick SS1 was found. I now have a Stage 1 so the Spector is going...

Early 2000 ish solid maple Wings, Schaller Machine Heads including drop D extender, EMG pickups and 3 band circuit, high power output. Very rare Emerald Green colour.

This bass has definitely had a life, there's a thread on this site regarding the original import from the USA, it goes on to say the bass had been turned into a fretless at some stage. The person that imported it had the bass re fretted, it's also had the machine heads repositioned, I guess in the Warwick style and then returned back to original.

It has the odd mark/knock and lacquer is missing from the end of the frets. I was planning on having the frets dressed and the edge of the fret board tidied up but decided against it.

It still in decent condition and looks great. I'm based in the North East but will deliver to most places in the North by hand. I do not have a hard case for this bass so will not post.

I'm looking for 650 ono. If you want it dropping off I'll be needing fuel money.

Edited by 2elliot

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a steal for the money. Do me/us a favour...have you got a link to the original thread you're referring to? I'd be interested to see some closer shots of the back of the headstock (where the machines were moved about) and the condition of the refret.

Thanks
P

Edited by NancyJohnson

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1470904620' post='3109212']
...a nugget of purest Green.
[/quote]

Nothing really to add to this thread except that that was one of the finest moments in the history of British comedy...

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1471030381' post='3110160']
Oh, Edmund. Can it be true?...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180734-fs-spector-euro-4-crfm-in-trans-green-withdrawn/"]Original Thread[/url]
[/quote]

Haha ....

Seriously guys - great guy to deal with, great bass, great price - Why is this still here???

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1470908416' post='3109247']
I know this is a steal for the money. Do me/us a favour...have you got a link to the original thread you're referring to? I'd be interested to see some closer shots of the back of the headstock (where the machines were moved about) and the condition of the refret.

Thanks
P
[/quote]

I think this is it - the bass is a CRFM, Spector don't make a CRM as far as I know :

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180734-fs-spector-euro-4-crfm-in-trans-green-withdrawn/

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1471324676' post='3112077']

I think this is it - the bass is a CRFM, Spector don't make a CRM as far as I know :

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/180734-fs-spector-euro-4-crfm-in-trans-green-withdrawn/
[/quote]

Cheers for the bump. That's the same link I posted earlier in this very thread.

Now... who wants to talk cash offers?

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1471635743' post='3114724']

Cheers for the bump. That's the same link I posted earlier in this very thread.

Now... who wants to talk cash offers?
[/quote]

Sorry for re-posting. The link didn't show up very clearly on mobile :(

Might be worth changing the thread title to the correct model name as it'll help with external Google searches :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1471642548' post='3114788']
Sorry for re-posting. The link didn't show up very clearly on mobile :(

Might be worth changing the thread title to the correct model name as it'll help with external Google searches :)
[/quote]

Cheers I'll update the title.

Edited by 2elliot