Why become a member? ×

Jeff Berlin interview Bass Magazine

Prosebass

I haven't read the interview, only reason is..... I don't buy mags, still on Jeffs side though! Who cares what somebody looks like....fair enough on the gags and piss taking but as usual a thread just fizzles out on too many sh*te jokes.

Did Ross leave? :)

[quote name='Prosebass' post='295826' date='Sep 30 2008, 08:04 PM']In case we have all forgot the original opening post is above.

All I wanted to draw attention to is the fact that he has a very inexpensive bass and rig and just concentrates on playing.
Whether he is a cock or not has no bearing on the fact that he has achieved a lot in his genre with very modest means....apart from his talent, or lack of it depending on which side of the fence you sit.

Would anyone like to comment on his modest rig.......[/quote]

I quite like his tone, if that's Markbass, then tidy darts. I'm with him on the 4 string thing too :)

[quote name='Jase' post='295834' date='Sep 30 2008, 08:08 PM']I haven't read the interview, only reason is..... I don't buy mags, still on Jeffs side though! Who cares what somebody looks like....fair enough on the gags and piss taking but as usual a thread just fizzles out on too many sh*te jokes.

Did Ross leave? :)[/quote]

+1 on that

And with that I think a moderator should close this........please...

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='294251' date='Sep 28 2008, 11:18 PM']I think casual & polite conversation over a few glasses of cabernet with Ms. Spalding would be nice. Macca can foot the bill while Jeff noodles in the corner.

"Barman, a glass of merlot and a triple vodka and tonic for the lady please" :)[/quote]

Oooh, nice! Unfortunately her bass is bigger than mine so I may develop an inferiority complex and be unable to perform....(who said "for a change" ????) . Oh, and I was talking about [i]playing[/i] of course... :huh:

[quote name='urb' post='295803' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:43 PM']that's a little harsh, it actually makes him look American...[/quote]

[attachment=14173:Bobby_Small_Colour.jpg] [size=4]?[/size] :)

Edited by nick

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='295631' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:01 PM']WILLY :)[/quote]
<snigger>
Blimey I go away and have a life for a bit and then come back and now look, Aargh - (or whoever) - has chipped off and everyone's complaining...
Seriously though, it seems there have been an awful toys thrown out of prams completely unnecessarily, some of you really need to chill out, it's just a thread on a forum for heaven's sake.
I wrote a ranty thing, which wasn't entirely serious, and then a - I thought - rather eloquent defence, TBBC and Mr Dude have a chuckle about trainers and you all think we're 12!
Good grief... :huh:

[quote name='ARGH' post='295687' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:47 PM']No I just think this site starting to serve fewer and fewer people everyday. Its becoming TOO big,The same things (Clips,vids,threads) keep coming up and the SAME sh*tehurling occurs....over musical taste,style,wood choice,Bass choice (P's Vs J's....PLEASE NO MORE)..String number (Old and dead).

respect works both ways,but sometimes its getting tedious.....right now is one of those times...I wont let some 18/20 something f***tard with a firewood Japcrap tell me what I should listen too,neither will I bow to "I own X make of instrument so therefor my opinion counts" type crap either,Im just as bad,as I just use this place to let off steam after a day at work.

Thats why I tend to enjoy Finnbass a bit more,less buttkissing,more gags,and generally more actual info about a question (and a good few DIY tips too)...Just wish there was a bit more going on......

...So thats me off then...thanks for the memories folks,have a good day!

XRX[/quote]

I don't read bass guitar magazines so all I know about Jeff Berlin is what I've learnt from Youtube in the last few minutes. I've concluded that he plays cheesy music and he looks like Super Mario.

Paul McCartney, on the other hand, I have heard of. He's that bloke who wrote some of the best pop songs ever. Yeah he wrote some throwaway tripe like 'Get Back' but I think it's offset by Eleanor Rigby, For No One, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Yesterday, etc.

I know whose musical brain I'd rather pick, but for all I know they could both be proper twats.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='293852' date='Sep 28 2008, 01:05 PM']He's a cock.[/quote]

I can confirm this. Met him at a music show once showcasing the excellent Markbass amps.
He was rude arrogant and unfriendly. I bought a Markbass amp a year or so later in spite of the miserable fat basstard.
I gather his music isn't great either. He strikes me as one of these musician's musicians whose "stardom" only exist in guitar magazines, on forums and on their own websites.

[quote name='blamelouis' post='294347' date='Sep 29 2008, 09:53 AM']Joe Frazier rnd 2 and Dixie are great tracks but nothing stands out in recent years.

p.s. avoid "tears in heaven" like the plague !!!!!

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aw3BV7V7ZbQ&feature=related"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aw3BV7V7ZbQ&...feature=related[/url] ..........Nuff said ![/quote]

The GIT sign is very apt. Should have an arrow pointing right though.

[quote name='lonestar' post='300867' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:16 PM']He strikes me as one of these musician's musicians whose "stardom" only exist in guitar magazines, on forums and on their own websites.[/quote]Well, it's all relative. After all, people like Slags Aloud and the Spice Gurners are international superstars instantly recognisable by millions. Unfortunately.
I can well believe that Mr.Berlin's arrogance extends into real life too though.... sad to say, but it's not surprising that he was rude to you. :)

Never previously having heard of Jeff Berlin, I stayed away from this thread until today. Then I was lucky enough to have a drink last night with someone who actually knows the guy, so I settled down 20 minutes ago to read through the thread.

Ye Gods And Little Fishes.

What a pointless, dispiriting and unfunny exercise.

That is all.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='302118' date='Oct 8 2008, 12:59 PM']Never previously having heard of Jeff Berlin, I stayed away from this thread until today. Then I was lucky enough to have a drink last night with someone who actually knows the guy, so I settled down 20 minutes ago to read through the thread.

Ye Gods And Little Fishes.

What a pointless, dispiriting and unfunny exercise.

That is all.[/quote]

You still read it.

And then commented on it.