Why become a member? ×

The Pretender - Foo Fighters

Nicko

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1453222062' post='2957579']
I really like playing Long Road To Ruin from this album, really nice bass in it, nothing flashy, just works
[/quote]

Really fun and satisfying tune to play that one, I didn't really care for the song until I learned the bass part.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1453222062' post='2957579']
I really like playing Long Road To Ruin from this album, really nice bass in it, nothing flashy, just works
[/quote]

Great song, we used to play it in the covers band, never went down well for some reason so sadly we dropped it but it was one i really liked playing, we were doing Times Like These which stayed around in the set longer than any other Foo's songs we played, I would certainly look at The Pretender in future covers bands

I loved learning the bass part for this one. I also used a volume to pedal to mimic the cello part at the start of the song. Sadly our singer couldn't manage the vocals so it never sounded right and we had to reluctantly drop it. One day I'd love do it agin. We used to do Times Like These and DOA, which were great fun to play.

Although not a huge Foo Fighters fan I absolutely love The Pretender. We tried it with my old band, but never got past the rehearsal stage. I used to love playing the bass line or singing BVs on it, but doing both together was a bit beyond me.
Plus the rest of the band found it a bit challenging too, so we never got it out of the rehearsal room
Shame, I would have loved to have done it.

We did The Pretender in my previous covers band. Performed it live many times, always went down well. Didn't slavishly follow the original bass line, concentrated on getting the rhythm right, Lots of sliding down the E string. Our female BV took lead on that, suited her voice well.