Why become a member? ×

Who do you prefer vocally - The Who or The Beatles?

The-Ox

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1449787601' post='2926964']
The really are different things. Comparing apples and oranges comes to mind.
[/quote]

More than that, as both bands changed so drastically over the years. You can't really compare vocally "Can't Explain" with "Won't Get Fooled Again" and likewise you can't do it with "Love Me Do" with "A Day in the Life"

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1449828249' post='2927198']You can't really compare vocally "Can't Explain" with "Won't Get Fooled Again" and likewise you can't do it with "Love Me Do" with "A Day in the Life"
[/quote]

Aaw, come on! This is Basschat - we can compare anything with anything else!! :ph34r:

This has to win the most unusual thread of the year prize. It's a question that would have never entered my head. :)

I would say Beatles but that's probably more to do with the song writing, arrangement and harmonies. Tbh a lot of the Who's "album fillers" leave me cold.

All imho of course :)

Quadrophenia is one of my favourite albums,but Tommy is just awful in my opinion. I am not much of a Beatles fan. Daltrey has a better rock singing voice, and Beatles were more pop for me, so difficult to say.
Neither are as good as Steve Marriot in my opinion

Edited by timmo

haha yep Norris it is unusual, the question just came up in my head so thought I'd ask ahah :)

Steve Marriot is class

Tommy played live made for a great concert, it certainly overshadows the studio version. I just don't think the Beatle's singing evokes as much emotion as The Who, Daltrey gives it his all on every track - agreed he's more suited to rock and The Beatles being better suited to pop

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1449842418' post='2927408']
If you want to compare harmonies, listen to the Who playing surfer music, they are pretty unreal......

:)
[/quote]

Keith can hit the high notes in Barbara Ann alright! In fact, Pictures of Lily is a great one where all 4 are singing at once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeOxr7gB8HA