Why become a member? ×

J*st*n B**b*r

colgraff

I was going to say it says more about the people that bought his music, but then who am i to judge on what others like.

My dad detested the ' racket ' that i listened to as young un.

I dont get that sort of cr*p , but its not cr*p to those who like it, and my dad didn't get the ' racket' i liked back in the day. he still doesn't :( :)

I find them all annoying but thats down to the amount of airtime his songs get, and that was my actual point.

I think weve got to a point of information overload where people are resisting choice, like theyve become comfortable putting 'x' artists album on and considering it 2015's greatest hits. They dont want choice I find. Current production and styles of pop arent interesting or personal enough for many mainstream fans/kids/teens to delve into what music is. They've had talent shows on TV and Simon Cowell in their ear long enough to give up on real intrigue into music, its soo easy to access 'the best' pop music that alot of people have become saturated with so little.
I dont think his music is soo good that those three songs really credit they're position, but as far as the charts go for being a popularity contest, its hardly supprising either. Probably a bogof black Friday deal that his ipad beliebers couldnt resist. - Im hating the game as much as him.

Edited by Left Foot

I suppose it is the prerogative of pop stars to be pretentious and irritating and it is the prerogative of everyone over 30 to find them so. I understand there was no shortage of middle-aged+ people who found the Beatles vastly annoying at the time, for one example.

he sells records because there are millions of teenagers who buy his records. i wouldn't want to take away what they enjoy. i would hate if anyone dissed Shakin Stevens when i was 10. :D

anyone seen him play the drums. ? he's a bad ass on the sticks.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='colgraff' timestamp='1449277894' post='2922269']
While I am no fan of Mr. Bieber, he should be given due credit for having singles at numbers 1,2 and 4 in the charts. That is a very impressive, if not unparalleled, achievement.
[/quote]

why credit him? why not the writers producers and marketing team? in the big shceme of things he probably comes quite low down the list of talent/skill/endeavour credits list after all those in the background who keep him in the spotlight

just mho of course :ph34r:

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1449400248' post='2923128']
why credit him? why not the writers producers and marketing team? in the big shceme of things he probably comes quite low down the list of talent/skill/endeavour credits list after all those in the background who keep him in the spotlight

just mho of course :ph34r:
[/quote]
But this is true of everyone. Even the most industrious singer/songwriters don't make it alone. They also are part of a much bigger team and need the contacts, marketing skills, etc. Also, the performer is the one whose name goes up in lights; we talk about Elvis, not Lieber and Stoller.

My 9 year old daughter said at dinner the other day "I don't like Justin bieber", "that's cos he's a bell end" was my reflex response.

My wife didn't seem to think that was the best thing to say but I stand by my comments and glad my daughter has taste!

My 9 year old daughter said at dinner the other day "I don't like Justin bieber", "that's cos he's a bell end" was my reflex response.

My wife didn't seem to think that was the best thing to say but I stand by my comments and glad my daughter has taste!