Why become a member? ×

Anyone else done this?

Luulox

I decided to sell my custom made Letts bass because i hadn't played it for ages, been using a E series Jazz that i love. Plugged the Letts in to test it out and absolutely blown away with how great it sounded and it also played lovely! Decided within about 2 minutes that It is definitely staying with me. It is light, perfectly balanced and as a range of tones that are all usable, feels like it was made for me (which obviously it was lol). I cant for the life of me remember why i stopped playing it! Very bizarre.
Any one else had this experience?

Cheers

Pete

I think that there might be a few here who will be unhappy with Mr Letts for taking their money and not delivering on their orders...if he had there might be a few more agreeing with you.

As for plugging in a forgotten love and being pleasantly surprised - happens regularly - most recently with my Bass Collection Nanyos...good isn't it??

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1445965803' post='2895767']
Never.
Not owned a Letts and an E Series Jazz, so that may explain it.
:mellow:
[/quote]

I was hoping people would substitute a bass of their own and not be so literal. I will make it clearer next time

Cheers

Pete

[quote name='Luulox' timestamp='1445958647' post='2895704']
I decided to sell my custom made Letts bass because i hadn't played it for ages, been using a E series Jazz that i love. Plugged the Letts in to test it out and absolutely blown away with how great it sounded and it also played lovely! Decided within about 2 minutes that It is definitely staying with me. It is light, perfectly balanced and as a range of tones that are all usable, feels like it was made for me (which obviously it was lol). I cant for the life of me remember why i stopped playing it! Very bizarre.
Any one else had this experience?
[/quote]

Not me.

[quote name='Luulox' timestamp='1445968315' post='2895796']
I was hoping people would substitute a bass of their own and not be so literal. I will make it clearer next time
[/quote]

Nobody took it literally this time, and nobody will next time, but even if you make it clearer next time, [i]someone[/i] will still make a lighthearted comment like I did.
Maybe I should not have used the Mellow smiley, so as to make it clearer? :D

No, When I play my peavey instead of my precision I always think it sounds s**t. Last time I played it at rehearsals the rest of the band though it sounded great and it feels nice which is why I'm reluctant to sell it.

Edited by Nicko