Why become a member? ×

Single Cut Camphor and Alder PJ

Andyjr1515

[quote name='ben4343' timestamp='1453977216' post='2964781']
I have silently followed this from the beginning. Single cuts are really not for me, but the finished result is absolutely mindblowing. I could (and probably will) look at that top for hours. Huge congratulations. What a wonderful thing to have created.
[/quote]
Thanks, ben4343

I know what you mean. I've been taking the fancy shots this morning and it's been sitting on a guitar stand in our sitting room. I just keep looking at it!

Thanks also to everyone for their great feedback and encouragement. Next post is the final piccies!

Andy :)

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1453986916' post='2964951']

[/quote]That finish is just insanely good. It looks deep enough to take swim in. As ever, top work Andy, truly outstanding. Kert is a lucky man, hopefully he'll post some sound clips.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1453988349' post='2964987']
That finish is just insanely good. It looks deep enough to take swim in. As ever, top work Andy, truly outstanding. Kert is a lucky man, hopefully he'll post some sound clips.
[/quote]
Thanks ! :) There are rumours that there maybe some video afoot later :D

I do feel very lucky!
I understand that this wont be to everyones taste, and i'm fine with that.
The whole point was to end up with a truly unique bass, that has the exact specifications i wanted.
Fair play to Andy, he has put up with my suggestions, and guided me in the directions he felt would be best suited, and i couldn't be happier with how it looks.
His skill is obvious for everyone to see.
Im very excited to see how it plays :gas:
I'll definitely sort a video out. Just need to decide how best to go about it to get a true sound of the bass

A beautiful project. Special mention for the non-negligible photographic skills displayed, on top of the self-evident luthier qualities. An inspiration for others, maybe, in that one doesn't have to be constrained by lack of uber-expensive professional facilities to do top-notch work. Brilliant wok; well done, and thanks for sharing all of the great posts.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1453991170' post='2965057']
A beautiful project. Special mention for the non-negligible photographic skills displayed, on top of the self-evident luthier qualities. An inspiration for others, maybe, in that one doesn't have to be constrained by lack of uber-expensive professional facilities to do top-notch work. Brilliant wok; well done, and thanks for sharing all of the great posts.
[/quote]
Thanks, Douglas ! :)