Why become a member? ×

Spector customer service does it again!!!

Damonjames

Hi all, I just thought I'd take a moment to sing the praises of the Spector bass team.
I contacted PJ to try and order some replacement knobs for my Spector, as it had been fitted with some after market ones and I couldn't find the spares page on their rejigged website.
He asked me to email their Czech factory direct, and they have just been in touch to say they would kindly shipped them out free of charge.
HOW GOOD IS THAT?????
I think a few of the bigger name companies could take a look and learn how it is supposed to be done. Great basses backed up by great customer support = someone who won't think twice about buying again.

Cheers Spector!

Good service indeed. It makes the whole ownership of an instrument feel so much better knowing it came from a company that cares about the user even if that person wasn't the first owner of it. Hats off to Spector and duly noted that they are a brand I'd happily buy from in future.

I just had a really, really good buying experience from SmoothHound today too. Delivered just 14hrs after buying online and a lightning quick email response to to a question (32seconds to be precise) from the company owner Chris this afternoon.

Edited by mrtcat

I'm getting a Forte 5 Helium custom built and I get regular emails from Stuart himself. Makes me feel like the dogs-danglies. With the 3 layer US/Euro/Far East product there's something for everyone and the customer service makes you feel good about your decisions.

In the States they have something called the [url="https://www.facebook.com/Spector-Hang-693440367412548/timeline/"]Spector Hang[/url] where Stuart comes out and meets folk. Other companies could learn much from the way they do business.

I made the mistake of having a quick glance through the Spector web site. Darn it, I didn't know that there was such a thing as a Spectorcore before..! Not all that expensive, either..! Now there's [i]another [/i]bass I'd like to have on hand..! Luckily, there are 4 models (4/5, Fretted/fretless...); this will give me enough to ponder over whilst looking hard at my monthly bank statements. Blast you, Basschat..! <_<

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1442339261' post='2866222']
I'm getting a Forte 5 Helium custom built and I get regular emails from Stuart himself. Makes me feel like the dogs-danglies. With the 3 layer US/Euro/Far East product there's something for everyone and the customer service makes you feel good about your decisions.

In the States they have something called the [url="https://www.facebook.com/Spector-Hang-693440367412548/timeline/"]Spector Hang[/url] where Stuart comes out and meets folk. Other companies could learn much from the way they do business.
[/quote]

You lucky bugger!!! I am currently gassing over the helium forte 4 SS currently for sale at bass direct, I really like that passive tone knob with the Aguilar pre!!! DROOOOOOOL

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1442339261' post='2866222']

[/quote]Drool. What's the damage if you don't mind me asking?

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1442349907' post='2866345']
Drool. What's the damage if you don't mind me asking?
[/quote]

I couldn't be so vulgar as to discuss money, but suffice to say it is a good price for what will be a great bass.
The US orders all go through Mark at Bass Direct, if you have a look at the US basses there it's representative of what you might expect to pay.

My build is a Forte which means it's stripped down (no inlays or fancy wood) and that is reflected in the price. I've tried as hard as I can to make it a players bass. Number 1 priority was weight, so I've got the Helium package with swamp ash wings and Hipshot Ultra-lites. Originally I ordered a quilt maple top, but Stuart advised against it due to increased mass, so we're trading looks for play-ability. For feel I'm getting a custom slim neck. I'd been interested in the Darkglass Tone Capsule, but Stuart recommended the Aguilar OBP3 as the best match for EMG 40DC's. She's a 35" 5'er in matte black, no inlays save for a very sharp double S abalone inlay on the 12th.

:)

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1442431661' post='2866966']
I couldn't be so vulgar as to discuss money, but suffice to say it is a good price for what will be a great bass.
The US orders all go through Mark at Bass Direct, if you have a look at the US basses there it's representative of what you might expect to pay.

My build is a Forte which means it's stripped down (no inlays or fancy wood) and that is reflected in the price. I've tried as hard as I can to make it a players bass. Number 1 priority was weight, so I've got the Helium package with swamp ash wings and Hipshot Ultra-lites. Originally I ordered a quilt maple top, but Stuart advised against it due to increased mass, so we're trading looks for play-ability. For feel I'm getting a custom slim neck. I'd been interested in the Darkglass Tone Capsule, but Stuart recommended the Aguilar OBP3 as the best match for EMG 40DC's. She's a 35" 5'er in matte black, no inlays save for a very sharp double S abalone inlay on the 12th.

:)
[/quote]I look forward to seeing the pics - it sounds great.

Got a nice Spector-related story for you.

Back in 2004, I found a nice blue Spector NS5-CRFM on eBay for a really good price. The seller was in the US, and wouldn't ship internationally, so I had to think of something. I was planning a little holiday in the States in February 2005, so I contacted an online acquaintance of mine in the next town over from where I was staying (Edison, NJ) and asked if she could take delivery of the bass, and I'd pick it up when I got there. So that's what happened. And a year later I married her. :D

That special Spector ended up getting sold about a year later, as we were a bit skint and needed the cash. About a year later, whilst browsing eBay (as you do) a familiar-looking blue Spector showed up, this time for an even cheaper price. Turns out it was my old one, and it was cheap because the truss rod was broken. So I bought it and had it shipped to my in-laws' place in the US. Next time we went over to visit, I made arrangements with PJ to take the bass up to the Spector workshop just outside Woodstock, NY (tiny little town called Saugerties, with a little shop right next door run by a hippie British expat that sells British import food). They replaced the truss rod for me, then and there, for free. Now that's proper customer service, above and beyond the call of duty.

And I still have that bass. Never letting it go again. :D

[quote name='Russ' timestamp='1442435608' post='2867008']

Back in 2004, I found a nice blue Spector NS5-CRFM on eBay for a really good price. The seller was in the US, and wouldn't ship internationally, so I had to think of something. I was planning a little holiday in the States in February 2005, so I contacted an online acquaintance of mine in the next town over from where I was staying (Edison, NJ) and asked if she could take delivery of the bass, and I'd pick it up when I got there. So that's what happened. And a year later I married her. :D

That special Spector ended up getting sold about a year later, as we were a bit skint and needed the cash. About a year later, whilst browsing eBay (as you do) a familiar-looking blue Spector showed up, this time for an even cheaper price. Turns out it was my old one, and it was cheap because the truss rod was broken. So I bought it and had it shipped to my in-laws' place in the US. Next time we went over to visit, I made arrangements with PJ to take the bass up to the Spector workshop just outside Woodstock, NY (tiny little town called Saugerties, with a little shop right next door run by a hippie British expat that sells British import food). They replaced the truss rod for me, then and there, for free. Now that's proper customer service, above and beyond the call of duty.

[/quote]

Great story - show us a photo please! (of the bass)

[quote name='Russ' timestamp='1442435608' post='2867008']

[/quote]

Great story!!!!!

The bass I regret selling - my NS5 bolt-on; unfortunately it did not meet my gigging needs at the time. The USA models are impeccably built; even the control cavity is a work of art. Those Helium basses are beautifully minimalist and you have a bit of history given the source of the woods used.