Why become a member? ×

NBD! Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Jack Casady 2014 - Alpine White

stuckinthepod

Yay! After the delivery palaver I posted about earlier I'm very happy to confirm the Epi is safe and well.

I saw this bass a week and a half ago ago on Thomann and had to have it. It's my first "new" bass as in box fresh. I bought it completely off spec/reviews having never played one but noted all the good feedback they get on Basschat

Thomann to their credit wrapped it well and it was double boxed so no harm done by the rain. Still need to let Thomann know what their UK delivery partner is doing with their products and have lodged a complaint with ParcelForce.

The bass is a beauty and looks ace in white. Paint job is very good, hard ware seems good as do the tone and volume controls. Yes the strings are pretty low end roundwounds but they'll do for now until I can get some flats on it. Action is quite good but the intonation on E and A strings will need a tweak as very flat.

The tone and playability are excellent. Neck feels chunky but comfortable a bit like my old Epi EB3 so nice and familiar. The tones are exactly as others on here have commented. Big and bold tones with a hint of DB on the 50 position, happy medium on the 250 and grindy rock tones on the 500.

I'm very happy and looking forward to exploring what she can do over the next few days prior to next band practice.
[url="https://flic.kr/p/sqyVAv"][/url]

[url="https://flic.kr/p/sH33cc"][/url]

All good in the end :)

That is one sexy looking bass, one of two basses I lust after, the other being a Dano Longhorn. I've done well to resist this far but pictures like that aren't helping.

Glad you're enjoying it.

I had a gold one until a few months ago (only sold for financial restructuring - nothing to do with the bass), but ooft, those white ones are looking damn nice.

Watch out for feedback, as they are mostly hollow. Don't stand too close to your amp or monitor. Unless you want feedback as part of your sound of course...

[quote name='planer' timestamp='1431436645' post='2771318']
You look happy mate, nice one! The bass looks awesome, I can't remember seeing one in that colour before.
[/quote]

I've read that they were initially limited to 600 in white worldwide, whether that is still the case I don't know.

[quote] Slightly (!) ot, what's occurring on your fence? :-)
[/quote]
Ha,ha.
My wife was until recently a childminder working from home. On the fence is a blackboard and the white pictures are alphabet pictures. It's all about the OFSTED ratings man! :)

Wife and kids get an equal share of the whole house with me relegated to that small corner of the kitchen diner for bassing.

Edited by stuckinthepod

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1431435258' post='2771282']
Watch out for feedback, as they are mostly hollow. Don't stand too close to your amp or monitor. Unless you want feedback as part of your sound of course...
[/quote]

Cheers. I cranked it a bit last night as next door are away. Got plenty of feedback especially on the 500 position but it seems really controllable and actually quite useable. Dropping the volume knob to 9 seemed to cut most of it out immediately. Can't wait it to have another play tonight.