Why become a member? ×

I lent my amp to someone and....

They fiddled with the knobs and it sounds great!
I loaned it out to a friend who runs a "Dub Club" for use by a visiting band, I couldn't make it that night so I don't know who.
I used it tonight and it sounds great , good bass but with a bit more Rickesque grow (I played a jazz)l, my tone pot (on the bass)seems to give me more range of tones too. I haven't had a chance to look carefully at what they did but I think (s)he's taken some of the mid out.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1430992142' post='2766576'] Of course, everyone talks about my sound.

Everyone.
[/quote]

I was just commenting on that to my daughter this morning....

Cool! I often guessed the settings in rehearsal rooms , due to time issues and dodgy equipment. When I let another guy use my trace Elliott at a gig , he did me a favour.
The favour being, totally inaudible in the video that was shot of the gig, leading me to sell the heavy piece of s@it and get a much better amp and sound .

I loaned a newfound musician mate a 100 watt Orange valve guitar amp in the mid '80s as he didn't own a decent one and he moved house suddenly.
Never found out where he went.

Somewhere out there I still actually own a classic amp worth a few pretty pennies.....