Why become a member? ×

Barefaced revelation last night

paul_5

Dunno. It would need to deliver the same sort of punch as the Hydrive, but I wouldn't imagine that's a problem based on what I heard last night.

Also, given that I run the Hydrive with the HF horn turned off it could arguable be any of them.

Actually this is more Mrs_5's GAS - she wants me to have a smaller rig sitting around the house, and my back would probably appreciate it too...

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1430581804' post='2762854']
I love the - now disconinued - Super 12T. Fantastic one-cab-does-all solution, easy to carry, on-board wheels, loud, articulate, all I need in a cab. So I have two!
[/quote]

Knowing the old S12 and the new Super Compact, I can safely say the new Super Twin is even more immense and incredible ;)

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1430586383' post='2762914']
But I'm very glad you liked whichever of our cabs it was! :)
[/quote]

2nd Gen 2x12 with a HF driver.

PM'ed.

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1430586894' post='2762918']
2nd Gen 2x12 with a HF driver.
[/quote]

Super 12 T? That's the only barefaced cab I've ever used and it was bowel looseningly good! :D

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1430639948' post='2763195']Me too, best cab I've ever had, and so light![/quote]

For comedy value ask an unsuspecting band member to pick it up by the side handles and watch them chin themselves as they put way too much effort in...

[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1430652466' post='2763360']
For comedy value ask an unsuspecting band member to pick it up by the side handles and watch them chin themselves as they put way too much effort in...
[/quote]

Awesome idea - I've GOT to have one now! :D

[/quote]
I did something similar to a bassist friend. He very nearly threw my Compact over his head :)

[/quote]

When I ran a barefaced rig I never got tired of doing that to stage hands at festivals. ;)
The trick is to make sure you tell them how powerful it is first ;)

Edited by gafbass02

As a local resident (to Brighton). Alex lent me a SuperTwin which I gigged this weekend. Suffice to say, it was heaven, from putting it in the car (after carrying it up 3 flights of stairs from the workshop) to terrorising the guitarist 2 nights in a row. Simply the best stage tone, stood right on top of it to being 15 ft from it. Lightweight, loud and very clear. My ABM500 has never sounded so good and I imagine that there was plenty more in the cab if I'd've pushed it. All in all, I'm a convert. I'm not sure if the SuperTwin is right, perhaps 2 x SuperCompacts will be more versatile but I'm pretty sure they'll be the last cabs I buy for quite a long time..

See you very soon Alex.. !