Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Steve Harris West Ham colours in coming, photos now added on page 3

police squad

I apologise if I've rained on a new bass day. I only wanted to say the West Ham reference ain't up my street. As for the bass, they are great as far as I know and I'm sure the op will really enjoy it ;)

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1427101491' post='2725652']

It plays better than the Irons did on Saturday. (but that's not hard, still, a win is a win and I'll take that)
[/quote]

Nice one.....

As for the Irons i'll take 3pts at this stage of the season however it is achieved ;)

Irrespective of the loveliness expressed in the previous comments, aren't Fender simply alienating potential buyers by selling a West Ham themed bass?

Look, I'm never buying another Fender, plus I am a lifelong Chelsea supporter - through the ups and downs - and I wouldn't be seen dead with a bass, irrespective of how good it is, in West Ham livery.

P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1427191704' post='2726850']
Irrespective of the loveliness expressed in the previous comments, aren't Fender simply alienating potential buyers by selling a West Ham themed bass?

Look, I'm never buying another Fender, plus I am a lifelong Chelsea supporter - through the ups and downs - and I wouldn't be seen dead with a bass, irrespective of how good it is, in West Ham livery.

P
[/quote]

I think you're missing the point. This is not about football, it's about a bass guitar based on someone elses bass guitar. If Sting painted his bass guitar in the colours of whomever he supported AND he used it in the Police, I would buy it and use it in my Police tribute.

It's about the instrument

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1427191704' post='2726850']

P
[/quote]

I guess there is a worldwide, albeit neiche market for these.
Some of them maybe don't follow football and just think it's extra cool to have a Team logo on the bass.
I'm in the club myself where I wouldn't want any Team logo or extra artwork (that I don't put) on my bass.
Looks the Bizz otherwise .

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to gig the Steve Harris bass. It was outside and a tad cold, but what a great bass. Fantastic neck but those strings. OMG. Just too heavy for me. I'm going to stick a standard 45-105 set of swing bass on it.
The weight didn't bother me at all. Probably had the bass on for nearly 2 hours.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1428388309' post='2740702']
Cool bass, glad you like it.

I'd be a bit careful about the venues I gigged it in though - could well be a magnet for idiots to hassle you.
[/quote]

I only play in West Ham fan's venues lol.

I imagine it could cause a stir in there wre a load of football F***wits present

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1427044472' post='2725013']
and it weighs 12 pounds on the bathroom scales
[/quote]

Put some Hipshot Ultra-lites on it and it will "only" weigh about 11.5lb then!! :D

Blimey though - I get upset at more than 9.5lb.

I had a lovely lovely lovely Yamaha Attitude 3 - but that was 12lb as well and had to go. I just couldn't do it.