Why become a member? ×

February Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1425131705' post='2704296']
[color=#800000][size=5][b]Voting ends tonight at midnight![/b][/size][/color]
[/quote]

I'm hoping for a strong, last-minute swell of support, to the tune of about 12 votes.
I should've done more door-to-door canvassing.

Edited by alittlebitrobot

Congratulations, Bleat, on your win this month; a very closely-won race..!

Here is your downloadable, printable certificate that you can frame and proudly display...

[attachment=185176:_BC_Cert_2015_02.pdf]

... (Download and save as '_BC_Chal_Cert_Febr_2015.pdf'...)

Which looks like this (only bigger, of course..!)...

[attachment=185174:_BC_Cert_2015_02.jpg]

Well done, again. Onward and upward...

Edited by Dad3353

Yes congratulations Bleat , you got one of my votes aswell , the bar has definitely been raised again , well done to everyone who entered and a big thanks to those who took the time to listen, vote and contribute in the thread.

I know February is technically a short month , but getting an entry done early for the challenge really makes the month seem a long one :D

Well I'm genuinely amazed I won, thank you so much to everyone who felt my tune was worth a vote... it's definitely given me some confidence I've been lacking of late... next time I will try and use a real bass! :)

Everyone's compositions were truly great, I really would have voted for everyone else if it was possible. A special mention must go to Bilbo though for basically coming joint 1st. :D

I will be making multiple copies of my certificate and posting them in various places around town.

Cheers,
James
:)

[quote name='Bleat' timestamp='1425174767' post='2704789']...
I will be making multiple copies of my certificate and posting them in various places around town...
[/quote]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]

... and a big 'Thank you' to those who voted mine into a surprise, but welcome, 3rd place.
An excellent crop this month; no wastage, proven by the absence of 'zero votes'. Well done, all who participated, in whatever capacity.

Edited by Dad3353

[color=#800000][b][size=5]March's Challenge is now up and running in the Recording forum![/size][/b][/color]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/256856-march-composition-challenge-get-writing/"][b][size=5]GO HERE[/size][/b][/url]

It's a great photo this month... have fun :)

I had an absolute blast not only composing mine but listening to them all. There's something special about hearing other people follow the same inspiration as you and share the same angst/joy they had in the art of creating these works.

I've got a tune in my head already for March... :D

Dang, forgot to say well done Bleat! And Bilbo and Dad for 2nd and 3rd places!

Edited by Mornats

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1425205872' post='2704931']
There's something special about hearing other people follow the same inspiration as you and share the same angst/joy they had in the art of creating these works.[/quote]

^ Definitely this! Well said :)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1425218154' post='2705127']
PS: what did everyone think of the new voting system? (ie. choice of three instead of one).

I liked it and think we should switch to this from now on... but happy to discuss it!
[/quote]

It would have better suited me if we had been allowed 10 votes, not 3 (assuming that one doesn't vote for oneself, of course...). Other than that, I'd say 'Success', to be retained, at least until a system of weighting can be implemented, like F1 racing, but fairer. It seems to work for that Eurovision thingy... "Poland: five points, La Pologne: cinq points..." That would be fun, wouldn't it..? No..? Oh, alright, then. :mellow:

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1425218154' post='2705127']
PS: what did everyone think of the new voting system? (ie. choice of three instead of one).

I liked it and think we should switch to this from now on... but happy to discuss it!
[/quote]

The new vote gets my vote!

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1425230489' post='2705327']
It gets my vote too.

Well done to Bleat. Cracking tune. I enjoyed listening to the others too & it would have been hard to choose just one.

Looking forward to this mumph's comp. Cracking pic.
[/quote]

Thanks xgsjx :D

Going to go back to playing some good old classic hard rock stuff on my bass now, none of this namby pamby composing lark ;)