Why become a member? ×

New cheap Marcus Miller endorsed range of basses - Sire

Clarky

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1424372900' post='2695683']
Well yes and no. My TRBX is the first active bass ive owned that will run in true passive mode, without even needing a battery in it. Other active basses ive had haven't worked like this and if the battery died so did the bass. Maybe this wasn't the norm though.
So while I understand the active/passive switch I'd still like confirmation that it does indeed work as above.

Gettting very close to ordering the White/RW V7 though.
[/quote]

Yes, I assumed that all active passive basses could do the same, however they may not I suppose. From what I remember my previous active passive bass could go without the battery and I've got a Yamaha TRBX504 which as you know will work with no battery.

I should find out soon re. the MM v7 :)

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1424373135' post='2695688']

Yes, I assumed that all active passive basses could do the same, however they may not I suppose. From what I remember my previous active passive bass could go without the battery and I've got a Yamaha TRBX504 which as you know will work with no battery.

I should find out soon re. the MM v7 :)
[/quote]

Yes, I beleive some just take the active EQ out of circuit, but still use the preamp.

Not a big deal breaker though, but would be nice to know as I tend to forget to unplug between sets sometimes.

Looking forward to your views etc.

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1424376905' post='2695744']
He really does.
I like his little moans as he unwraps it.
[/quote]

I found the running water annoying and the little moans rather disturbing...I did, for a moment, wonder what we were going to see next :o

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1424380759' post='2695805']
It does indeed. Nice playing as well.

Do you gig with this bass?
[/quote]

Thank you and I really do like the bass.

The overall qaulity of the bass is top notc and even though sound is subjective the bass is extremely versatile and at the most slightest turn of any of the knobs on the pre you will hear a difference in tone.

Found this glowing review (in German) with loads of high res pictures and sound samples on Talkbass.
http://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/sire-marcus-miller-v7-4-saiter-bass-test.html

Oh man, that bass sounds good! :gas:
7 more days for mine to arrive.. patience..patience.... :ph34r: Darn, i can't wait it the G.A.S. is killing me!!! :lol:

[quote name='Bassdude BE' timestamp='1424411108' post='2695997']
Found this glowing review (in German) with loads of high res pictures and sound samples on Talkbass.
[url="http://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/sire-marcus-miller-v7-4-saiter-bass-test.html"]http://www.bonedo.de...-bass-test.html[/url]

Oh man, that bass sounds good! :gas:
7 more days for mine to arrive.. patience..patience.... :ph34r: Darn, i can't wait it the G.A.S. is killing me!!! :lol:
[/quote]

Just checked Parcelforce tracking & mine arrived at the Cornwall Depot at 5am this morning...hopefully it'll be at home when I finish work!

Nice one. fingers crossed its a keeper. I have no issues at all ordering from Thomanns, their returns are very good.

I purposely left my credit card at home today, but i can see me ordering one over the weekend. If the gig goes well on Sat then ill order one on Sunday.

Black or white, it will be at the toss of a coin now (although if i get the white one the GF wont notice a new bass lol)

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1424426054' post='2696112']
Nice one. fingers crossed its a keeper. I have no issues at all ordering from Thomanns, their returns are very good.

I purposely left my credit card at home today, but i can see me ordering one over the weekend. If the gig goes well on Sat then ill order one on Sunday.

Black or white, it will be at the toss of a coin now (although if i get the white one the GF wont notice a new bass lol)
[/quote]

Best play safe and go for white ;)

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1424437067' post='2696284']
Best play safe and go for white ;)
[/quote]

To be honest i could turn up with a twin neck and she wouldn't notice. She has never commented on any new bass (or camera etc) that has appeared. no matter what colour. I do like the White though. It reminds me of my old Fender MIA P5 but nicer. But the black reminds me of my Lakland DJ5, and the SB reminds me of the of........

[quote name='gazza70' timestamp='1424438534' post='2696310']
Haha will try just for you dave ;)
[/quote]

Please do, although im hoping for the worst lol.

I have the white in the basket on Thomanns, just waiting for the bad news.

[quote name='JAUQO III-X' timestamp='1424373064' post='2695687']
John owens playing a Sire MM 5 string. [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9UmaR8TThs"]https://www.youtube....h?v=L9UmaR8TThs[/url]
[/quote]

That's not helping my Sire MM GAS!! Great tone - I'm hoping it's in the fingers... ;)

Edited by discreet

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Got mine today at 3.30pm.. It's a wonderful instrument. It feels great-very tactile. The build quality seems very high,very well finished. The action is reasonably low out of the box & with the pick up cover on would need to come down a touch. I've just had a little bit of time playing & the electronics will provide a huge range of tones with some really nice growly lows & sweet highs! Here's some pics..[/font][/color]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/daddalziel/sets/72157650941569855/

[quote name='dieseldalziel' timestamp='1424457084' post='2696594']
[color=#141414]Got mine today at 3.30pm.. It's a wonderful instrument. It feels great-very tactile. The build quality seems very high,very well finished. The action is reasonably low out of the box & with the pick up cover on would need to come down a touch. I've just had a little bit of time playing & the electronics will provide a huge range of tones with some really nice growly lows & sweet highs! Here's some pics..[/color]

[url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/daddalziel/sets/72157650941569855/"]https://www.flickr.c...57650941569855/[/url]
[/quote]

Huzzah! What a start to the weekend.

Great pics, god bless those Japanese factories

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1424452014' post='2696524']

But I bet the information has been logged and stored for retrieval at the appropriate time. ;)
[/quote]

Nah, all my basses are on loan from mates ;-).

Gavin, that's a lovely bass, congrats. Looks forward to hearing more about it when you have had a good play.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1424461695' post='2696680']

I've never been able to use that excuse, only one of my very limited number of mates plays bass...and it sucks
[/quote]

Actually ive only used that once as far as basses goes. She genuinely doesn't notice what I'm playing. I did tell he about the last bass I got and she said the usual "you don't need another bass", "what are you going to do with the others?" etc etc.