Why become a member? ×

Show your Wals... Appreciation Thread

overwater#1

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1434544715' post='2800601']
WAY too many strings of course, but... wow! :gas: I officially have Wal GAS. It's going to be a problem.
[/quote]

Well Wal have plenty of other options available for those who prefer their basses with the correct number of strings and maybe a little less coffee table like :)

Wal GAS is painful... the only redeeming feature of my Wal GAS over my general bass GAS is that it took them so long to build it I had two years to cobble the pennies together!

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1434545446' post='2800613']
...the only redeeming feature of my Wal GAS is that it took them so long to build it I had two years to cobble the pennies together!
[/quote]

Oh God, don't tell me that... though I've just been looking at their website and it seems even the deposit would take some getting together, so that's a good thing... I think. Mustn't buy another bass... mustn't buy another bass... mustn't buy another bass... (repeat and fade)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1434536546' post='2800482']
W150615 is born...

...available to pick up in two weeks time :o
[/quote]

Why is it not available to pickup now? It would be stating the obvious to note that it appears to be finished and in the case. Just curious as I am expecting mine sometime in October.

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1434565781' post='2800868']
Why is it not available to pickup now? It would be stating the obvious to note that it appears to be finished and in the case. Just curious as I am expecting mine sometime in October.
[/quote]

I don't know, I thought that as well... Maybe there is some work to do on the setup or something. Paul did say it's available to pick up from the 27th but that may just be because I initially said I'd have to pick it up on a Saturday. As I'm away that weekend the 1st is the first date I can realistically pick it up... I just want it now!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1434572132' post='2800946']
Gorgeous :) I love the sapwood in the preamp area, seen the back yet?
[/quote]

That's the only picture I have unfortunately, I can't wait to get it home and go over it in minute detail...

[quote name='kulit17' timestamp='1434599155' post='2801068']
Btw, any pics of your new fretless 4 in its new home?
[/quote]

I've not got the fretless four yet. I need to drop my Shedua sixer off for a service when I pick this new one up. Then when that's all serviced / setup as the buyer wants it I'll send it off to Germany and hopefully the fretless four won't be too long after that...

I'm looking forward to it but this sixer is the main event for me, I've been waiting for this for 18 months... the fretless four just kinda happened because I am weak and everyone knows I can't resist...... and well i did need a fretless... that's my justification anyway :blink:

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1434612378' post='2801109']
Busy busy with all the Wal servicing and maintenance and new bass and such... Bah! *jealous* Thhp! :P
[/quote]

Yes I can't complain, it's not exactly a chore...

Paul has agreed to let me take some photos of his workshop / work in progress basses so hopefully I'll be able to put together a little Wal workshop visit thread after my trip down there in a couple of weeks time.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1434612800' post='2801113']
Yes I can't complain, it's not exactly a chore... Paul has agreed to let me take some photos of his workshop / work in progress basses so hopefully I'll be able to put together a little Wal workshop visit thread after my trip down there in a couple of weeks time.
[/quote]

I think it's the least you can do, really. :P

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1434565781' post='2800868']

Why is it not available to pickup now? It would be stating the obvious to note that it appears to be finished and in the case.
[/quote]

Negatory! That bass doesn't seem to have the string tree installed. It must take at least a week to install one. :P

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1432649179' post='2783563']
My new Ziricote MK3 sixer is due in six weeks so I decided it might be time to think about moving on my Shedua MK3 sixer... so I replied to a buyers PM who has been interested for a while and put a plan in place to sell it on...

... and then I noticed he had put this up for sale to raise the funds;

a 2014 fretless MK1 with gorgeous stained sycamore facings.

... and so a trade was done and following the arrival of my new MK3 and a service of my current one, this beauty will be making it's way to me :)

Can't wait...
[/quote]

Hey Rob,

haven't been on the show your Wals thread for a long time - wow - your sixer's going to be absolutely awesome! That ziricote looks fantastic!

Yes - the MK I fretless is mine a wonderful instrument with a great tone and playability -

I reckoned that since I purchased a fretless MKII fiver Wal from 1995 in mint condition while waiting for the new one to arrive (guess a lot of us does that to pass the time until that new one arrives ...)

I should sell on the new MKI to get some money together for your lovely shedua sixer, since no one seems interested in buying my Taylor AB4 acoustic bass.

Can hardly wait for the sixer now - having owned two sixers already: jensenmann's fretless one and little eel's one which had been fretted. I know I shouldn't have sold them at that time ...

[quote name='spiritchaser' timestamp='1434786513' post='2802755']

Hey Rob,

haven't been on the show your Wals thread for a long time - wow - your sixer's going to be absolutely awesome! That ziricote looks fantastic!

Yes - the MK I fretless is mine a wonderful instrument with a great tone and playability -

I reckoned that since I purchased a fretless MKII fiver Wal from 1995 in mint condition while waiting for the new one to arrive (guess a lot of us does that to pass the time until that new one arrives ...)

I should sell on the new MKI to get some money together for your lovely shedua sixer, since no one seems interested in buying my Taylor AB4 acoustic bass.

Can hardly wait for the sixer now - having owned two sixers already: jensenmann's fretless one and little eel's one which had been fretted. I know I shouldn't have sold them at that time ...
[/quote]

I'm very much looking forward to the trade for your mk1 fretless, I'm glad it worked out the way it has. I wish I was in a position to keep the shedua sixer but alas I must move it on and trading it for another Wal makes it seem much less painful.

I will be dropping the shedua sixer off for its service \ setup a week on Wednesday so hopefully it won't be too long after that I can get it sent out to you.

I will shortly be very lucky to own two wals that will cover all my playing needs, but I can see how some of the guys across the pond have ended up with mighty collections... I'm already thinking about ordering a fretted mk1 when I pick my ziricote sixer up just to get in before the rumered price hike.

Edited by CamdenRob

Great news Rob! So maybe I'm going to be into playing sixstring again very soon :)

Order one more if you can afford it - you can't have enough of these fine basses ;)

I own three of them and each of them is just awesome. Your sixer is going to be my 15th Wal - I guess I definately have the Wal virus.

Cheers
Oliver[attachment=194756:SDC15488.JPG][attachment=194758:SDC13603.JPG][attachment=194759:SDC13611.JPG]