Why become a member? ×

Show your Wals... Appreciation Thread

overwater#1

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1429534958' post='2752320']
I love sappy ziricote, a Fretboard of the same is going on my Alpha build :)

This is going to look great! Must be killing you, Rob!
[/quote]

To be honest, I've been waiting for so long I'd kind of got used to it... I've only started to feel impatient now it's just a couple of months away!

• 3 weeks later...

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Here are my Lovely Wal's!
My Wal Pro Bass SN W3148 not sure the date, 80's I think, Will have to see Dave's posts it is all there...[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I always wanted a Pro bass Fretless (pickup near the bridge) but couldn't find one in the colour I wanted then "goblin" ( Dave) on here was selling his but a fretted! Never mind you can't have them all! With a trade in and cash I now have one!!
Would never of even looked at a Pro if it wasn't for some Road shows I was engineering on 10 years ago (I'm a sound tech) The House band "bass player had a Pro fretless and a streamer, PFL the Wal OMG every time it was played just captivating to listen to! So from then I just had to have one! He nearly sold me his but he couldn't part from it! Don't blame him! Still thinking of De-fretting it....[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]As for the Mk2, Well Seemed like the Best progression, plus i wanted to see what a Pro would sound like on steroids.... haha
Only had this about 2 weeks, I purchased it off W11ATO "Rob" Lovely chap! when I noticed it on his FB page. The next day I was taking it home! He had allot of interest, Sorry guys if it was you...[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have to say it is like New!! It is a Mk1 SN W2635 Nov 85. " Brazilian Mahogany" Core, English Olive Ash Faces, Indian rosewood FB.
Well that's what the Cavity cover states The bass is Immaculate! I can't find as much as a blemish or a scratch! It should be in a museum! No fret wear at all! Must of just been left in a wardrobe for the last 30 years!! Rob did play it, but didn't know who the previous owners were. Anyone here?
The only thing I had to completely strip the bridge down as every saddle adjuster was seized. But all good now! New strings, Battery was good but I changed it anyway!
I do plan on gigging the bass, it won't sit around doing nothing now![/font][/size]

[url="http://s693.photobucket.com/user/jb777fog/media/Bass%20picks%20Genral/DSC02117.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Maxn

[quote name='Maxn' timestamp='1431982118' post='2777021']
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Here are my Lovely Wal's!
My Wal Pro Bass SN W3148 not sure the date, 80's I think, Will have to see Dave's posts it is all there...[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I always wanted a Pro bass Fretless (pickup near the bridge) but couldn't find one in the colour I wanted then "goblin" ( Dave) on here was selling his but a fretted! Never mind you can't have them all! With a trade in and cash I now have one!!
Would never of even looked at a Pro if it wasn't for some Road shows I was engineering on 10 years ago (I'm a sound tech) The House band "bass player had a Pro fretless and a streamer, PFL the Wal OMG every time it was played just captivating to listen to! So from then I just had to have one! He nearly sold me his but he couldn't part from it! Don't blame him! Still thinking of De-fretting it....[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]As for the Mk2, Well Seemed like the Best progression, plus i wanted to see what a Pro would sound like on steroids.... haha
Only had this about 2 weeks, I purchased it off W11ATO "Rob" Lovely chap! when I noticed it on his FB page. The next day I was taking it home! He had allot of interest, Sorry guys if it was you...[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have to say it is like New!! It is a Mk1 SN W2635 Nov 85. " Brazilian Mahogany" Core, English Olive Ash Faces, Indian rosewood FB.
Well that's what the Cavity cover states The bass is Immaculate! I can't find as much as a blemish or a scratch! It should be in a museum! No fret wear at all! Must of just been left in a wardrobe for the last 30 years!! Rob did play it, but didn't know who the previous owners were. Anyone here?
The only thing I had to completely strip the bridge down as every saddle adjuster was seized. But all good now! New strings, Battery was good but I changed it anyway!
I do plan on gigging the bass, it won't sit around doing nothing now![/font][/size]

[url="http://s693.photobucket.com/user/jb777fog/media/Bass%20picks%20Genral/DSC02117.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

That Olive Ash one looks just like my old one!!!! I do hope so! I cannot remember the serial number, but the dates tally and I have pics, and will post asap!! I cannot remember if I marked this one too, but my fretless had "KGF" scratched in the black coating in the control cavity...

Edited by MoJoKe

My new Ziricote MK3 sixer is due in six weeks so I decided it might be time to think about moving on my Shedua MK3 sixer... so I replied to a buyers PM who has been interested for a while and put a plan in place to sell it on...

... and then I noticed he had put this up for sale to raise the funds;

a 2014 fretless MK1 with gorgeous stained sycamore facings.

... and so a trade was done and following the arrival of my new MK3 and a service of my current one, this beauty will be making it's way to me :)

Can't wait...

Edited by CamdenRob

Just doing a switch of my M4Ss to M4SLites...already did this on my Mark 2 Fretless and it makes a world of difference. Although not light basses, now they are really balanced. This one is a 1990 build...I've had it since new and it's in just about like new shape. Stained Maple facings...they're a bit green also and I suspect they did a chemical wash in addition. This bass sounds fantastic.

Andro, I still need to got on with doing the M4S lite tuner ordering. My MkII 5 used to mainly sit unused, but now that I've joined a new band I'm using the 5 nearly everyday, and my 4's are sitting unused. I need to reduce some mass at the headstock for my upcoming loooooong gigs.

Edited by mikeswals

[quote name='mikeswals' timestamp='1433475675' post='2791373']
Andro, I still need to got on with doing the M4S lite tuner ordering. My MkII 5 used to mainly sit unused, but now that I've joined a new band I'm using the 5 nearly everyday, and my 4's are sitting unused. I need to reduce some mass at the headstock for my upcoming loooooong gigs.
[/quote]

Mike!

You will be very happy with the M4S Lites.

Here is Lars' contact info. If you eMail him directly he'll alert as to how to order online i.e. select the 4-string set in the finish you need and then in the comments for your order write-in the 5th tuner you need:

[b]Schaller Electronic GmbH[/b]
Dr. Lars Bünning
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter
Managing Director – Owner

An der Heide 15
92353 Postbauer-Heng
Deutschland/Germany
Nbg. HRB 22913
Steuer-Nr.: 201/138/00055
USt-IdNr.: DE 250 628 367
Tel.: 0049/(0)9180 910 0
Fax: 0049/(0)9180 2600
e-mail: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
[url="http://www.schaller-electronic.com/"]www.schaller-electronic.com[/url]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1433716106' post='2793404']
Oof! Well... this was a very dangerous thread to look at... :blink:
[/quote]

Yes back away now, you know it makes sense.

You really don't need to throw in Wal GAS on top of all your other ones :D