Why become a member? ×

New Bowie

So, he's managed to put out a song without waiting 10 years. What do you reckon?

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFX1y62l9C4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFX1y62l9C4[/url]

Sounds like his recording sessions were gatecrashed by Soft Machine. Perhaps he should have waited.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1416143119' post='2607253']
Just as 'bad' as his last offering unfortunately; not for me. I was watching his 2007(?) Reality tour gig on Sky Arts yesterday, really good - what happened?
[/quote]

Great gig, tour was 2003/4, then he had a heart attack.

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1416148956' post='2607335']I have to take my hat off to him for not playing it safe - Respect!
[/quote]He never has I suppose and there have been other moments in his canon that have been questioned by the masses. Kudos for trying something else, but it's not for me. I'm sure that there are plenty who will love it though.

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1416146151' post='2607306']
Bowie does film noir thriller theme tune with sixth form level lyrics shocker...
[/quote] :D

Really great. I think I'll play that next time I'm at an open mic. I bet it would work great on acoustic. And to boot..... The barmaids name is Sue and she loves a good throttling.

It must be liberating to be at a stage in your career where you can churn out music like that because you want to. No pressure from the record company.

I liked it, it was edgy. I don't think I wanna hear it again though.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1416227177' post='2608048']
It must be liberating to be at a stage in your career where you can churn out music like that because you want to. No pressure from the record company.
[/quote]
My knowledge of Bowie is far from exhaustive, but I have assumed that throughout his entire career he's pretty much done what he wants to...
...perhaps with the exception of The Laughing Gnome. :unsure:

Also prefer this to anything on The Next Day album.

Really enjoying the B-side 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore, described as what the Vorticists might have sounded like if they made music.

Pretentious-sounding description until you hear it and actually it's pretty accurate (if you know the British Vorticists work that is).